Tata Zest XT Revotron: My Whitey, Pristine

Thanks a lot Uniquebee.

No noise in the accelerator as you have seen.
Again no noise in the steering wheel as well. This is one of the best EPS units around.
Gear knob vibration is felt when you rest your hand in the extreme front/back positions after slotting the gear as if you are taking support on it. Have explained this in the ownership review as well.

With respect to mileage even I have also seen only 9-10 in city driving conditions. I am yet to take her on a highway. Since this is the run-in period mileage will be a bit less. It will improve after 1st service.
Thanks for your reply. I also expect that mileage will improve after 1st or send service. It will be very helpful to me, if anyone can refer a good Tata dealer and service center in Kolkata or Howrah. Please I really need one. [cry]

Thanks a lot Uniquebee.
His name is Manjunath near Naveen Park 8147856585. Near Vijayanagar you have a big play ground called as New Public ground. It is opposite to the shop. You can ask for Sarvajna School to anybody near Vijayanagar and call him to get the exact address. It is on the main road. He gets it done from some one else and just fits it near his shop. You can quote my name and White Zest.

This is the thing needed for TML. If this comes true then TML can sure come to their lost 2nd spot in the passenger car segment.
Thanks a lot don for the shop info, will check over this weekend.

In addition to TML, i feel concorde need to change a lot. Regret lot for taking with concorde instead KHT/any other.
I am planning to visit other dealers for further ones like next service or any issue. Is it fine or i need to carry anything to thm specific like service coupons with me? Again related to service coupon - only got 3 coupon till 2nd year..when asked for 3rd year coupon no reply from dealer.

Also purchased AMC, Ext warranty from tbem, whether for that will also they will give me any further docs/coupons?
Because currently in that swagaat booklet its just scribbled in AMC, Ext warranty columns.
Whether that is fine and TML would have centralized customer info and share with other dealers if i visit them?

Last edited:

In addition to TML, i feel concorde need to change a lot. Regret lot for taking with concorde instead KHT/any other.
I am planning to visit other dealers for further ones like next service or any issue. Is it fine or i need to carry anything to thm specific like service coupons with me? Again related to service coupon - only got 3 coupon till 2nd year..when asked for 3rd year coupon no reply from dealer.

Also purchased AMC, Ext warranty from tbem, whether for that will also they will give me any further docs/coupons?
Because currently in that swagaat booklet its just scribbled in AMC, Ext warranty columns.
Whether that is fine and TML would have centralized customer info and share with other dealers if i visit them?
Hi
I don't think that AMC or extended warranty is going to be dealer specific. You can get them redeemed anywhere in India I guess (anyone throw some light on this if I am wrong here).

Fantastic writeup Lohith, one of the most detailed ones on zest on the internet!
Ill keep looking forward to regular updates, wish you many many safe miles with your new whitey!
two whiteys on the forum now![;)]

Hi Wincy,

I got it done from outside. It cost me Rs 4400 including fitting. As mentioned in the review the dealer had art leather/fabric combo seat covers for Rs 6500 but I didn't like the fitting. It was kind of loose near the seat ends. They don't remove the seat and fit it. Just apply on top of the seats is what the accessory guy told me.
Hi Lohith,
Did a bit of research on artificial leather seat covers. Just like to get your opinion on this. (I know that its been raining cats and dogs all over Bangalore from past few days) Does your seat cover heats up when left out in the sun? Lots of users have mentioned this issue in thread posted under team BHP. They have also added that the art leather tends to sag after few years and users find it difficult to remain in a comfortable seating position for long time.
Since I don't have a closed parking facility and my car is going to remain out in the sun for a considerable amount of time please do let me know your opinion on getting art leather covers installed. [confused]

Hi Wincy,

I got it done from outside. It cost me Rs 4400 including fitting. As mentioned in the review the dealer had art leather/fabric combo seat covers for Rs 6500 but I didn't like the fitting. It was kind of loose near the seat ends. They don't remove the seat and fit it. Just apply on top of the seats is what the accessory guy told me.
Hi Lohith,
Do you have any idea in Bangalore for good show room for leather seat cover
?Please give some inputs on this one.

