Tata Tigor: Technical Issues & Solutions

hi, i am mukesh having the ownership of tigor petrol from 2017 recently got the problem to shift first and second gear please send the solution. thank you

Hi everyone,

I own a Tata Tigor XT. It has been 3 years since I bought this car. From past couple of months I am getting a problem, In OFF and car locked mode my car's tail light and headlight blinks after every 10 to 12 minutes or so for a fraction of second. Can anyone tell me why this is happening.

Thanks in advance.

Can anyone provide senior management contract details of Tata Motors, i have been dealing with local reps for issues with my Tigor and they have been of no help.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Can anyone provide senior management contract details of Tata Motors, i have been dealing with local reps for issues with my Tigor and they have been of no help.
Below is the Hyderabad contact:
Kiran
CCM Customer Care Manager
I got this from Mr. Bhattacharya RO Lucknow/Chandigarh
A big thanks to him.

My tata tigor XZO engine check light is on while driving. Everytime tata motors check and change parts for heavy price but light again blinks while driving after few days....
That's really strange, I had once and they scanned using OBD and replaced few sensors, never returned after that

Hello members, yesterday felt a few hiccups while acceleration in my Tigor Revotorq Diesel 50800 km run and 3 years old. Let me be detailed and specific here.

Was driving in Pune on Nagar road which has few stretches of stop and go traffic and few congestion free stretches. At one point while accelerating just above 2k rpm, felt a hickup as if the engine missed a beat for probably a fraction of second, the same thing repeated during constant speed after a couple of kms, and then did not repeat for the rest of 28kms of mixed speed driving.

Will this lead to something serious? Is it an indication of something that needs attention?

Was thinking of adding fuel additve like System D, Liqui Moly or some other, for fuel system clean. Should I go ahead with it?

Also off late my engine note has become bit more coarse and vocal, the service center people said this is normal with the aeging and run of engine.

Also the turbo boost post 2k rpm is not as punchy as it used to be. An EGR clean was done at 36k kms. Major service was done between 49-50k km.

Any suggestions on this would be helpful.

Thank you,
Safe driving, wear seatbelt, wear helmet(it has saved my head[cheers])

Don't add fuel additives, as in my case it has backfired. After warming up of the engine, in 1st gear cross the 3k RPM then upshift , 2nd gear also do the same, and continue for other gears. Check the turbo kick in time, and also check whether turbo cuts off. Repeat the same in 4k/4.5k RPM (to check whether the fuel pump is working fine with throttle inputs.)Update the thread afterwards.

Thanks for reply, will be doin a Pune to Navi Mumbai run today and was thinking of using additive as I was going to do a tank full, will skip that as for now. Will follow the revving procedures and update after todays run.

Don't add fuel additives, as in my case it has backfired. After warming up of the engine, in 1st gear cross the 3k RPM then upshift , 2nd gear also do the same, and continue for other gears. Check the turbo kick in time, and also check whether turbo cuts off. Repeat the same in 4k/4.5k RPM (to check whether the fuel pump is working fine with throttle inputs.)Update the thread afterwards.
Tried as per the suggestion today, the acceleration was smooth in all gears and the turbo could be felt kicking in between 1800 & 2000 RPM in all gears, and held good till 4000 RPM (I did not go beyond 4000 RPM as there would be auto fuel cutoff at 4500rpm).
Surprisingly no hiccups felt at any piont during acceleration or constant speed, also did some good spiritful sprint on the Mumbai - Pune Expressways, and again no hiccups or jerks, so maybe it was a one off incident that I encountered? Only thing is I feel as if the engine noise is a little throaty now, and the turbo feels less punchy as compared to 10k KMS earlier, I dont know if this is a regular process of aeging of turbo diesels?

I also extracted very good mileage from Pune to Mumbai, while the MID showed 30kmpl[shock]. A check by tankful method(auto cut off) gave 25.6 kmpl, speeds were between 80 to 100 kmph which are the safe & legal limits on the Mumbai Pune expressway.

Thank You
Suhel.

Engine more throaty at idles, or post this trip(After revving). I think the vehicle is fine maybe it just needed some revving up. although yours might not be BSVI, BSVI cars were required to do such revved runs, to ensure the DPF(Diesel Particulate Filter) and other accessory components are working. In your case, I thought of suggesting this method, to ensure that the fuel spraying is done in a different pattern (Timing of spraying). You may drive like this once in a while.

Friends, after experiencing the issue, are you people satisfied with the car or suggest something else?
While mine is a diesel tigor, i am satisfied and content with the vehicle, also a coleague of mine uses a petrol tiago and he is content with vehicle as well as service. After using a ritz, estilo, esteem, ertiga, alto k10, in the family, i can say Tigor in its petrol version is a very good sedate city car. Obviously if one wants more punchy and smooth engine then tata 1.2 petrol is way behind Maruti 1.2 petrol.

Top Bottom