Tata Venture Review & Pictures

Thread Starter #16
Re: Tata Venture Exclusive Road Test Review

Great report and pictures Akash! Even i feel the Venture is going to be a hit in this segment. But they should have provided disc brakes and ABS atleast in the top-end variant.
I was never expecting ABS in Venture, but the absence of disc brakes was higly disappointing. God knows why Tata skipped disc brakes!

BTW that bull bar in the front is spoiling the looks of the van!
That isnt a standard accessory, that was installed by the showroom guys.

Fabulous to see the write-up supported by photographs. Congratulations to the TAI team on this beautiful review. [clap]

Now onto the van being reviewed.

Things i loved:

1. The large windscreen,

2. Butterfly wipers - a good thing

3. Attention to fit & finish

4. Reverse-guide system on the top end

5. Flush-windows - they lift up the flat side-profile considerably

Things i loathe:

1. Poor instrument cluster

2. Crash-bar (a popular option with dealers & customers, but still)

3. Rear end design - it's as if the Tata guys took whatever creases & lines were leftover from the parts bin and put them together

Noticeable mention: The absense of a RHS door for the passengers. Necessary in a country like ours, where people absent-mindedly get off on the wrong side and into the path of on-coming traffic. Its a great step towards improving safety in the tourist segment, where this vehicle is targeted.

Cheers :)

p.s. is it just me or does it have some hints of the MB140 Van :D

Thanks Everyone!

Yeah Venture is definitely going to be the next Indica which will redefine sales history of TATA motors!!

And absolutely Girish. I even loved the move of RHS door absence. Its greater move from TATA, but at times, incase of some emergency the same move goes wrong :)

And your cues on MB140. I can say Winger as MB 140, but Venture has got more style statement :)

Last edited:

Yet another good people mover from Tata Motors. Kudos to their effort!

Bu, drum brakes in the front too? Sounds a little weird.

A great report Akash! [clap]

Excellent report & pics Akash. [clap]

This van is another winner from Tata in Commercial segment.
Venture will even attract buyers for personal use who have a big family. [thumbsup]

I have seen Venture on roads & the height of this van worries me. Just hope that it doesn't roll over at high speed corners.

Thread Starter #21

Yeah Venture is definitely going to be the next Indica which will redefine sales history of TATA motors!!
Spot on. I am sure about the Venture's success in commercial segment.

This van is another winner from Tata in Commercial segment.
Venture will even attract buyers for personal use who have a big family. [thumbsup]

I have seen Venture on roads & the height of this van worries me. Just hope that it doesn't roll over at high speed corners.
Venture does have some amount of body roll but it is way lesser than Eeco and Omni.

A great report Akash! [clap]
Excellent report & pics Akash. [clap]

Thank you all.

I even loved the move of RHS door absence. Its greater move from TATA, but at times, incase of some emergency the same move goes wrong :)
@Zinam, You've given me something to think about. Maybe we can even have a separate discussion on the pros & cons of omitting the door on the RHS of commercial passenger vehicles like the Venture. What say?

Bu, drum brakes in the front too? Sounds a little weird.
@HoLySaTan,
I agree, if they can have a reverse guide system, how much of a difference in costs would a a switch over to discs be...

Venture does have some amount of body roll but it is way lesser than Eeco and Omni.
@Knightrider, Akash is right. If the Eeco & the Omni could survive on our streets, the Venture should do just fine imo.

Here's wishing TATA all the very best with this promising new vehicle [thumbsup]

Cheers :)

Thread Starter #23

@Zinam, You've given me something to think about. Maybe we can even have a separate discussion on the pros & cons of omitting the door on the RHS of commercial passenger vehicles like the Venture. What say?
Feel free to start one.

@HoLySaTan,
I agree, if they can have a reverse guide system, how much of a difference in costs would a a switch over to discs be...

I think Tata will definitely come out with an improvised version of Venture which will have all the flaws rectified in it. Manufacturers generally do that with their newer models based on the customer feedback.

Price details are already given in this post

Anways here you go..

CX: Rs. 4,09,266
EX: Rs. 4,60,140
GX: Rs. 5,11,015

* Ex Showroom Delhi

350Z

Core Team

Except for appreciating this review, I do not have much to say here. Venture is the real spot on product from Tata Motors. Though I still believe that this car has entered somewhat quietly, and it is the time Tata should not keep the things lightly. All in all, I like the way Tata is now moving ahead with their latest range of products. This is just what the latest trend demands for. Now, with acquisition of Jaguar and Land Rover, their repute is bound to increase but whether it remains maintained or not depends ultimately on professionalism that this company would offer.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hi!
How much would it cost to add disk brakes?-is that possible without losing the warranty?
What would explain the lack of advertising for this product?

Thread Starter #28

Hi!
How much would it cost to add disk brakes?-is that possible without losing the warranty?
What would explain the lack of advertising for this product?
Hi tdcarlover,

Welcome to The Automotive India.
Although the absence of disc brakes is disappointing, but still the braking is not adverse. Hopefully, Tata will get an improvised version of this van soon which may have the front disc brakes.
As for Addition of disc brakes to the current vehicle, yes it is definitely possible however i wont recommend after market fitment of crucial mechanicals like Discs, ABS, Airbags etc which not only cost a bomb but also carry a doubt of efficiency with them.

Dear Akash
Thanks for that informative reply-i own an Indica Vista TDI aqua-and i was wondering if the Venture would be a good cost effective upgrade-mostly for the extra space.
Perhaps i should wait for the V2 version!
Thanks again
:-)

Thread Starter #30

Dear Akash
Thanks for that informative reply-i own an Indica Vista TDI aqua-and i was wondering if the Venture would be a good cost effective upgrade-mostly for the extra space.
Perhaps i should wait for the V2 version!
Thanks again
:-)
Venture is a spacious MPV, however its drive is nothing when compared to Vista.
I would suggest you to wait for the New Indica which will hit the markets this month.

Top Bottom