Tata Tiago Petrol XZ - A Layman's Long Term Ownership Review

Thread Starter #751
Try some warm water over the bulge, not sure about the method just Google more about it. Have seen videos of this method and I think it will work.
Thank you, I will give it a shot and update.
Look at the amount of existing Blemishes on White car, Looks like newbie driver.
Oh yea, his entire front bumper had scars and he looked scared as if he didn't even have papers. In less than 15 minutes of talks, we got 3K settlement from him.

Thread Starter #752
Weak Battery
Stock battery on my car was starting to give up after 3 years and 3 months of usage. It's not fully dead yet but causes audio system restart every time engine is cranked (for example, at a long traffic light). Also cranking voltage drops to ~9.2V which is another sign of ageing.

Some of my observations while I was shopping for a new battery:
1. Tiago has Right layout setup where +ve terminal is on the right side of the car (when looking from car's side, not when looking inside the hood). This is an uncommon layout and not many choices are available.
2. Petrol engine's battery spec is 44Ah / 310 CCA, which is not available in Amaron (which I wanted to try) but only in Exide & Tata Green (mostly due to Right layout).
3. Amaron don't have any model in R layout with 44 Ah. The next closest rating is 50Ah which costs about the same as Exide 44Ah model online.
4. Local battery shops quoted north of 5K after exchange for all brands/models and aren't interested in negotiating at all, forget about matching online rates.

So I have decided to go with Amaron 50Ah from their official online store (batterywale) for ~4600. I hope this 5Ah increase won't cause any issues down the line. Experts please advise.

Exide 44Ah R Layout:
Exide Mileage Red MREDDIN44R Car Battery at Best Price, Buy Exide Mileage Red MREDDIN44R Online
Exide, FMI0-MREDDIN44R | Buy Exide FMI0-MREDDIN44R model Car Batteries Online at Best Price in India | Merabattery.com

Amaron 50Ah R Layout:
Amaron, AAM-FL-550113042 | Buy Amaron AAM-FL-550113042 model Car Batteries Online at Best Price in Coimbatore in India | BatteryWale.com

bhvm

Honoured Member
No & No.
1. Difference of 5A to 10A in battery will be 1 or 2 seconds more recharge time. If you parallel another 80~100A battery (effectively Doubling or even tripling) your battery bank, it takes 10 to 15 minutes more, Believe me.

2. Alternator will not get overloaded. Its Electronically controlled unit which puts out its rated Amps and Rated voltage. Just Charging time may increase as specified above. Most alternators are just wasting power after 10~15 minutes of Cranking. Some cars have alternator disconnect clutch which will Engage it only when vehicle is coasting downhill or braking, thereby giving better economy and reducing parasitic drag.

Some nice answers and comments below-
https://www.quora.com/How-many-minu...e-car-or-truck-assuming-70-degree-temperature

Will share my own research if anyone is interested.
My subject-

ALTERNATOR INT FAN 120A B3: BOSCH 0124325078 -compatibility, features, prices. boodmo

Last edited:

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Thread Starter #759
Alright, the swap is done today. Ordered from Batterywale.com and paid via credit card at 10am. They showed up at 12:30pm with battery, albeit the wrong layout one. Went back and came with the correct layout by 2pm and did the swap in ~15 minutes. Battery was wrapped in polythene and was unwrapped in front of me. It also had the warranty slip stuck inside, which beared June-2019 as MFG date.

Link to Buy: Amaron, AAM-FL-550113042 | Buy Amaron AAM-FL-550113042 model Car Batteries Online at Best Price in Coimbatore in India | BatteryWale.com
Cost to wallet: ₹ 4550 after exchange

Cranking is real fast and the engine fires up in just 1 second. Old battery took easily 3 seconds to start.

1567598001005.png

Exide Out, Amaron In:
Exide_Amaron_collage.jpg

Green doesn't go well with orange but that's okay.
Amaron Engine Bay.jpg

Kudos to Amaron for this online initiative and fair pricing. I am really fed up of local shops whose only goal was to rip off customers.

I wish to see these additions in the next-generation Tiago: ISOfix mounts, rear adjustable headrests, balancer shaft for the three cylinders. As for BS 6 Revotron, that's a policy thing. Hope Tata brings out a BS 6 Revotron to put people's buying concerns to rest. A four-cylinder Revotron is too much to ask for.

Thread Starter #762
Seems a bit higher for Tiago resale. How much has the car clocked? You could easily negotiate another 50K or higher.
Its brand new.
Also it was my mis understanding, the car mfg is april2019.

They are giving discounts because xt is discontinued.
They strictly did not allow me to take insurance from outside as i am already getting too much discounts.

They strictly did not allow me to take insurance from outside as i am already getting too much discounts.
There is no "allow". The dealer cannot dictate terms on taking insurance with them only. it is your choice. Please put your foot down if you want to take your own insurance with a company of your choice.

Since it is a discontinued model, discount is normal and they cannot claim that as a reason to insist on taking their tie-up insurance.

Had very bad experience at my 4th service in Neyveli. Every time they used to gift me different scratches in my car but now they had something different for me. They have spilled battery acid all over my battery tray and they returned my vehicle without even cleaning it. I noticed it in the service centre itself and asked them to clean it. But they didn't clean that too properly. Anyone else tip me how to clean it

Top Bottom