Tata Tigor: Technical Issues & Solutions

Thread Starter #1

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

I am beginning this thread so that we all who own a Tigor can seek help from each other in case of any technical issue that may arise in our cars. Please feel free to share your queries and provide resolutions here.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #3

Akash1886

Honoured Member
GloveBox Misaligned
Gear lever cover comes off
left turn indicators fails to function at times
Indeed the Glove Box lid is mis aligned. However, thanks for mentioning the other 2 issues as I have bought an XZO tigor yesterday so will keep it in mind. Any idea why does the rear fog lamp not have bulb in it?

Regards

Akash

Indeed the Glove Box lid is mis aligned. However, thanks for mentioning the other 2 issues as I have bought an XZO tigor yesterday so will keep it in mind. Any idea why does the rear fog lamp not have bulb in it?

Regards

Akash
Nope no bulb in it, none of the pics online shows illuminated fog lamps in the rear.
BTW any good suggestions for front fogs + chrome surrounds for my Tigor XE

Ask your ASS people to spray electrical contact spray in combination switch it will solve left indicator problem.
Thanks, will ask them tomorrow as I'll be visiting for the first service.

The Buying experience is nothing short of a nightmare for me,will post more on that shortly.I was overcharged 6K when i asked about the difference in price they said Stamp duty and document charges for loan from TMF but later when i found the disbursed amount to be 6K less than loan amount I found out that Dealership double charged me.When I asked the same they said I have to pay 1% of loan amount to dealership later when I was serious the Sales Manager accepted it's a illegal charge and the dealership charges this to every single customer who's car is financed by TMF Ltd..He was quite friendly with me and showed no. of Delivery challens which all included the charge some in the tune of upwards of 15K.
When i spoke to the Dealership manager he sent me back to speak with sales manager and after a lot of hassle I finally got my refund, a guy in the dealership told me the amount would be shared by Delaership and sales agents.
Sales Manager is a honest ,hardworking guy though.
They drove me nuts above's the one single issue ,I faced .Not a great experience.
On the flip side I'm lovin my TIGOR

Thread Starter #6

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Nope no bulb in it, none of the pics online shows illuminated fog lamps in the rear.
BTW any good suggestions for front fogs + chrome surrounds for my Tigor XE
I checked out a Tigor XZO again today at an Auto Exhibition in Delhi. Over there I asked the Representative as to why a bulb wasn't provided to rear fog lamp, he said it's a company's move but the same can be fixed later as there is a provision in it and it can be operated by the fog lamp switch provided inside. Any idea to any of the fellow owners about the cost of the bulb? Secondly, I noted a rather strange thing in that car's glove box i.e till now we saw the mis aligned lid from the left corner like in my own car but today I saw it was mis-aligned from the right corner and the gap was showing as well. The guy there told me, purposely there is some play provided to the lid but also accepted that there is a slight quality issue in it. I am going to ask my dealer SA to provide me a solution to both the issues next week.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #7

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Buddies & Fellow Owners!

The quality issues / finishing issues which I came across and mentioned here made me to take my 2 day old Tigor to the service center today as I was feeling itchy to get them resolved. Well, it seems, these quality issues are not in capacity of the dealer to be rectified to perfection.

1) The misaligned glove box: I posted earlier about my car's glove box lid to be mis-aligned from left so upon showing it to the dealer, their representative made efforts to align it at best but ended up unsuccessful. Though the gap on the left corner became very less, the right corner got mis-aligned by about 0.5 inch. He tried to punch the same but no success and it still remains as it is i.e mis-aligned. While coming back I tried my hand at it and let me add here, there is design flaw between the lower curve of the dashboard and the glove box lid. If you press from left corner, the right corner comes out and vice versa. I tried to push it and the plastic got jammed and the glove box lid became non-functional. Upon further pushing the lid came out and finally the box was working with right corner gap still there. This problem was present in their display model too. Hence, I feel, there is nothing that can actually be done until TML takes note of it. Have to live with it!

20170819_153349.jpg

20170819_153353.jpg

2) Rubber insulation used on the door: My car's all 4 door's rubber insulation from edges had come off and there was gap between the metal and insulation and it was visible too. Same issue with the display model too & even in a Hexa. Although quality of rubber is good but the fitting is not good. I saw a piece of double tape fixed on the edge but that too could not hold the rubber. I called the GM of the dealership and tried to explain it to him. He check out the same and the only possible solution to it was application of a Double Sided Tape on the metal door frame and the rubber had to be pressed against it on all 4 door's edges. I would suggest, keep a roll of 3M double tape handy. There seems no point in cribbing on this issue because the guy there told it is purposely made flexible. I believe those of us who have already bought the car need to wait for a permanent solution on this from TML otherwise 3M double tape is a quick fix. I had a word with the GM on this and he told, even if the insulation is replaced then also this thing won't be resolved as it's a design feature.

20170819_150805.jpg

20170819_153447.jpg

20170819_153452.jpg

3) The Empty Rear Fog Lamp: No resolution to it. I will re-check on this and see if the bulb can be fixed in it or not. Guys there told me it remains empty and no bulb is provided in it.

Regards

Akash

The full mating provided by dealership has fitting issues,I was hesitant to go with but Sales Manager personally assured it's provides perfect fit.
I have also installed power windows (4) and central locking at the dealership they are dubbed Tata Genuine Accessories but the vendor is Autocop. They are working fine but the service guys failed to fit the rear left door correctly they promised to refit it perfectly though.
The left turn indicator failed to turn on yesterday and i was taking a turn I just escaped a narrowly from a biker.The left turn indicator works 95% of the time.
My Tigor clocked 1850 on ODO in 25 Days ,First service is due but heavy rains are delaying it.

central locking at the dealership they are dubbed Tata Genuine Accessories but the vendor is Autocop.
I got the same for my Nano in 2013, first six months it was working fine, however it started giving problem post that wherein multiple times[frustration], I had to use the remote key for locking all the four doors. So please ensure you call them up if you see slightest of abnormality within warranty period.

I am getting delivery tomorrow 21/9/17, will check and post If I see anything like this in my car.

Door rubber insulation issue addressed on new batches? Any idea

Buddies & Fellow Owners!

The quality issues / finishing issues which I came across and mentioned here made me to take my 2 day old Tigor to the service center today as I was feeling itchy to get them resolved. Well, it seems, these quality issues are not in capacity of the dealer to be rectified to perfection.

1) The misaligned glove box: I posted earlier about my car's glove box lid to be mis-aligned from left so upon showing it to the dealer, their representative made efforts to align it at best but ended up unsuccessful. Though the gap on the left corner became very less, the right corner got mis-aligned by about 0.5 inch. He tried to punch the same but no success and it still remains as it is i.e mis-aligned. While coming back I tried my hand at it and let me add here, there is design flaw between the lower curve of the dashboard and the glove box lid. If you press from left corner, the right corner comes out and vice versa. I tried to push it and the plastic got jammed and the glove box lid became non-functional. Upon further pushing the lid came out and finally the box was working with right corner gap still there. This problem was present in their display model too. Hence, I feel, there is nothing that can actually be done until TML takes note of it. Have to live with it!

2) Rubber insulation used on the door: My car's all 4 door's rubber insulation from edges had come off and there was gap between the metal and insulation and it was visible too. Same issue with the display model too & even in a Hexa. Although quality of rubber is good but the fitting is not good. I saw a piece of double tape fixed on the edge but that too could not hold the rubber. I called the GM of the dealership and tried to explain it to him. He check out the same and the only possible solution to it was application of a Double Sided Tape on the metal door frame and the rubber had to be pressed against it on all 4 door's edges. I would suggest, keep a roll of 3M double tape handy. There seems no point in cribbing on this issue because the guy there told it is purposely made flexible. I believe those of us who have already bought the car need to wait for a permanent solution on this from TML otherwise 3M double tape is a quick fix. I had a word with the GM on this and he told, even if the insulation is replaced then also this thing won't be resolved as it's a design feature.

3) The Empty Rear Fog Lamp: No resolution to it. I will re-check on this and see if the bulb can be fixed in it or not. Guys there told me it remains empty and no bulb is provided in it.

Regards

Akash

New Tata Tigor XZ o

Hi Everyone!
This is my first time to write in such forums and I apologize for any mistakes if I have made while posting.

