Tata Tiago Petrol XZ - A Layman's Long Term Ownership Review

Thread Starter #661
Re: Tata Tiago Petrol XZ - A Layman's Review: 20,000 Kms Update

2 Years / 5th Service Update​
Car will complete 2 years by end of this month and got the 5th scheduled service done while I had the time for it. Odo stands at 27K and all is well except for the jerks I have to live with.

Scheduled Items:
- Engine Oil
- Oil Filter
- Fuel Filter
- Brake Oil
- Tire rotation, balancing & wheel alignment

Additional Items:
- 'C' Mount was found cracked and replaced under warranty. SA mentioned it as gear box mount to me.
- Wipers replaced under Gold AMC

Without AMC, it would have costed around 3.5 to 4K for this service. I am glad to have milked out enough from the 2 year Gold AMC I paid.

Invoice Copy: (Right click to open in new window for clarity)
IMG_20180516_222508_HHT.jpg

IMG_20180516_222602_HHT.jpg

Congrats prabhagar on completing the two years.
Wishing you many more miles of safe and happy motoring.

Any idea what is the IDV for 3rd year, i am in the process of getting my insurance renewed.

Insurance quote is around 14k for Zero Dep for 3rd year, but wanted to know the acceptable IDV.

Thread Starter #663

Congrats prabhagar on completing the two years.
Wishing you many more miles of safe and happy motoring.
Thank you sir!
Any idea what is the IDV for 3rd year, i am in the process of getting my insurance renewed.
Most of my quotes end with 3.6L IDV (prior year IDV was 4L).
Insurance quote is around 14k for Zero Dep for 3rd year, but wanted to know the acceptable IDV.
Which company is that and for what IDV? Below are some of the quotes I have so far. These are for IDV of 3.6L and zero-dep, along with 20% NCB:
- Tata AIG - 10.7K (RSA, Loss of Key, personal belongings, Emergency hotel stay)
- Future Generali - 11.1K (RSA, Loss of Key, personal belongings, Emergency hotel stay)
- TMI (National Insurance thru dealer) - 10.9K
- New India - 10.8K (IDV 3.8L)

I may go with Future Generali or New India as both of them accept PayTm payments.

Err. I am no sir.[;)]

Most of my quotes end with 3.6L IDV (prior year IDV was 4L).

Which company is that and for what IDV? Below are some of the quotes I have so far. These are for IDV of 3.6L and zero-dep, along with 20% NCB:
- Tata AIG - 10.7K (RSA, Loss of Key, personal belongings, Emergency hotel stay)
- Future Generali - 11.1K (RSA, Loss of Key, personal belongings, Emergency hotel stay)
- TMI (National Insurance thru dealer) - 10.9K
- New India - 10.8K (IDV 3.8L)

I may go with Future Generali or New India as both of them accept PayTm payments.
Mine is National insurance previous IDV was 4,12,000/-
I just checked few quotes from ET money app, IDV is being shown around 3,82,500/-

But if i take 30 % of depreciation in the 3rd year, the IDV should be around 3,42,500/-

Let me see the quote after i get it from the Insurance office.

And also, my car met with a freak and strange accident last week. Right after clocking 28,000 kms on ODO.

That too at the speeds of 10-20 kmph.
Will come to that later.

So no NCB of 20% for me this time.
Luckily Zero dep came to my rescue.

Err. I am no sir.[;)]

Mine is National insurance previous IDV was 4,12,000/-
I just checked few quotes from ET money app, IDV is being shown around 3,82,500/-

But if i take 30 % of depreciation in the 3rd year, the IDV should be around 3,42,500/-

Let me see the quote after i get it from the Insurance office.
Usually ball park its 10% depreciation per year. Of course -5% to -10% variation might always be there.

Insurance renewed from Future Generali via PlanCover.com for Rs11,150. Below is the break up of cost. They will send policy copy later today.
View attachment 244875
Prabhagar.
I am about to go with renewal of my Tiagos Zero Dep Insurance this week.
IDV is 3,60,500/-
Premium quoted is around 14,129/-
But it is going to come around 9.5 k INR.
Probably, I will go for towing or RSA this time.

Insurance renewed from Future Generali via PlanCover.com for Rs11,150. Below is the break up of cost. They will send policy copy later today.
View attachment 244875

Hi,

mine is Tiago XT, pending for renewal next month.

I came across quotes in policybazar for 8k through 14k for coverage around 3,50,000 with zero dip...

Is it safe to purchase insurance online... Is there anything to add, and why there is much difference online vs at the dealer or insurance company directly.. Pls anyone clarify...

Thank you

Attachments

Thread Starter #672

Is it safe to purchase insurance online... Is there anything to add, and why there is much difference online vs at the dealer or insurance company directly..
Hi Murali,
Yes it is safe to buy online. I believe zero-dep (also called as Bumper 2 Bumper) add on should suffice but there are a lot of such add-ons to chose from. Dealer's pricing is on the higher side because they have fat profit margins on selling insurance products to us. For in depth information on insurance, please go through below threads:
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...e-insurance-general-questions-discussion.html
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ccident-third-party-claims-insurance-etc.html

That is a terrific deal then [clap]. Would love to see breakup and add-on's opted.
Hey Prabhagar,
Looks like the quote given to me was without GST.
It came down to 11,543/- for zero dep and cashless.
But the good thing is price came down from the originally quoted 14,129/-
image.jpeg

Thread Starter #674

Hey Prabhagar,
Looks like the quote given to me was without GST.
It came down to 11,543/- for zero dep and cashless.
Ah ok that explains it.

By the way, car officially completed 2 years as of yesterday. Pampered with a nice wash this afternoon.
2 years car wash.jpg

Thank you Prabhagar,

I would go with online then. One more question, how much IDV should I go with... By default, it came as around 3,20,000 (XT varient). Is it good to get higher IDV of waste of money (no claims for 2 years)

Hi Murali,
Yes it is safe to buy online. I believe zero-dep (also called as Bumper 2 Bumper) add on should suffice but there are a lot of such add-ons to chose from. Dealer's pricing is on the higher side because they have fat profit margins on selling insurance products to us. For in depth information on insurance, please go through below threads:
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...e-insurance-general-questions-discussion.html
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ccident-third-party-claims-insurance-etc.html

Top Bottom