Tata Tigor: Technical Issues & Solutions

Re: New Tata Tigor XZ o

Also, dashboard in the cabin vibrates on speed-breaker (fit and finish issues – known issue, I think this can be ignored).

Thank you.
Even I also thought so, however later realized its sound of the small things kept in dashboard and gear console area.

Hello,I scraped my tigor in an apartment parking lot.
My first scrape ,I was extremely tired after 200Km journey and 2 hours extreme bumper to bumper traffic.
How can i fix it,I'm a complete noob at this.
What's the best possible way to get a factory finish ,a reasonable price would be good too.
What option do I have ? :(

Thread Starter #18

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Buddy, If the scratches are not very deep then use 3M rubbing and it would be taken care of. If the scratches have penetrated the paint then suggest you to look for a good after market painter with a paint booth. It has to be made sure that the paint is matched to perfection because being a dark color a slight mismatch can appear quite pronounced. For such a small dent I don't think you need to go to the TML ASC. Aftermarket alternative can be a good and reasonable option.

Regards

Akash

Buddy, If the scratches are not very deep then use 3M rubbing and it would be taken care of. If the scratches have penetrated the paint then suggest you to look for a good after market painter with a paint booth. It has to be made sure that the paint is matched to perfection because being a dark color a slight mismatch can appear quite pronounced. For such a small dent I don't think you need to go to the TML ASC. Aftermarket alternative can be a good and reasonable option.

Regards

Akash
Thanks,I'm paranoid about the color mismatch.I'm kind of color guy and imperfections stand out a lot for me.
I'm so so paranoid that I'm almost gonna take the bite claim zero dep and loose no claim bonus.
I'll try to think rationally ,my brain agrees with what you said.Thanks again

Hello!

I have purchased a Tata Tigor XZO Petrol, April 2017 manufactured. I booked the car on 31st July and got the delivery on 12th August 2017. Almost 7500 kms clocked till date. There are multiple problems that I have faced and there are many of them which are still unsolved.

Problems which have been solved
1. The gear used to get stuck while changing it into 1st or 5th gear.
Solution: Clutch cable was changed and this problem was solved.

It took my more than 3 visits for the service centre guys to finally change it for me.

2. Glovebox misaligned.

Solution: ASS guys fixed it for me. I don’t know how they did it, but they have some solution for it.

3. Petrol lid wouldn’t open even when I pulled the lever. Petrol pump guys had to use a screwdriver or pen to open the lid. Embarrassing.

Solution: They solved it by lubricating the lid.

4. Burning smell issue. Whenever the car crossed 80kmp/h, there was a weird burning small in the cabin. It would come every time the car crossed 80 km/h. I visited the service centre at least 5-7 times for this, but they couldn’t find a solution till recently.

Solution: The Service center guys have used some kind of a sealant to seal some loose points in the car. I’m not sure what the service advisor meant by this, they didn’t tell me the exact solution. But for now, there is no burning smell.

Problems which are yet to be solved

1. The brakes make noise on slopes and uneven surfaces.
2. There is a weird noise from the left side of the car. The service centre guys lubricated the C mount and B mount, the sound didn’t come for a few minutes but then it was the same again. I kept my car in the service centre for at least 5 days but they couldn’t find a solution.
3. Dashboard rattling noise. There is a lot of dashboard rattling noise. Service center doesn’t have a solution to this.
4. Engine noise and vibration has increased. The engine noise and vibration has increased a lot more. It used to be bearable when the car was new, but now it has reached to that point where it is very annoying.
5. While cranking, there is a weird tak-tak noise from the left side of the car. Similar to the noise mentioned in point number 2, I guess it could be the same noise.
6. The suspension and shock-ups are not working like the used to work before. The suspension has lost its charm. The ride has become very bumpy. Service manager asked me to keep checking the tyre pressure. I always keep it checked. I’m sure that this is not because of the tyre pressure. I have filled all 4 tyres with nitrogen just to prove him wrong. He suggested me to fill tyres with Nitrogen to solve the problem. Highly unprofessional!
7. The washer will stop taking water inside even though it’s empty. The water intake will stop and the water from the washer will get over after 3-4 sprays. The motor seems to be faulty as well. I have visited the service center at least 3-4 times, they told me that air gets stuck into the water pipe, which is creating this problem. Not able to find a solution to this!

The above mentioned are the points which I could remember at the moment. I’ll keep adding as soon as I remember more. I would be glad if the members could help me find solutions to the unsolved problems. I’ll post the solutions if I find them.

