Tata Xenon 4x4 Road Test Drive Review

Re: Tata Xenon 4x4 Road Test Review

Thanks a lot Mastersquall for your Real Life feedback.

It encourages me to go some day with my childhood dream of 4x4, with reachable territory. Otherwise it may only remain dream because full-time 4x4s cost double.

I am also scared of the technical limitations of a part time 4x4 (locked central diff),& hence I doubted it's real world usage. And your writeup have given me
enough boost to restart dreaming.

Still a question : Can I use 4H/4L of a part time 4x4 on a windy tarmac under heavy rain?

Experts Please!

Regards...
Any update did you brought it if yes please pic

Re: Tata Xenon 4x4 Road Test Review

Hi mastersquall,

Sorry for the long gap.

It is still not in my hands yet. Expecting it within next month.

Regards,

ROY

Tata Xenon ute crashes to two safety stars

Tata Xenon ute crashes to two safety stars!
Tata’s Indian-made Xenon ute has been awarded a lowly two-star crash safety rating by the Australasian New Cars Assessment Program (ANCAP),
source: LINK

hmmm,

Poor 2 stars yes. BUT the reason: "ANCAP said the Xenon “performed fairly well” in the frontal offset crash test, but the omission of ESC and side or curtain airbags (only twin front airbags are fitted) limited its score to just two stars."

Interestingly TATAs score is close to Toyota Hilux and better than Nissan Navara and Mitsubishi Triton. Hence structurally its good for 4 stars. Omission of electronics did not help.

Hi Guys, Its been a long time since i've been active here. I have recently bought a Tata Xenon CC 4*4 . its a head turner for sure and i use it only on weekends and not to work...
oh wow, one of the very few who own a xenon. Do post pictures of your ride and would be a good idea to start an ownership thread.

is it TATA XENON XT is it a 2.2 dicor if yes man i love its stance. butch looks. a Lifestyle Truck. congratulations bro wish you many many happy miles on the truck. do start a ownership thread will subscribe to it. its a drool worthy truck anygiven day[:D]

Thx vikyjoshi n incarnation. Yes, it's a cool looker. But the 3L Dicor is noisy. I did a few mods. Aka.. 265/70/15 tyres, steel wheels, leather, high end ICE, bedliner, side step, ARB suspension (3-4" raise !!) etc..

It's been almost 2 months and it's got only 1k on the odo.. Going for a outstation trip this weekend.. Shall post pics.

Thx vikyjoshi n incarnation. Yes, it's a cool looker. But the 3L Dicor is noisy. I did a few mods. Aka.. 265/70/15 tyres, steel wheels, leather, high end ICE, bedliner, side step, ARB suspension (3-4" raise !!) etc..

It's been almost 2 months and it's got only 1k on the odo.. Going for a outstation trip this weekend.. Shall post pics.
Dont know what the color of your beast is. However, you can get great ideas if you look at the Xenon tuff truck concept. Its is one hell of a looking off roader and i can go to the extent saying the best looking beast in the world.
here is the link for the same http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...076-brawny-tata-xenon-tuff-truck-concept.html

Last edited:
Hi , Posting a pic of my car below

Can anyone suggest a few stickers/graffiti? the car looks bland compared to my friends scorpio getaway ( that has lot of stickers on the side and back.

IMG_3859.jpg

DSC_0984.jpg

DSC_0981.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
did you downsize the wheels because as much as i know xenon come with 16" rubbers. the side step looks good how much did you pay for it.

as you have increased the ground clearance my feel is you should have gone for bigger tires instead of downsizing them.

is there any specific reason for downsizing any advantages please let us know.

also wanted to know whether yours is a 4x4 or is it just a sticker if yes pls share the cost of 4x4 3.0 l Dicor

Last edited:

Top Bottom