Thread Starter #39
Many Congrats don.lohith for the whitey ! wish you many happy miles !
Thanks Slashinv

Hi Lohith,
Do you have any idea in Bangalore for good show room for leather seat cover image ?Please give some inputs on this one.
Imperial leather is very well known for art leather/leather seat covers. They do have a website and the phone number is given in their FB page as well. Take a look. They are very professional but charge 20-30% extra for that.
https://www.facebook.com/ImperialLeathers

Happy to see another Whitey here

Zest looks cool in White and I love the Corona rings[clap]

Happy to see good number of Zest Ownership review in TAI.

Good going TATA[drive]
Thanks Appu

Hi Lohith,
Did a bit of research on artificial leather seat covers. Just like to get your opinion on this. (I know that its been raining cats and dogs all over Bangalore from past few days) Does your seat cover heats up when left out in the sun? Lots of users have mentioned this issue in thread posted under team BHP. They have also added that the art leather tends to sag after few years and users find it difficult to remain in a comfortable seating position for long time.
Since I don't have a closed parking facility and my car is going to remain out in the sun for a considerable amount of time please do let me know your opinion on getting art leather covers installed. [confused]
Art leather under hot sun definitely becomes hotter. And you will sweat for sure. But for a city like Bengaluru it shouldn't last for a long time. The only alternative is fabric seat cover or pure leather. Pure leather will burn a hole in your pocket for sure. Nowhere less than 30/40k. The dealer has an art leather and fabric combo seat cover with Zest branded for Rs 6400. It looks decent. However I didn't like the fit, though not skin tight fit it fits decently. You can check out on a previously fit car.

Fantastic writeup Lohith, one of the most detailed ones on zest on the internet!
Ill keep looking forward to regular updates, wish you many many safe miles with your new whitey!
two whiteys on the forum now!
Thanks Marshall. That was a nice testament. If not for the limitation on 30 photos I would've liked to add few more.

True Concorde are not proactive as I told in the review. Have heard good about KHT and Prerana. They should be good for servicing. You have to carry service coupons for your free service and can be availed at any Tata service centres.
I say insist for the 4th coupon under Silver AMC which is free for everyone. I got the 4th coupon as well which can be used for 45k/3 year service.

Excellent report Lohith and once again heartiest congratulations on your ride.Finally its home.
Loved those two snaps of lights.Keep them coming.
As other member suggested would like to see that puddle lamp effect picture as well.Wishing you many happy miles with your zest and keep updating your thread.

Thread Starter #41
Excellent report Lohith and once again heartiest congratulations on your ride.Finally its home.
Loved those two snaps of lights.Keep them coming.
As other member suggested would like to see that puddle lamp effect picture as well.Wishing you many happy miles with your zest and keep updating your thread.
Thanks a lot Vijay.

Very Good Review Mr. don.lohith
Thanks a lot Madfish.

As promised here are the pictures of puddle lamp

IMG_20141030_181101.jpg

IMG_20141030_181130.jpg

The projection here is on the door sill

IMG_20141030_181159.jpg

I say insist for the 4th coupon under Silver AMC which is free for everyone. I got the 4th coupon as well which can be used for 45k/3 year service.
Don, Please share the pic of 4th Coupon. I remember 4th coupon was there with my Zest. But it was empty (no engine/ch. no.) and crossed with "Not valid for Zest". So the SA tore it away. I didn't bother as it was not having my engine/ch. no.

Thread Starter #43
Don, Please share the pic of 4th Coupon. I remember 4th coupon was there with my Zest. But it was empty (no engine/ch. no.) and crossed with "Not valid for Zest". So the SA tore it away. I didn't bother as it was not having my engine/ch. no.
Same with me as well. But the SA didn't tear it and mentioned it can be used for 45k service.

Thread Starter #45
Will upload the pic after reaching home. Its empty as told earlier. No engine/ch number. Its written "Not valid for Zest"

Top Bottom