After research for almost a month on which car to buy within our budget and requirements, we bought Tata Tigore xz (o) on 25th Nov 2017, Espresso Brown. I bought it from Tata Concord, Satara Rd, Pune. Overall delivery experience was good. Car looks amazing, interior and exterior is like wooww. AC is working properly. And yes, its Head-turner Car when you drive on road .

There are few concerns I want to ask in this forum. While doing research, we came to know Engine sound is on a higher side compare to other brands – might be due to 3-cylinder engine.
However, I think my car engine producing more sound, it is easily noticeable, feel like old diesel engine. Is it because of engine is new? It’s just 300 km as of now. I am concerned there might be engine issues.
Also, I crossed 80 kms, just for one time, I parked my car and when I came out there is burning smell coming out of engine. This is more scarier and I’m so worrying why this is happening to the new car.

Please share your experience.

Also, dashboard in the cabin vibrates on speed-breaker (fit and finish issues – known issue, I think this can be ignored).

Thank you.

Thread Starter #13

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: New Tata Tigor XZ o

There are few concerns I want to ask in this forum. While doing research, we came to know Engine sound is on a higher side compare to other brands – might be due to 3-cylinder engine.
I too own a 1.2 XZO Petrol and bought 3 months ago. From a 4 cylinder to a 3 Cylinder, yes, the refinement levels are definitely different and the engine sound as compared to 4 cylinder is a bit high. But I guess Petrol 1.2 of Tigor is definitely better than Ameo 1.2 Petrol in overall NVH. Even the Tigor Petrol is still better than the Petrol Tiago in NVH as I have seen and observed. Some balancer shaft has been introduced in Tigor that takes care of the excessive vibrations.

However, I think my car engine producing more sound, it is easily noticeable, feel like old diesel engine. Is it because of engine is new? It’s just 300 km as of now. I am concerned there might be engine issues.
I too felt the same in the first few days but eventually I have got used to it. The NVH levels aren't really a matter of bother to be honest. My car is 3300+ kms now and it is working fine.

Also, I crossed 80 kms, just for one time, I parked my car and when I came out there is burning smell coming out of engine. This is more scarier and I’m so worrying why this is happening to the new car.
The engine is in the run-in period. Advice you not to cross 50-60 km/h for initial 1500 Kms and 1st free service.

Also, dashboard in the cabin vibrates on speed-breaker (fit and finish issues – known issue, I think this can be ignored).
Really? So far my car hasn't had this issue. Get it checked from the ASC. Did you do a PDI prior to car's delivery?

Regards

Akash

I too own a 1.2 XZO Petrol and bought 3 months ago. From a 4 cylinder to a 3 Cylinder, yes, the refinement levels are definitely different and the engine sound as compared to 4 cylinder is a bit high. But I guess Petrol 1.2 of Tigor is definitely better than Ameo 1.2 Petrol in overall NVH. Even the Tigor Petrol is still better than the Petrol Tiago in NVH as I have seen and observed. Some balancer shaft has been introduced in Tigor that takes care of the excessive vibrations.

I too felt the same in the first few days but eventually I have got used to it. The NVH levels aren't really a matter of bother to be honest. My car is 3300+ kms now and it is working fine.

The engine is in the run-in period. Advice you not to cross 50-60 km/h for initial 1500 Kms and 1st free service.

Really? So far my car hasn't had this issue. Get it checked from the ASC. Did you do a PDI prior to car's delivery?

Regards

Akash
Thank you for sharing your experience.

Actually, Dashboard vibrates on those small white stripes speedbrakers, like small once usually on high-ways.

How was engine sounds after 3000+kmph? Is it less noisy that first 100 kms?

Yes, we did PDI and we will get it checked at ASC.

Thread Starter #15

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Actually, Dashboard vibrates on those small white stripes speedbrakers, like small once usually on high-ways.
That happens with almost all cars and the way to reduce that is to slow down a bit i.e from 90 km/h to 60 km/h and then move over them so the rattle can be reduced.

How was engine sounds after 3000+km? Is it less noisy that first 100 kms?
To be honest, for me, the engine is working reasonably well till now. When I bought this car, I knew it's limitations and based on that I had no unreal expectations from it but since I owned the car, the engine has not disappointed me. As far as NVH is related, after initial 3-4 seconds, the engine sound gets lower.

Regards

Akash

Last edited:

Top Bottom