Tata Venture Review & Pictures

Re: Tata Venture Exclusive Road Test Drive Review

Tata Venture Special Offer | Hatchback India | Best New MPV - Tata Motors

Tata seem to have given tbe venture a quiet upgrade. The website men tions 4 or 5 good points which all make sense except it is still bs3!
The prices also seem reduced and the variants increased mainly due to options of 7 captain seats.
The problem though is how will anyone know if the model sold has the mechanical upgrades actually done!
Wish TML would atleast advertise these changes as perhaps V 1.5?
The features or points mentioned in the website is not clear, what are they trying to convey here? Nor i don't see any solid instance which enhances this vehicle's betterment.

Fyi there are no captain seats offered in the venture yet.

Well this is from the Venture website-they have an option with 7captain seats!-look in the price section and you will see the variants-well according to the Website-you may be right Vishwas this may be a future plan!
As for the improvements-well,they seem to have in paper atleast addressed some gripes of the Venture-its power, stability,tire life, NVH..; long way to go however to make it sell any better!
After the recent NCAP debacle of our Hatches i think the Venture will score minus marks on this score-no option of ABS, Airbags even as options :-(
"
  • Cool Cabin Technology with 4 Layers of Insulation ensuring optimal AC cooling.
  • Drive Easy Technology that reduces Clutch Effort and provides easy gear shifting with precise gear slotting.
  • Stability Technology that maintains high speed stability at cornering and keeps traction during uphill driving and on loose gravel.
  • Engine Duro Technology that has improved engine cooling performance, deeper first gear ratio & better traction for effective driving on hilly slopes
  • Improved tyre life of 40,000 Km.
  • Better clutch life & enhanced starter motor life reducing maintenance costs
  • Availability of low assured maintenance of 0.42 per km*
  • Addition of attractive new colours
"

Attachments

Last edited:

Well this is from the Venture website-they have an option with 7captain seats!-look in the price section and you will see the variants-well according to the Website-you may be right Vishwas this may be a future plan!
As for the improvements-well,they seem to have in paper atleast addressed some gripes of the Venture-its power, stability,tire life, NVH..; long way to go however to make it sell any better!
After the recent NCAP debacle of our Hatches i think the Venture will score minus marks on this score-no option of ABS, Airbags even as options :-(
Tired of waiting for these futuristic plans of Tata with Venture. ABS and Airbags are not really necessary for a van which merely makes 35bhp (power to weight ratio)

[*]Cool Cabin Technology with 4 Layers of Insulation ensuring optimal AC cooling.
Agree to this.

[*]Drive Easy Technology that reduces Clutch Effort and provides easy gear shifting with precise gear slotting.
What's the idea behind it? Have they made any mechanical changes yet? If yes why not plan to put CR-4 instead?

[*]Stability Technology that maintains high speed stability at cornering and keeps traction during uphill driving and on loose gravel.
The car has huge enough to gobble the bumps and pot-holes. Not necessary

[*]Engine Duro Technology that has improved engine cooling performance, deeper first gear ratio & better traction for effective driving on hilly slopes
Quite skeptical on this.

[*]Improved tyre life of 40,000 Km.
Which means that we customers should take whatever they throw?

[*]Better clutch life & enhanced starter motor life reducing maintenance costs
Need a solid proof for what's happening inside

[*]Availability of low assured maintenance of 0.42 per km*
Won't happen unless Tata starts caring about it's cars.

[*]Addition of attractive new colours
[roll]

The above lines seems like there are some unskilled fools from TML (Marketing side ) are uploaded in the website.

[:)] check out the other Venture thread on the Angkot variant for indonesia! Perhaps traffic moves slowwwly there!

Check out the images of the Venture from the Indonesian TML website:Product-Super ACE | Tata Motors
My pet peeve: safety: Meets international safety norms "-not sure which ones!
That's a paid review! No way its safer. BTW im still confused how the puny engine pulls the whole van. Heard it got pre-orders, let us wait and watch.

That's a paid review! No way its safer. BTW im still confused how the puny engine pulls the whole van. Heard it got pre-orders, let us wait and watch.
Paid review??? That link is not about any review or news but Tata Motors website.

Puny Engine ???
Mahindra Tourister 16 seater minibus is with 70 HP engine and 25 seater is with 80 HP engine.
Ashok Leyland Comet tipper with GVW of 15660 kg is fitted with a 110 PS engine generating 38 kgm torque.

Should not compare engines of modern cars with those of commercial vehicles.

Even in cars, Ambassador Diesel engine 1.5 L generates 36 HP and one with
2 L engine has an output of 50 HP for such a heavy car. Still taxis are plying with passengers much more than seating capacity.

Puny Engine ???
Mahindra Tourister 16 seater minibus is with 70 HP engine and 25 seater is with 80 HP engine.
Ashok Leyland Comet tipper with GVW of 15660 kg is fitted with a 110 PS engine generating 38 kgm torque.
Would re-phrase my words, the engine isn't puny, but it has to loose much power pulling a 2 ton box.

Should not compare engines of modern cars with those of commercial vehicles.
Sorry to say Venture looks modern only design wise.

Even in cars, Ambassador Diesel engine 1.5 L generates 36 HP and one with
2 L engine has an output of 50 HP for such a heavy car. Still taxis are plying with passengers much more than seating capacity.
Please give me the reason why this car(Venture) though being in lesser price bracket isn't sold well? I who was a buyer of the car rejected only because of the power output it had(So does the cabbies tell here), and to be frank , i still need power in my enjoy for overtaking (An MJD which makes 75 bhp). And i had a deal with the SA at where he offered 80000 off straight away from OTR.

How Safe Are Indonesia
Looks like soon all TML cars in Indonesia and ASEAN will have to comply with the upcoming ASEAN NCAP. Sad that Indian NCAP has to lag behind almost all countries in the world! Soon we will be the most unsafe place to drive on!

With the monthly sales now less than 100/ month the Venture's future is on a sticky wicket. Called TML for a test drive-seems it is not available in many places for TD!
Perhaps together with the Super Ace overall sales still profitable? Perhaps its in for a update-wishful thinking i guess

At long last the CR4 makes its way into the Super Ace "http://indianautosblog.com/2014/10/tata-super-ace-mint-1-4-liter-dicor-engine-showcased-152831"
I hope ..

Thank you for the review. A friend of mine wanted to buy for his office purpose but is still not sure if he should go for it. The after sales pays a lot of importance and we all know how Tata Motors is when it comes to service.
Which other car would you guys suggest in the same segment?

In TN the Dost from Ashok Leyland seems a popular choice to the Super ace-seems more rugged
Not sure of the after sales.

Tata Super Ace Mint

Well with the official launch of the super-ace CR4 " Mint" , hope TML see reason and upgrade the Venture to CR4.. i guess sales of the Super-ace and Venture together must be worthwhile for TML..Some of the Super-ace have beautiful pain jobs

Last edited:

Top Bottom