Tata Zest XT Revotron: My Whitey, Pristine

Congrats Lohith.
I have some update about zest service. As per new president Mr. Mayank Pareek for passenger vehicle(earlier he worked for Maruti suzuki ), if customer complains about any issue they will log the issue in system and they should be rectified in 8 hours.
and this one has to accept by manager of service center.

Last edited by a moderator:
can we then take the issue of mud entering engine bay issue to the top level and get it resolved at tu he earliest. I have also booked blue XT revotron with Concorde Bangalore. but no clarity on when I may get the vehicle

great review buddy.
eagerly waiting for my revotron xt dune beige.
Spoke to my SA at autovikas Delhi on current status he says "the car is in transit". while this a good news to me however Iam bit conscious about the quotation/ booking confirmation given to me mentioning the price and other charges. The RC cost coated to me is Rs 39780/- at Gurgaon !
I surfed the info & found that at Gurgaon its 3% and at Delhi its 4%. talking to my SA on this he said that this amount also includes 5% VAT on the car as well as temporary regn cost.
May I ask you automotivans? is that the case? If No then, what I must do to cut down the extra charges?
any suggestion or comment on that please...
38k is 10k more than what I paid for delhi regn. Gurgaon regn should be lesser than delhi.

You can either go for delhi regn. or purchase from gurgaon dealer.

Congratulations don.lohith for your new possession. Wish you a trouble free ownership experience. The white color enhances the richness of the car. Please share your initial mileage figures. I also look to buy an XMS petrol. However, I am a bit worried about the mileage of the car. I test drove the car twice. I found a few problems in TD car which was 1900 kms driven.

1) The accelerator was making a noise like krrr... after slot in the first gear and releasing the clutch.
2) A noise like pulling a string was there while rotating the steering from the neutral position.
3) Gear lever vibration.
4) Instantaneous mileage never showed greater than 8.4 kmpl in city mode and 100% use of AC.

Have you noticed any of those problems initially? I hope not. I wish these problems are specific to the TD car only.

Congrats Lohith.
I have some update about zest service. As per new president Mr. Mayank Pareek for passenger vehicle(earlier he worked for Maruti suzuki ), if customer complains about any issue they will log the issue in system and they should be rectified in 8 hours. image and this one has to accept by manager of service center.
That is a real good news.

Thread Starter #22
Congrats Lohith for your Zest and Thanks for the nice writeup!
please let us know shop name if you wish as i am too looking for seat covers. :)
Same here Don. Please do let us know. 4.4K is good price.
Thanks a lot Uniquebee.
His name is Manjunath near Naveen Park 8147856585. Near Vijayanagar you have a big play ground called as New Public ground. It is opposite to the shop. You can ask for Sarvajna School to anybody near Vijayanagar and call him to get the exact address. It is on the main road. He gets it done from some one else and just fits it near his shop. You can quote my name and White Zest.

Congrats Lohith.
I have some update about zest service. As per new president Mr. Mayank Pareek for passenger vehicle(earlier he worked for Maruti suzuki ), if customer complains about any issue they will log the issue in system and they should be rectified in 8 hours. image and this one has to accept by manager of service center.
This is the thing needed for TML. If this comes true then TML can sure come to their lost 2nd spot in the passenger car segment.

can we then take the issue of mud entering engine bay issue to the top level and get it resolved at tu he earliest. I have also booked blue XT revotron with Concorde Bangalore. but no clarity on when I may get the vehicle
I have also told the SA about the mud issue. He is yet to come back.
Since you have opted for Blue, the delivery shouldn't be delayed. Start pulling your SA for the delivery date. Till then they are very calm. Also don't pay till your vehicle reaches the stockyard.

38k is 10k more than what I paid for delhi regn. Gurgaon regn should be lesser than delhi.

You can either go for delhi regn. or purchase from gurgaon dealer.
Yes that's huge compared to the Gurgaon region, check the rates from online and calculate for yourself. Check with SA if there is a disparity. It is 4-5% usually around Delhi.
Car Registration Charges in India. RTO Tax, Fees on New Car Purchase

Congratulations don.lohith for your new possession. Wish you a trouble free ownership experience. The white color enhances the richness of the car. Please share your initial mileage figures. I also look to buy an XMS petrol. However, I am a bit worried about the mileage of the car. I test drove the car twice. I found a few problems in TD car which was 1900 kms driven.

1) The accelerator was making a noise like krrr... after slot in the first gear and releasing the clutch.
2) A noise like pulling a string was there while rotating the steering from the neutral position.
3) Gear lever vibration.
4) Instantaneous mileage never showed greater than 8.4 kmpl in city mode and 100% use of AC.

Have you noticed any of those problems initially? I hope not. I wish these problems are specific to the TD car only.
No noise in the accelerator as you have seen.
Again no noise in the steering wheel as well. This is one of the best EPS units around.
Gear knob vibration is felt when you rest your hand in the extreme front/back positions after slotting the gear as if you are taking support on it. Have explained this in the ownership review as well.

With respect to mileage even I have also seen only 9-10 in city driving conditions. I am yet to take her on a highway. Since this is the run-in period mileage will be a bit less. It will improve after 1st service.

3) Gear lever vibration.

Below are my responses about your doubts:

1) Didn't here any noise from accelerator of my ZEST RT XT.
2) Experienced li'l bit of this at extreme end position of steering wheel.
3) Gear lever vibration occurs only if you push it 4-5 mm after sloting it. If you leave it there, no vibration.
4) Did you reset the trip meter before TD. If not, low mileage could be because of the existing KMs in the trip.

Thread Starter #25
Congrats Lohith.
What a car at this price.[clap]
Wish you a tons of happy miles ahead.
Keep us posted about your observations about the car.
This will help us a lot.
Thanks MotorRomeo, Definitely at this price Zest stands to the line "More car per car".

The feature list doesn't sound like a 6 lac car for sure. When I demoed the voice assist feature of AC/Fan speed/Radio etc all my friends were like Whatt ??
Audio quality for a 6 lac car is simply top notch. No comparison at all.

Below are my responses about your doubts:

1) Didn't here any noise from accelerator of my ZEST RT XT.
2) Experienced li'l bit of this at extreme end position of steering wheel.
3) Gear lever vibration occurs only if you push it 4-5 mm after sloting it. If you leave it there, no vibration.
4) Did you reset the trip meter before TD. If not, low mileage could be because of the existing KMs in the trip.

I expressed my concern about the mileage in the official facebook page of Tata Zest. The territory manager (West Bengal) called me and offered a mileage test. His offer was to fill the car upto autolock in front of me. Then I may drive the car for 30 to 40 kms and he will refill the car from the same fuel station upto autolock. So I can check the mileage with my driving habit. I was amazed with the offer and immediately accepted that. However, the actual scenario became different.

One SA from Lexus Motors, Kolkata came to my residence for the mileage test and told me that they already have filled the car in front of the territory manager. That was the first shock. The territory manager confirmed this to me over phone. I was allowed to drive for 10 kms only (the distance from my residence to the Lexus Motors showroom). Second shock. They now refilled the in front of me and the mileage was 10.43 kmpl with 100% AC, driven in city mode of a 1900 kms driven car. However, I do not know how the first 10 kms was driven.

The funny thing happened next. Third and the biggest shock. The SA asked me about the plans to get back to the residence. I was shocked. I told him that the TD was discussed to begin and end at my residence. But he simply denied. Then I call the territory manager again and now SA dropped me home.

Nobody asked to book the car, neither asked about the TD experience. I, personally, called the territory manager and told that I want to book the car. He forwarded my massage to the sales manager, Lexus Motors. The sales manager then called, heard my experience and told me that he will call me the next day. 12 days has already passed. No calls from anyone yet

I expressed my concern about the mileage in the official facebook page of Tata Zest. The territory manager (West Bengal) called me and offered a mileage test. His offer was to fill the car upto autolock in front of me. Then I may drive the car for 30 to 40 kms and he will refill the car from the same fuel station upto autolock. So I can check the mileage with my driving habit. I was amazed with the offer and immediately accepted that. However, the actual scenario became different.
Escalate this again on FB/Twitter.
Such instances spoil the Image of the company.
Must be reported.

Thanks MotorRomeo, Definitely at this price Zest stands to the line "More car per car".

The feature list doesn't sound like a 6 lac car for sure. When I demoed the voice assist feature of AC/Fan speed/Radio etc all my friends were like Whatt ??
Audio quality for a 6 lac car is simply top notch. No comparison at all.
Hey Lohith,

So what was the total OTR price after paying Rs 6740 extra ???

Escalate this again on FB/Twitter.
Such instances spoil the Image of the company.
Must be reported.
I have already posted this to the official FB page. The reply from Tata motors is
"We have escalated your complaint to the concerned team. They will get in touch with you shortly."

Lets see what happens.

Top Bottom