Tata Zest Review & Pictures: Zestful Endeavour

Atlast, brought my Black Pearl home yesterday! She is lovely.

Here are some snaps of my father taking the delivery.

IMG-20160604-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20160604-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20160604-WA0006.jpg

Drove my beauty back home. The drive was great. The noise levels and the ride quality were the most impressive. The distance back home was around 35 kms, mainly in city traffic. Tried out the different modes, but used City mode for maximum. It was a satisfying first drive. Also kept the AC on 100% in eco. At the end of the trip, the average FE meter showed 15.6 kpl.

It's an impressive start by the Black Pearl! [;)][:D]

Atlast, brought my Black Pearl home yesterday! She is lovely.
Congrats on your black pearl. Enjoy your ride and drive safe.
BTW...same pinch[lol]

Thank you Akash for the clarity. Its true that I felt for the dealer trap even though I knew deep down that they are just a pressure tactics. Thank you again now I can peacefully take decision.
No need to worry buddy. Go to your dealer and tell him to handover the invoice that is on your name. I am sure he will not agree. Tell him that you are going to take this with tata motors about the refund. Tata are really strict on dealers now a days. I am sure dealer will refund your full amount.

Last edited by a moderator:
what happen to this thread? no update.. its been 2 years Zest got launched and happy to see such a lively thread.
Recently I am noticing that when i switch off / switch on my Zest, the vibration is quite distinct. I could feel when seated. Will analyze it couple of months and will take it forward to the ASS

Tata Motors has started calling Zest diesel (90ps) owners for replacement of catalytic converters. They are claiming that this will improve the efficiency but in reality it should be something to do with the emissions. I am yet to receive any call but few other owners in North Kerala has started getting calls for replacing this.

Tata Motors has started calling Zest diesel (90ps) owners for replacement of catalytic converters. They are claiming that this will improve the efficiency but in reality it should be something to do with the emissions. I am yet to receive any call but few other owners in North Kerala has started getting calls for replacing this.
Oh that is a complete new news to me. If they are replacing catalytic converters, then it has to do with emission but it also does impact the efficiency. Let me wait for my call [confused]

zest has crossed 4500 kms mark. my only concern as of now is the pulling to the right. This would be the 3rd time I will be visiting the service centre for wheel alignment.

I am attaching pics of all 4 tyres, I am not able to make out but is there any uneven wear and tear to the tyres due to improper wheel alignment ?

IMG_20160614_170542.jpg

IMG_20160614_170555.jpg

IMG_20160614_170609.jpg

IMG_20160614_170618.jpg

IMG_20160614_170631.jpg

IMG_20160614_170641.jpg

IMG_20160614_170645.jpg

i dont understand, i believe testing wheel alignment is pretty simple right? you drive at normal speed and leave the steering but why TATA ASS is not able to fix it.
if ASS know the issue and not able to fix it and if it fixed by a reputed wheel aligning center, get your bill refuned by them. I will sure fight for it

The first time I faced the issue, they did wheel alignment and I drove on highways at triple digit speeds. The roads I travelled were also good. The second time I faced the issue they told me to do test drive. I said pulling is still there, so the switched the tyres and told me to do test drive.

I drove and said that issue is still there. They said that they have calibrated and done the alignment, if the issue is still there I can bring it to them.

The switching of tyres has made me more uncomfortable. while taking right turns in colony roads I feel the car is not the way it was before and there is a pulling to the right when I am driving on straight open roads.

I have gold amc covered and they didn't charge me for the wheel alignment when I went for the second time. They are telling that I must have a hit a pothole at very high speed and that's why this is happening. I am not sure if that has happened or that is really the reason for my multiple visits.

Was driving near the metro construction site in Noida. Suddenly a spray of some transparent liquid was all over the windscreen. Thinking that it could be water from the car I was following, I turned on wipers with water jet. But the spray of liquid was still their. In fact small drops spread out a little due to wiper's movement over them.
I have tried cleaning it using hot water, thinner, stain remover, but in vain.
Can anyone help me out? I don't even know what it is[frustration]
See the pics:

Attachments

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Was driving near the metro construction site in Noida. Suddenly a spray of some transparent liquid was all over the windscreen. Thinking that it could be water from the car I was following, I turned on wipers with water jet. But the spray of liquid was still their. In fact small drops spread out a little due to wiper's movement over them.
I have tried cleaning it using hot water, thinner, stain remover, but in vain.
Can anyone help me out?
Did you try COLIN Spray with a Newspaper? The spots probably are caused by wet mud or wet cement spray! My Esteem also got similar sort of stains on rear windshield but my driver used Colin with newspaper and it all vanished. Then he rubbed a bit of Alcohol and it was all crystal clear.

Regards

Akash

Anyone got any info on facelift of Zest planned in immediate future? Iam planning to buy AMT version, but not having creep mode is a concern. If TML is planning to launch a facelift, due to the impending festival season, I don't want to miss it.

This is general problem with Zest RT.

1) After initial movement of vehicle, till 1500 rpm, the speed increases gradually. Till then the engine will be smooth. Once it crosses 1500rpm, the vehicle suffers till 1750rpm and vehicle suffers from power loss called turbo lag. Once you cross 1750 rpm, the turbo opens and vehicle zooms ahead.

2) But if rpm falls below 1750 rpm, even at higher speeds, the turbo closes and the vehicle speed reduces drastically. Our fear increases as if vehicle is going to stall...

These i watched in my Zest. If you're smart driver, maintain 1500rpm in city limits. Don't let turbo open, else you will struggle with vehicle. But maintain 2000rpm to 2250 rpm in highways. Both will get you good mileage.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom