Tata Tigor: Technical Issues & Solutions

Hello Guys

This is my first time to publish my review in The Automotive India.
I own an Tigor Buzz - Petrol 2018 model. Happy that i bought Indian Product on the other side having lot of issues.

1. Fuel Pump - within 6 month car halted on highway with heavy bumping due to fuel pump failure. under warranty fuel pump is replace. Now new problem is on cold start car itself jerks to move even on CITY mode. (unable to attach Video)
  2. Gear Shifting Assembly - 1st snap within one year the gear shifting is broken and while driving gear stuck in 3rd gear. With help of local mechanic he strapped with binding wire for time being.
  3. AC water leaking - after certain time of AC usage water starts dripping
  4. Steering Noise - Even after replacing total steering assembly i have this rattling noise while on gravel, rough etc. roads.
  5. Steering Alignment - Never to center. lot of alignment work is done but the steering is tilted to either of the sides
  6. Rusting - within one year observed rusting below the door panels, rear end beneath roof liner, beneath tail lamps, in the gap of wind shield and lot many places
  7. Roof Beading - Roof top beading is freely hanging at rear end
  8. Water Leak - during rain water is entering/ leaking from front door panels. it took almost 30 days to dry bottom thick wool.
  9. Rubber Beading - very poor quality rubber beadings on all doors
  10. Mileage - i always fill the tank and note the Odo reading to measure mileage. 13-17 Kmpl is the efficiency i am receiving
Any suggestion to overcome this issues.

Attachments

Last edited:
Hello Guys

This is my first time to publish my review in The Automotive India.
I own an Tigor Buzz - Petrol 2018 model. Happy that i bought Indian Product on the other side having lot of issues.

1. Fuel Pump - within 6 month car halted on highway with heavy bumping due to fuel pump failure. under warranty fuel pump is replace. Now new problem is on cold start car itself jerks to move even on CITY mode. (unable to attach Video)
  2. Gear Shifting Assembly - 1st snap within one year the gear shifting is broken and while driving gear stuck in 3rd gear. With help of local mechanic he strapped with binding wire for time being.
  3. AC water leaking - after certain time of AC usage water starts dripping
  4. Steering Noise - Even after replacing total steering assembly i have this rattling noise while on gravel, rough etc. roads.
  5. Steering Alignment - Never to center. lot of alignment work is done but the steering is tilted to either of the sides
  6. Rusting - within one year observed rusting below the door panels, rear end beneath roof liner, beneath tail lamps, in the gap of wind shield and lot many places
  7. Roof Beading - Roof top beading is freely hanging at rear end
  8. Water Leak - during rain water is entering/ leaking from front door panels. it took almost 30 days to dry bottom thick wool.
  9. Rubber Beading - very poor quality rubber beadings on all doors
  10. Mileage - i always fill the tank and note the Odo reading to measure mileage. 13-17 Kmpl is the efficiency i am receiving
Any suggestion to overcome this issues.
Brother there is some serious issue with your vehicle and I feel sad for that! I have interacted with so many fellow Tiago & Tigor owners and never was the issue list so big. I have a few observations maybe that can help you.

Fuel pump:- even after replacement there is problem that means the problem is not solved, maybe some issue with the injector system, get to the ASS and ask them to resolve, hope you have EW.

AC water leakage, what do the ASS people say about this? Which side of the footwell is it hapening?

Steering noise on gravelly road, even i face it in my Tigor, after changing entire steering and rack assembly, generally on very bad gravelly road the khat khat mild noise will be there, but if it is absent on regular concrete roads and speer breakers and rumbler strips then that is not an issue.

Rusting, Roof-Beading & water seeping issue looke very interrelated, there might be some serious issue with the welded joints, please get it checked at ASS and if they dont do anything, report it to TATA.

Low Mileage- there is some serious issue with the fuel system(jerking too maybe because of this), please get it checked.

Alignment- I never get the alignment and balancing done at ASS, Get it done from outside reliable tyre shop. My tyres had uneven wearing out issue due to stupid ASS where I got alignment done for first 1and half year, but now i get it done from outside and things are smoothe.

On the other note, had you done a propper PDI before getting your vehicle?
I smell this is being a lemon handed down.
What is the difference in date of manufacture and delivery?
Is the vehicle serviced as per schedule?

If your vehicle is out of warranty, just skip ASS, go to a reputed FNG in your locality and get the work done.

Live nice, drive wise.
Suhel

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Yes, indeed. You have a car with real problems which should not have been there in normal case. I too own a Tigor AMT (XZA) bought in 2018 August and never had any such problems so far except the steering noise which happens only after the heavy rainy season and the car was idled for a long time. But the noise on its own after couple of drives.

I have my serious doubt that you were given a damaged car from the dealership. Did you complain to TAMO about your car problems? If not, suggest write an email complaint explaining what all happened and what all you have done so far it (no point in talking to someone but just put it in writing and see what response you will get from them)

As @Suhelmak asked, did you do PDI before sending the car for Registration??

Hello all, I have a Tigor XT Revotorq, and the XT comes with 4 speakers along with the Harman system. I came across a few posts on facebook Tigor owners group where someone posted about the wiring for tweeters already being present on the A pillar and Rear Door for Tweeter connection and adding tweeter would be just a plug and play thing. Checked on Boodmo and the OEM Tweeters are available for very low price. I have a few queries here:-

Has any member here added Tweeters?
Is the wiring really present?
Will addition of Tweeters cause any voiding of warranty issue(I have P2P and Extended Warranty)

Thanks in advance.
Suhel

Top Bottom