Tata Zest Review & Pictures: Zestful Endeavour

Congrats man on your new ride. I drive a diesel Zest and is now nearing 20k kms. Except for minor niggles this vehicle has amaze
Hi, I plan to buy Zest, butconcerned on the service part in TVM. Heard horror stories about Focus motors. Where do you service your car inTVM? How good is Trivandrum motors? (Your profile says your location as TVM. Hence the query).

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
@ontheroad am also planning to buy zest . Do trivandrum motors give good offers ?

I service my car at Kottayam focus motors , they are pretty good , if u r not satisfied they will take it seriously .

Hi, I would be buying from EKM, as Iam going for company leasing option. RF motors and Concorde gave me a better deal, when I asked them couple of months back.

Being year end and uncertainty in availability of good service centers in TVM forced me to postpone buying the car.

If I get good feedback about service centres in TVM, I will take a decision in couple of months.

Hi, I plan to buy Zest, butconcerned on the service part in TVM. Heard horror stories about Focus motors. Where do you service your car inTVM? How good is Trivandrum motors? (Your profile says your location as TVM. Hence the query).

Thanks.
I haven't been to Focuz and not sure on the horror stories. I guess most of the yellow sticker indicas and vistas do servicing from focuz. Most of my servicing was from Trivandrum motors and they are improving on the service front. But my pick would be Febin Motors which is Tata authorized service center in Kanjiramkulam which is in the outskirts (20kms from city limits). They offer vehicle pickup and drop to your door steps and very professional.

When i cotacted the dealer, they said 2017 model zest will come, only in March .
Presently they have only white colored Zest available .
If you are not particular about the colour and 2016 model then go for the car available. You can still bargain and get good discounts for last year model cars. However if you are in a hurry, look for other dealers - MK motors in Pathanamthitta or Concorde in EKM.

That means my 2014 Zest XT is structurally unsafe.The 4 star variant weigh around 80 kg more than the 0 star non airbag variant, that means there is significant improvement in vehicle structure as two airbags doesn't weigh 80 kg.
This is sad. It means by 2014 XMS version is unsafe like my dezire except for 2 airbags [frustration]

I think service varies, I bought mine from Guindy and doing regular service from ECR (Chennai), i cannot accept anything more, they really made sure i am happy at the end, they always went ahead (above their process) to rectify my issue.
Hence, i will give 5 start to TASS

@Metalhead, Madhaiyan, Rajesh Naik - were you guys able to figure out the root cause of power loss. My 2 year Zest XMS RT is also facing the same issue. I got fuel pump replaced last month and didn't face the issue for some time but it has occured again. So not sure how to get it resolved since the TATA mechanics are basically clueless and just reset the ECU.

This is my first post in this forum. [:)]

I own a Zest Revotron XT which completed 5K kms today. Purchased the same in December 2016.

Apart from 2 issues (1 is disturbing me now after reading posts by many owners related to the same) it has been quite a good experience with the vehicle. Touchwood!

Last week i noticed water seeping into the spare tyre area and raised a complain on the TMSC app. The response was quick from Fortune cars and they requested me to get the vehicle for inspection. Took it last saturday at Nerul, and they did a water test and found the source from where the water was seeping it. It was from the tail light section where the sealant had gone bad. Sealant applied and the issue was fixed. Need to notice the issue after doing a wash again.

The second issue is the infamous power loss issue. Today after driving around 15 kms, I suddenly noticed loss in power when the vehicle was in 4th gear. Some lights on the dashboard flickered for 1 second, couldn't check which ones they were. I tried engaging into 3rd but no luck. Quickly moved to neutral for 10 seconds as there was enough speed for the vehicle to be moving. Then tried going into 4th gear and the vehicle was back to normalcy. Called up the Service Advisor, and he said nothing to worry (a standard reply from the advisors). [frustration]
I was driving in Eco mode with AC in Auto Mode and the MID displayed the temperature of 39 (Thanks to early summers in Mumbai).

If anyone comes across the reason for this then please do keep this thread updated.

Thanks a lot TAI for this forum.

quick question: does your car mirror say - objects in the mirror are closer than they appear

I dont remember mine and now after service, i felt something strange with my mirrors. Was wondering if they replaced it with duplicate one[surprise]
Mine too don't have these wordings on them. I also find the mirrors on my Zest a little too delicate :stupid: It feels like very thin glass sheet, not sure if it's with all the Zest's though.

My Black Pearl is 10 months old now! The ODO reads 3700 km and driving has been limited due to work. But she has been a gem till now. She has been pretty much niggle free. The power loss issue- yes I have experienced it once. I was going to Kolaghat from Kolkata and while entering the second Hooghly Bridge, I suddenly felt the loss in power. The car was in the 5th gear and well above 60 km/hour. Suddenly the gas pedal stopped responding and I could see the revs falling in the tacho. I downshifted to 4th and then 3rd but the car didn't respond. It was only after shifting to 2nd that the power was back. I was a bit unsure whether to continue with the trip because there was a lot of driving ahead. I went ahead and the car behaved perfectly after that running for almost 150 kms. There were no warning lights when this happened. The second service is due in a couple of months and will report the incident to the SC then.

This is my first post in this forum. [:)]

The second issue is the infamous power loss issue. Today after driving around 15 kms, I suddenly noticed loss in power when the vehicle was in 4th gear. Some lights on the dashboard flickered for 1 second, couldn't check which ones they were. I tried engaging into 3rd but no luck. Quickly moved to neutral for 10 seconds as there was enough speed for the vehicle to be moving. Then tried going into 4th gear and the vehicle was back to normalcy. Called up the Service Advisor, and he said nothing to worry (a standard reply from the advisors). [frustration]
I was driving in Eco mode with AC in Auto Mode and the MID displayed the temperature of 39 (Thanks to early summers in Mumbai).
Check my post. Got the same issue and under similar conditions! No lights on instrument cluster though.

Guys,

Any info on the new updated Zest? In many threads across forums there is news about the updated Zest. But none give a precise info on when it will be launched. If anyone got inside info, please share.

bhvm

Honoured Member
My Black Pearl is 10 months old now! The ODO reads 3700 km and driving has been limited due to work. But she has been a gem till now. She has been pretty much niggle free. The power loss issue- yes I have experienced it once. I was going to Kolaghat from Kolkata and while entering the second Hooghly Bridge, I suddenly felt the loss in power. The car was in the 5th gear and well above 60 km/hour. Suddenly the gas pedal stopped responding and I could see the revs falling in the tacho. I downshifted to 4th and then 3rd but the car didn't respond. It was only after shifting to 2nd that the power was back. I was a bit unsure whether to continue with the trip because there was a lot of driving ahead. I went ahead and the car behaved perfectly after that running for almost 150 kms. There were no warning lights when this happened. The second service is due in a couple of months and will report the incident to the SC then.
This issue is quite Fatal!
Say you were overtaking on Single road and you want to pass the vehicles in a narrow window of time?
This should be escalated with TATA immidately.

Top Bottom