Tata Tigor Ownership Review

Well, presently the tussle is between Nexon XZ+ Diesel & Hexa XMA. Harrier is bit far a call considering the launch. Have to decide between the 2 and go ahead.

Regards

Akash
Wow Akash, that's great news, so like mine your garage will be an exclusive TaMo.

Keep us posted on the reason you choose one from the other.

Regards
Vinod

Well, presently the tussle is between Nexon XZ+ Diesel & Hexa XMA. Harrier is bit far a call considering the launch. Have to decide between the 2 and go ahead.

Regards

Akash
Congrats on 1 year niggle free experience with Tigor XZO.

Also advance well wishes for deciding another Tata car. I would suggest you to go for Automatic this time.

Thread Starter #213

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Congrats on 1 year niggle free experience with Tigor XZO.
[:D]

Also advance well wishes for deciding another Tata car. I would suggest you to go for Automatic this time.
I am OK with either of them. The decision making among my people is taking a hell lot of time. On a casual note, asked Arvind (my chauffeur) of his views. He said, if Hexa then Automatic and if Nexon then manual will also do. Somehow, even though Hexa is a very good machine in Automatic but what I feel is presently, as I am a bachelor, we are a small nuclear family so what's the real point of buying a 6-7 seater and face parking hassles in market and manage that big car in our traffic? Apart from this, if we decide over Hexa and buy it then window for the Harrier will be closed. I am more inclined on Nexon Diesel top end because it is a manageable car on road and mostly including chauffeur there are 3 pax in the car so that ways Nexon feels sufficient to me and above all the 4 star GNCAP rating for Nexon is a big boost. I have left the decision on my parents this time so let them decide. One thing though is for sure, it would be new gen TML car only.

Regards

Akash

Last edited:
^^ You never know when your family grows and need a bigger car. Moreover Hexa is miles ahead than Nexon in terms of power and drive ability. I would suggest you to consider Hexa XTA if budget permits.

[:D]

I am OK with either of them. The decision making among my people is taking a hell lot of time. On a casual note, asked Arvind (my chauffeur) of his views. He said, if Hexa then Automatic and if Nexon then manual will also do. Somehow, even though Hexa is a very good machine in Automatic but what I feel is presently, as I am a bachelor, we are a small nuclear family so what's the real point of buying a 6-7 seater and face parking hassles in market and manage that big car in our traffic? Apart from this, if we decide over Hexa and buy it then window for the Harrier will be closed. I am more inclined on Nexon Diesel top end because it is a manageable car on road and mostly including chauffeur there are 3 pax in the car so that ways Nexon feels sufficient to me and above all the 4 star GNCAP rating for Nexon is a big boost. I have left the decision on my parents this time so let them decide. One thing though is for sure, it would be new gen TML car only.

Regards

Akash
^^ thanks Akash for giving your thoughtful inputs on the 2 shortlisted TaMo products(with the Harrier thrown in as a future upgrade?) I'm sure lots of prospective fence sitter buyers will be keen to know your views, and sound reasoning.

Why don't you start a new thread on the same, for other TAIger's to also pitch in? Just my opinion.

Regards
Vinod

Thread Starter #216

Akash1886

Honoured Member
^^ You never know when your family grows and need a bigger car. Moreover Hexa is miles ahead than Nexon in terms of power and drive ability. I would suggest you to consider Hexa XTA if budget permits.
Anshuman, in my case, the only problem is the pathetically slow decision making and not the budget. As far as need for big car is concerned atleast for 2 years I don't think I'll be needing one. So, inclined towards Nexon.

^^ thanks Akash for giving your thoughtful inputs on the 2 shortlisted TaMo products(with the Harrier thrown in as a future upgrade?) I'm sure lots of prospective fence sitter buyers will be keen to know your views, and sound reasoning.
Sir, Nexon ka Diesel top model about 11 ka hai on-road in Noida and the XMA Hexa will be about 16 on road. Though budget is not the constrain rather the sheer practicality is the concern for me. For a family of 3, a big 6 seater doesn't make sense and that's the very reason why I kept Harrier as an upgrade option after 3-4 years by which time even H7X will be there.

Why don't you start a new thread on the same, for other TAIger's to also pitch in? Just my opinion.
Sir I had made a thread long long back w.r.t replacing my Esteem but now I can't find that. Secondly, my car purchase isn't going to a active topic due to slow deciders at my end. So, I feel for me it'll be better to occasionally discuss the pending purchase here.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #220

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Finally Friends, the 2nd TML Car is now added. For the first time, the Junior & Senior come face-to-face. To find a capable replacement for the Comfort & Performance of a 3rd Gen CITY IVtec was a very difficult task because apart from CITY, all other options either offered comfort or offered performance. Hence, decided to upgrade to a new segment of C-SUV. It is the 1st C-SUV of my life and I am happy to say, it is the 1 and only India made 2018 C-SUV which stands on top of the chart of safety ratings till now @GNCAP with 4 Stars for Adult Safety & 3 Stars for Child Safety. I can forgo a minor nick-nack here and there but cannot & will not ever compromise on the safety aspect after all I am yet unmarried and can't risk my life[:D]

Nexon Diesel finally takes the place of my CITY Ivtec!!
20181011_115257.jpg

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #221

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Buddies,

Finally, the Nexon gets a new home. Took Delivery today and got the puja done. I really don't know how to emote today. I should be happy or should I be emotional. Happy for buying the Nexon or Emotional for my CITY I-vtec. Today the last string of emotions attached to my CITY Ivtec also broke. The transfer of Ownership of CITY IVtec happened today. Yes, the dealer to whom I had sold my car, he wasn't able to get a buyer for it. Finally, whether should I see it as a coincidence or as a part of destiny, god selected today's date to end a old journey and relation with my Ivtec CITY and marked the beginning of a new journey and a new relation with my Nexon. I alongwith my parents went to RTO and over there the formalities happened. Though I did not get to bid a final good bye to my CITY Ivtec neither got to kiss it good bye, nor touch it's Tyre and say SORRY for one last time for taking a fast decision of selling it. It is very difficult to comprehend how I felt when my mom signed the transfer papers. I tried to not remove my shades because had I done that, it would have been very difficult for me and my parents. Just hope that my CITY stays in best of condition from here on and I will never forget it simply for the reason that it was my mom's most loved one.

20181017_154612.jpg

20181017_165040.jpg

20181017_165048.jpg

After the delivery ceremony at the dealer, requested dad & mom to have their first ride back home in their new car. The happiness in their eyes was evident. I came home in the cab. I hope, the way my Tigor has served me without any niggles till now, same level of satisfaction shall be there with my Nexon too. Since I have just bought it there are a couple of points I need to mention about it;

1) The XZ gets Auto Folding ORVMs. This feature was discovered by Arvind and seeing that I realized many owners of earlier batch of Nexon tried to get the same updated.

2) There is slight stiffness in the dis-engaging of the reverse gear. I hope this is sorted with time.

3) There were slight stains on the roof carpet which by the use of Colin got removed to a good extent.

4) Mud Flaps needs to be placed. Shall be done by Monday from Dealer.

5) The SA and dealer were very prompt and handed over to me the permanent registration and RC during the delivery today itself. So, no further hassle of following up for it.

This is pretty much what I wanted to share. A big thanks to each and everyone who wished well for me, to everyone who supported me, and to my TAIgers who always stood by me and believed in me. The review for Nexon shall follow in near future.

Thank You, ALL.

Regards

Akash

Last edited:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Congratulations, once again.[clap]

Item 5 - you said that you got the permanent registration and RC during the delivery today. Do you mean Original RC ? ( here it takes around 2 months to get the Original RC [anger])

Many congrats again Aakash for your purchase. I think Nexon looks just fab in that grey shade. [thumbsup]

I know how you must be feeling with the thoughts of parting with your beloved Honda City. Our old cars always remain in minds as we have many sweet memories, sense of gratitude associated with it and we wish it always remain in good condition. [:)]

Wish you many happy miles and looking forward now to your ownership review. [:)]

Congrats Akash and your parents on the beautiful Nexon, Panditji's orange and yellow are a nice contrast to the grey.

Your parents will be proud of you for choosing Nexon XZ for them.

You and Arvind will explore lots of features on the Nexon as you go along, I'll not play spoilsport.

Regards
Vinod

Top Bottom