Friends,

I'am planning to buy a Tigor. The car itself is looks stunning. The interior looks great. But my concern is, you can guess it, the long term reliability of Tata cars and the after sales of Tata dealers. Seeing some of the unresolved issues in this thread, now I'am a bit confused [confused]. I own a Maruti Alto now and never had an issue with the car or the service. I saw a thread similar to this for Tiago where a lot of issues were discussed. While initial batches may have had issues, are current generation of Tigor and Tiago in 2018 free of these kinds of issues and do you feel the Tata after sales have generally improved these days. I called concord motors a few days back for a test drive. I'am planning a test drive of Tigor XZA sometime next month. The initial communication was good. It has been almost a year since Tigor is launched. I'am eager to know how reliable the car is. Friends, please give some advice on whether to go with Tigor purchase.

Thread Starter #22

Akash1886

Honoured Member
I have purchased a Tata Tigor XZO Petrol, April 2017 manufactured. I booked the car on 31st July and got the delivery on 12th August 2017. Almost 7500 kms clocked till date. There are multiple problems that I have faced and there are many of them which are still unsolved.

1. The brakes make noise on slopes and uneven surfaces.
2. There is a weird noise from the left side of the car. The service centre guys lubricated the C mount and B mount, the sound didn’t come for a few minutes but then it was the same again. I kept my car in the service centre for at least 5 days but they couldn’t find a solution.
3. Dashboard rattling noise. There is a lot of dashboard rattling noise. Service center doesn’t have a solution to this.
4. Engine noise and vibration has increased. The engine noise and vibration has increased a lot more. It used to be bearable when the car was new, but now it has reached to that point where it is very annoying.
5. While cranking, there is a weird tak-tak noise from the left side of the car. Similar to the noise mentioned in point number 2, I guess it could be the same noise.
6. The suspension and shock-ups are not working like the used to work before. The suspension has lost its charm. The ride has become very bumpy. Service manager asked me to keep checking the tyre pressure. I always keep it checked. I’m sure that this is not because of the tyre pressure. I have filled all 4 tyres with nitrogen just to prove him wrong. He suggested me to fill tyres with Nitrogen to solve the problem. Highly unprofessional!
7. The washer will stop taking water inside even though it’s empty. The water intake will stop and the water from the washer will get over after 3-4 sprays. The motor seems to be faulty as well. I have visited the service center at least 3-4 times, they told me that air gets stuck into the water pipe, which is creating this problem. Not able to find a solution to this!

The above mentioned are the points which I could remember at the moment. I’ll keep adding as soon as I remember more. I would be glad if the members could help me find solutions to the unsolved problems. I’ll post the solutions if I find them.
Parth hi, that's a big list of issues you mentioned bro. Really sad that in a new car so many issues came up. I took my car's delivery in Noida at the same time as yours i.e 16 August-2017 (June-2017 manufactured) and except the glovebox issue & fuel flap issue there hasn't been any technical issue so far and my car is nearing 9K kms. The fuel flap issue was solved by the dealer through the lubrication as in your case too. Did you perform a PDI prior to the delivery of the car as from the manufacturing date your's is a 1st batch car if I am correct. 1st batch cars are prone to some issues and I believe one other member too had the dashboard issues as well. Nevertheless, Have you informed TML on the above? What's their feedback?

Friends,

I'am planning to buy a Tigor. The car itself is looks stunning. Th.e interior looks great. But my concern is, you can guess it, the long term reliability of Tata cars and the after sales of Tata dealers. Seeing some of the unresolved issues in this thread, now I'am a bit confused.
Buddy, if my 7 month & approx 9K Kms association with the TML & Tigor holds any relevance for you then I would say there isn't anything wrong in going for a new Tata Car. Yes, the Tata Cars are not 100% perfect but then no car or brand is perfect. Issues can crop up in any car of any brand, but, what matters is how the brand gets involved with the customer to resolve it. Referring to the post above yours, that's an unfortunate case and yes the unresolved issues mentioned shouldn't have persisted for so long. The problem is with the dealers as some of them don't pay attention to the car and customer but not every Tigor and not every dealer of TML are bad. So definitely, you may consider going for a Tata Tigor otherwise in case you have 2nd thoughts, better go with what your heart says. There is nothing wrong in considering other brands catering to this segment. The most important requirement is you as an owner / customer should be 100% satisfied with your purchase and with the brand you are associating with.

