Tata Tigor XT Diesel [2017] Copper Dazzle: An Unbeatable Workhorse

Thread Starter #16
Ok, so assuming that they know the job well. From my knowledge, flushing is done, by adding the flush fluid, then draining out the same fluid out. Again adding the flush fluid, then idling the engine a bit and then flushing it out, then topping up with oil. (I am not sure, but I am confident that, there will be a slight idling, so as to circulate the fluid along the components). Was this done?
Yes as far as I remember the service advisor talked something about adding the flush fluid and idling the vehicle, so I guess it was done. Because during last major service, when they took my car in, after a few hours, I asked service advisor to do the engine oil flush, so he replied that "sir the car is already on the bay and the oil had already been drained".

Another thing is when I gave my car for servicing my car already had Liqui Moly super diesel additive in my fuel tank.

Thread Starter #17
These days the roads in Panvel have become really bad, infact the Sion panvel highway too has craters and then at the Kalamboli signal due to the heavy vehicles traffice these craters are of next level. Yeah off roading experience on Highway.
Absolutely, infact Kharghar has terrrible roads, and the road to my workplace is a rural road with terrible craters where even SUV's shy away. Add to these the rumbler strips on highways which are ready to loosen every nut and bolt in the vehicles.

Thread Starter #20
@Kumar_CarFreak never did I feel that the car ran out of breath, yes with the boot fully filled and 5 passengers the engine surely feels strained especially on ghats, but then working up the gears rightly does the party trick. Best part is there is no turbo lag. Power band is just between 2-3 k rpm above 3.5k rpm its just no use. One issue is there is a blank spot between the 3rd and 2nd gear, 1st and 2nd gears are very low ratio for good pickup of this heavy beast, 3rd gear onwards the gear ratios are tall. So when in ghats when im on a steep incline and say in 2nd gear my engine revvs to 3k rpm and speed goes up to 30-35 kmph, no I slot into 3rd gear based on momentum, rpm drops to 1200-1500, entire engine fails to pull, I have to slot It into 2nd revv it all the way to 4krpm, at around 40kmph, then quickly slot into 3rd gear slip the clutch and release clutch when rpm is above 2krpm, thats when it pulls in 3rd gear. This happens only in very very steep inclines, the blank spot will never be evident to a person who has not driven on single lane ghats.
One more thing, keep the car in 2k rpm band i.e. 80 kmph it gives awesome mileage, 22-25 kmpl with ac. Once the car goes to 2500rpm that is 100 kmph mileage drops to 18-20 kmpl. Tata said that 3 cylinder engine is fuel efficient hence plonked in small cars, this is all a gimmic, believe me Nexon 1.5 diesel is more fuel efficient as it has to work less to pull the weight, where as 1.05 diesel on Tigor has to pull almost 1.5 tonnes when fully occupied, it pulls but mileage drops, Tata should have kept the 1.5 diesel standard across all cars.

@Kumar_CarFreak never did I feel that the car ran out of breath, yes with the boot fully filled and 5 passengers the engine surely feels strained especially on ghats, but then working up the gears rightly does the party trick. Best part is there is no turbo lag. Power band is just between 2-3 k rpm above 3.5k rpm its just no use. One issue is there is a blank spot between the 3rd and 2nd gear, 1st and 2nd gears are very low ratio for good pickup of this heavy beast, 3rd gear onwards the gear ratios are tall. So when in ghats when im on a steep incline and say in 2nd gear my engine revvs to 3k rpm and speed goes up to 30-35 kmph, no I slot into 3rd gear based on momentum, rpm drops to 1200-1500, entire engine fails to pull, I have to slot It into 2nd revv it all the way to 4krpm, at around 40kmph, then quickly slot into 3rd gear slip the clutch and release clutch when rpm is above 2krpm, thats when it pulls in 3rd gear. This happens only in very very steep inclines, the blank spot will never be evident to a person who has not driven on single lane ghats.
One more thing, keep the car in 2k rpm band i.e. 80 kmph it gives awesome mileage, 22-25 kmpl with ac. Once the car goes to 2500rpm that is 100 kmph mileage drops to 18-20 kmpl. Tata said that 3 cylinder engine is fuel efficient hence plonked in small cars, this is all a gimmic, believe me Nexon 1.5 diesel is more fuel efficient as it has to work less to pull the weight, where as 1.05 diesel on Tigor has to pull almost 1.5 tonnes when fully occupied, it pulls but mileage drops, Tata should have kept the 1.5 diesel standard across all cars.
Yes you're right. 1.5L is effortless in pulling. Good for NEXON D and Altroz D. Expect TATA to plonk the same D engine into Punch as well.

Thread Starter #22
My tigor has covered 68000km today, while checking the engine bay saw some oil marks at two places one is on the left side of engine head and block joint other is where the hose from intercooler meets the turbocharger, can this be signs of something bad? is this typical with ageing of diesel engines?
Screenshot_2022-03-06-11-39-10-67.jpg

Top Bottom