Tata Tigor Ownership Review

Thread Starter #242

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Could be Hexa or Harrier I guess.
Well, Most likely it will be H for Harrier is the...Delhi mein Airport Palam is the[lol] Official Announcement will follow during the World Cup 2019. Until then Jio aur Jeene Do[:D] I am presently compiling the Nexon review and want to complete it asap.

Do post the image of gear lock.
Have posted in page 8 or 7. Do check bro.

Regards

Akash

bhvm

Honoured Member
Well, Most likely it will be H for Harrier

Have posted in page 8 or 7. Do check bro.

Regards

Akash
1.Three Tatas in one Garage. This will be Phenomenal!
2. Not able to locate pic.

Mr.BHVM , a small correction and addition

Nitrogen in Service centres and Fuel pumps are scam.

But one in tyre shops (Special mention to MRF outlets) are generally best.

Personal advantage i felt with N2 is -
My ride had a puncture in a nearby town , from that to my town , about 35km , the car had run , the pressure drop in tyre was only 7PSI. The car was run to tyre outlet only after I noticed .(Rear tyre , so thereby can't be felt by driving).
If it had been case with normal air , surely , the ride would be in middle of road.

Case 2 - Sidewall hit , The hit was noticed only after 2km post hit , and the air leak was very slow.

Case 3 - Generally , i check up monthly once , and pressure drop is 1-2PSI alone.Tyre remains in optimum temperature with N2.

Why i told fuel pump and dealership scam is - They tend to fill normal air itself , and bill you N2. Ensure always N2 machine is a different unit , it consist of N2 filter membrane and you can ensure it , either the machine will have a rotatory knob(Just like fan regulator)- Which can switch to normal air /N2 as per the customer's choice.
Hello Mr.VISHNUCARCRAZY,
Let me offer you a complete Correction and Major Debunking![evil]

1. This is a Trait of Newer (15 Years or younger) Tubeless Tyres and alloys. Not N2. New Tubeless tyres don't go POP like Tubed cousins do.
Once my XUV ran 2 weeks on a Puncture. Hardly any air escaped even to trigger the TPMS. Only after coming home and letting it sit for 3 days at one place, The tyre deflated. Opon opening the tyre found 2 huge nails (Broken Nails) Inside the tyre.

In last month Suffered a huge puncture in Safari. Drove 45KMS home. Only after coming home, the tyre went flat. Upon inspection, Glass had made huge cuts in the tyre. Had to replace the tyre.
@Mayankdixit, There is your Proof that Safari users cannot figure out Punctures in Safari.[lol]

Case 2- Got 2 sidewall hits on Concrete kerbs(Pretty Sharp) when reversing in Tight spaces. Air leaks? None.
Unfortunately, Only Kerbs broke. (Safari toh Safari hai bhai!)

Case 3- I Own Tyre Inflators since Long now.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ytvs-tdi-22-vacuum-cleaner-tyre-inflator.html
Holding tyre air Pressure is a function of High Quality Tyres, Alloys (Better Bead seals) And good quality Valves.

XUV- ZERO loss over 3 months
i10 (Parked/ Hibernated)- ZERO loss over 2 months
Activa- about 2 PSI a month
Safari- 1 or 2 PSI a month in Some tyres (Probably faulty Valves or Bead issue), Zero loss in some.

So buddy, Its not N2.

Case 4- Temps can be Monitored in XUV TPMS. No issues over here. I usually do 1000 KM In single day (15~16 Hours). No Overheating even at x40 to x50kmph cruising

Basically, to those who still think n2 something special, Take a look at chart below.
Air in earth is already 78% N2. You do NOT Vacuum the tyres when filling N2 (Such heavy vacuum will destroy tyres though).
So basically there is atleast 20% normal air (By volume) inside.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atmosphere_of_Earth
You do the math now buddy.
Which methods are you talking about ? Do tell. Even I feel gearlock is a good option.
Engine Immobilizer, Alarms, Knock and glass break sensors (In some high end cars), Computerized keys.