I own a Maruti Alto now and never had an issue with the car or the service. I saw a thread similar to this for Tiago where a lot of issues were discussed. While initial batches may have had issues, are current generation of Tigor and Tiago in 2018 free of these kinds of issues and do you feel the Tata after sales have generally improved these days.
I owned a Maruti Esteem for a decade+ and then moved on to TML with the Tigor Petrol in 2017. I suppose Tigors from June 2017 batch & onward are pretty sorted as far as niggles are concerned. Haven't had or heard any major problem from the owners. You may refer to the experiences of other onwers of Tiago & Tigor on our forum as well. As far as the ASC experience is concerned, atleast in my case, honestly haven't had issues with them post purchase.

I called concord motors a few days back for a test drive. I'am planning a test drive of Tigor XZA sometime next month. The initial communication was good. It has been almost a year since Tigor is launched. I'am eager to know how reliable the car is. Friends, please give some advice on whether to go with Tigor purchase.
Suggest you to please check our ownership review section for the experiences of various Tigor Owners on our forum.

Regards

Akash

I own Tiago Diesel. And keeping in mind my car is running on 7th A-Engine mount and 2nd B-Engine mount.

I personally feel, after reading your above quoted points, engine mount to be the culprit. Maybe B and C mount to be blamed precisely.

I remember two Tiago Petrol owners getting their C-Engine mount replaced.

Thanks Akash for the suggestions. I will go through the long term ownership reviews for Tigor here and elsewhere. And thanks for starting this thread.

Did some further research on Tigor. The reviews are mostly good. Asked a friend about after sales support and said it is good. Couple of my other friends know Tiago owners. I have asked them to get info on their after sales experience. Another thing I would like to know is about Tigor AMT behaviour, since I'am planning to take Tigor XZA. Couple of Tiago XZA ownership threads here which are very good, but not anything for tigor amt. Saw some Tigor XZA reviews elsewhere, but mostly about interior/exterior features. Reviews covering Tigor AMT, I couldn't find much. So any Tigor XZA/XTA owners here, please help by posting your AMT experience.

My first scrape ,I was extremely tired after 200Km journey and 2 hours extreme bumper to bumper traffic.
How can i fix it,I'm a complete noob at this.
What's the best possible way to get a factory finish ,a reasonable price would be good too.
Did you get your car painted or scratches removed. Please post some pictures of your car. Since you got XE model did you install power windows and central locking . How about ICE setup ?

Did you get your car painted or scratches removed. Please post some pictures of your car. Since you got XE model did you install power windows and central locking . How about ICE setup ?
The cars currently at service center getting painted.
Yup, power windows and central locking was installed by tata dealership.The car clocked 14K Kms thanks to plenty of road trips in last few months ,I'm in love with this car.It looks stunning.
As for ICE I'm looking at a Android head unit from aliexpress with LTE connectivity I expect 30-40k.
Also looking to get stock tigor alloys installed.
Fog lamps are the only thing else in the bucket list.

The cars currently at service center getting painted.
Yup, power windows and central locking was installed by tata dealership.The car clocked 14K Kms thanks to plenty of road trips in last few months ,I'm in love with this car.It looks stunning.
As for ICE I'm looking at a Android head unit from aliexpress with LTE connectivity I expect 30-40k.
Also looking to get stock tigor alloys installed.
Fog lamps are the only thing else in the bucket list.
Good, post some pictures of the car.

For the ICE from Ali express you can consider similar to these below

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/7-T...6428-4916-a91a-eed0f0548881&priceBeautifyAB=0

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car...6428-4916-a91a-eed0f0548881&priceBeautifyAB=0

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...724.html?spm=2114.12010612.0.0.4cdb480eKxWt0N

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...713.html?spm=2114.12010612.0.0.4cdb480eKxWt0N

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...367.html?spm=2114.12010612.0.0.612a30f40yiGft

Note last 3 may be available in Amazon/Ebay India as well. If you are getting from Aliexpress make sure you ask to install India Maps

Hello guys, I have a tigor xt which I bought in december 2017. 5000kms completed. I am facing a problem with reverse parking sensors. Earlier they used to work automatically on using reverse gear however it stopped abruptly. Now I have to use manual method everytime via dashboard infotainment. Can someone please help with this.

Hi. Got the delivery of the Tigor XZA yesterday. Haven't got a chance to configure the infotainment system to my taste yet but observed something weird. Had connected by iPhone to the system and chose iPod as source. But the system was switching to FM mode automatically after 3-5 secs of playing iPhone song.

Top Bottom