Tata Vista QJD Ownership Review: Brand New Sedan Class

Don't try too hard, Heater plugs may get break. It is a common problem in 1.3 MJD engines.

Have seen couple of Swift, one Ritz and a Punto with head open because of Heater plug broken.
if it is still hard, just leave it, it will not cause any harm to engine, except check engine light on console.

I'm driving with one faulty glow plugs for more than 50K kms, not faced any issues so far. Glow plugs will use be useful only when staring the car, especially during cold climate. if the car starts normally, that is more than fine.
Appu sir thanks.for your experience noted but engine check light illuminated this is no problem ?

Thread Starter #1,133
Here is the Update.

on APR 13 2022, we sold our beloved Vista with 2,48,***Kms.

For me, my Vista did its job well and good. in these 10yrs, 2,48,000Kms. it never left me standard at anytime.

Tons of happy Family trips, Solo trips, marriage functions, Our family Kids first ride and lot more. None from our Family will forget Vista and the memories we had with it.

Thread Starter #1,135
Hey Vinoth,

Good to see you after long time and sad to know that you had sold off your Vista and, btw, which car did you replace the Vista with? Even we too sold off our Innova a week after you sold off your Vista.

Regards,
Abhinav
Vista handover its highway run duty to Skoda Rapid in 2019 and did a city runabout for past 3+ Yrs.

Due to some minor accident dad needed an Automatic car for city run, so we bought a 21K kms ran Used I10 Automatic and it replaced Vista :(.

Don't try too hard, Heater plugs may get break. It is a common problem in 1.3 MJD engines.

Have seen couple of Swift, one Ritz and a Punto with head open because of Heater plug broken.
if it is still hard, just leave it, it will not cause any harm to engine, except check engine light on console.

I'm driving with one faulty glow plugs for more than 50K kms, not faced any issues so far. Glow plugs will use be useful only when staring the car, especially during cold climate. if the car starts normally, that is more than fine.
I am also facing glow plug issue in my Swift Dzire, Mechanic said all 4 plugs need o be changed but the car starts in single crank and I see light on console sometimes and it goes away itself. So far no starting issues faced due to glow plugs. The battery was of local brand so changed to Amaron Battery now.

Thread Starter #1,137
I am also facing glow plug issue in my Swift Dzire, Mechanic said all 4 plugs need o be changed but the car starts in single crank and I see light on console sometimes and it goes away itself. So far no starting issues faced due to glow plugs. The battery was of local brand so changed to Amaron Battery now.
Glow plug sign in QJD/MJD/DDIS is very common. if we try to remove it, there may be a changes of damaging it, so most people avoid replacing it, till the car cranks well and good.

Top Bottom