@Mr.Allhyundaicars,

Explain the function of Gear lock , and then i will try to explain my view. (Don't mistake my tone , seriously , I don't know what gear lock does)[lol]
Gear lock is Crude, Mechanical and outdated option by employing a lock so that the thief is not able to shift or Engage Gears. Assuming you Park in neutral (Which is a bad Idea anyways), He won't be able to steal your car.

Steering and Pedal locks also work in the same way. Haven't seen all these 3 in a LONG time now.

Attachments

Last edited:

bhvm

Honoured Member
Mr.BHVM

Thanks for the info sir . So that means N2 is just 99%N2 , when compared to 78%n2 in normal air[;)]. Anyways not a big headache for me , coz , here N2 and air I get for same price[;)]
Assuming they can fill in Lab/Science grade 99% N2, What you will have in tyres will be at best 82~85% Purity left (As no Vacuuming or Flushing).

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

bhvm

Honoured Member
everything can be bypassed easily. check this video.

gearlock is bolted from the underbody plus i think they cannot be cut easily. the real point of gearbox is to lock the gear in reverse so that even if the thief manages to start the car it will be very difficult to drive.
Yes, The way these locks work are more psychological. A thief would not bother to cut and disarm gear locks and risk making a noise. Although everything can be cut. My neighbor lost the key to his padlock. Other than the noise, a small grinder cuts padlocks in under 30 sec.

What Concerns me about gear locks is drilling extra holes in the vehicle, esp center console. The fit and finish usually looks pathetic, Plus you are introducing extra leaks into the cabin. A Pedal lock (Simple Rod like lock with ties all ABC pedals at once) Is non invasive and can be moved from vehicle to vehicle.

https://oklead.en.made-in-china.com/product/NBpEiSVxYJUX/China-High-Quality-New-Car-Pedal-Lock.html

BTW, The Best way to secure your vehicle is the way old truckers used to do. In the 80s era.

Last edited:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Yes, The way these locks work are more psychological. A thief would not bother to cut and disarm gear locks and risk making a noise. Although everything can be cut. My neighbor lost the key to his padlock. Other than the noise, a small grinder cuts padlocks in under 30 sec.

What Concerns me about gear locks is drilling extra holes in the vehicle, esp center console. The fit and finish usually looks pathetic, Plus you are introducing extra leaks into the cabin. A Pedal lock (Simple Rod like lock with ties all ABC pedals at once) Is non invasive and can be moved from vehicle to vehicle.

https://oklead.en.made-in-china.com/product/NBpEiSVxYJUX/China-High-Quality-New-Car-Pedal-Lock.html

BTW, The Best way to secure your vehicle is the way old truckers used to do. In the 80s era.
how will he operate the cutter machine inside a car :P don't think he will invest in a battery operated cutter. [lol]
there is no concern regarding the holes. you won't see them. i don't like u-type gearlocks. depends on the car which type can be installed.let's not go more OT.

Thread Starter #252

Akash1886

Honoured Member
So, from Gear Lock to Benefits and Cons of Nitrogen everything discussed in great details[:D] Now, a small update on the Nexon. Difficult to decide which one I love more, Nexon or Tigor[:)]

IMG_5290.JPG

* Doing well and has covered above 500kms as on date.

* FE in City above 16 Km/L in City mode.

* To test the car's highway manners, taking it on a vacation post Diwali for 3-4 days. Round trip will be around 600 kms.

* Ever since I drove the Revotorq, I am blown away actually by the way this car pulls. Yes, I know no comparison can be done between 1.2 Revotron Tigor & 1.5 Revotorq Nexon as one in 3 cyl and other a 4 cyl. But as owner of both the new engines from TML, I personally have become fond of the Diesel. Now after driving the diesel, whenever I drive Tigor, the feeling is quite funny as sometimes I fumble in the gear lever height, sometimes I engage reverse gear of the Tigor a bit hard just like Nexon and at times I start to expect Nexon like performance from Tigor too which I know is utterly stupid of me.

* The review is in progress but would be completed post my vacation.

Regards

Akash

Top Bottom