Tata Tiago: Technical Issues & Solutions

When I give left indicator my reverse parking sensors starts also in display it is showing reverse.
Same thing happens when I start parking light.
Can anyone help

Hi Team - while doing PDI for my Tiago xz+, I noticed door mis-alignment on left side 2 doors, at 2 spots. Photos are attached for reference.
Has anybody in the forum had a similar experience and if they can share how resolution was done?
Presently showroom has sent the car to workshop.
Hoping for a response, thanks in advance!

Attachments

Hi Team - while doing PDI for my Tiago xz+, I noticed door mis-alignment on left side 2 doors, at 2 spots. Photos are attached for reference.
Has anybody in the forum had a similar experience and if they can share how resolution was done?
Presently showroom has sent the car to workshop.
Hoping for a response, thanks in advance!
Good to see that PDI was done. I had faced similar issue for my Tigor earlier. But it was taken care of well by the SC.
So hopefully it will be fine. Not a major concern it seems. Check it carefully again during the delivery.

The door alignment on one side was there even in my Tigor which was corrected by the Service centre guys. No problem since then.
Thanks for sharing. I am expecting an update from SC later today and will inspect the car post that. Can’t wait to drive the car :)

Its not a major work. They need to do some adjustment in the problematic door hinge and it will be okay then.
This is what I am hearing here, but the car has been in workshop for 3 days and the only update I am getting is that they are still working on it. I had told showroom that if issue is not resolved (99% is fine), then they should provide me a new fresh piece. Even though registration has not been done yet (payment done in full), they are not agreeing to replace the car if issue not resolved in SC! That’s why I am worried, that I paid full amount and might end up with defective new car

This is what I am hearing here, but the car has been in workshop for 3 days and the only update I am getting is that they are still working on it. I had told showroom that if issue is not resolved (99% is fine), then they should provide me a new fresh piece. Even though registration has not been done yet (payment done in full), they are not agreeing to replace the car if issue not resolved in SC! That’s why I am worried, that I paid full amount and might end up with defective new car
You have paid the full price, and the vehicle is not registered, hence you have the full right to ask for other vehicle if after PDI you are not convinced with the vehicle. You can even ask for a full refund in extreme case. Car is in workshop for 3days? For a job that requires 4-5 hours max! This is a very sour experience. Just tell them that they are either alotting a new piece or a full refund, have these communications on mail and try to mark the tata regional manager on the mail.

Just when Tata products were starting to hit the ball out of the park, Tata sales people have gotten Casual & Overconfident, just like a decade back when they were selling indicas and indigos in high numbers. Recently many prospective buyers have experienced sour attitude from sales team, feels sad from a Tata customer point of view, here we encourage our known ones to go towards tata and the showrooms act completely opposite.

You have paid the full price, and the vehicle is not registered, hence you have the full right to ask for other vehicle if after PDI you are not convinced with the vehicle. You can even ask for a full refund in extreme case. Car is in workshop for 3days? For a job that requires 4-5 hours max! This is a very sour experience. Just tell them that they are either alotting a new piece or a full refund, have these communications on mail and try to mark the tata regional manager on the mail.

Just when Tata products were starting to hit the ball out of the park, Tata sales people have gotten Casual & Overconfident, just like a decade back when they were selling indicas and indigos in high numbers. Recently many prospective buyers have experienced sour attitude from sales team, feels sad from a Tata customer point of view, here we encourage our known ones to go towards tata and the showrooms act completely opposite.
I completely agree with your comments. I do not see regional manager email ID in public domain, are these details displayed only in showrooms?

Nairrk

Honoured Member
As @ Suhelmak suggested, inform the dealer in writing not to register this car until unless you confirm. Also, if you have arranged a loan from a Bank and the Bank paid the money directly to the dealer, then please inform the bank about the problem so your Bank can also inform the Dealer to refund the money (some Banks may not bother all these things) .

Also, copy the mail you are sending to the dealer to TAMO also. In case you don't get their email id, then post it on their Facebook page.

As @ Suhelmak suggested, inform the dealer in writing not to register this car until unless you confirm. Also, if you have arranged a loan from a Bank and the Bank paid the money directly to the dealer, then please inform the bank about the problem so your Bank can also inform the Dealer to refund the money (some Banks may not bother all these things) .

Also, copy the mail you are sending to the dealer to TAMO also. In case you don't get their email id, then post it on their Facebook page.
Thanks for the inputs guys. Really appreciate the help.
I have received few photos from Tata SC after Dior realignment. Please have a look. Also it seems there is a slight gap in rear bumper right side, not sure if i should ask it to be refitted now or during service after handover.
Please have a look and let me know your thoughts, if the car is now fine by Tata motor standards (other car fitments).

Attachments

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Yes, from the photographs, it looks the door is now properly aligned (but in the last picture, there seems 1% difference - maybe it's not clear in the picture?). Suggest, go personally and check again all the doors (open/close few times and hear the sound) and if it's all okay then fine. But, in any case door alignment is not a big job (at the maximum you may have to change the door hinge).

Yes, from the photographs, it looks the door is now properly aligned (but in the last picture, there seems 1% difference - maybe it's not clear in the picture?). Suggest, go personally and check again all the doors (open/close few times and hear the sound) and if it's all okay then fine. But, in any case door alignment is not a big job (at the maximum you may have to change the door hinge).
Thanks a lot, even From photos I feel so, but wanted expert opinion. I will visit workshop today and check.
Other than this major issue, there were 2 minor issues for plastic fitment. Somehow SC and dealer seem very reticent to help with these, I will tell them again today.
Right side bumper too had a gap, as per my knowledge should be minor work. After these the car should be fine as a new car should be and I can get it home finally. :)

Attachments

Top Bottom