Tata Tiago Petrol XZ - A Layman's Long Term Ownership Review

Thread Starter #541
Re: Tata Tiago Petrol XZ - A Layman's Review: Third Service Update

Asymmetric ORVMS and alloy wheels wow.
Prabhagar, I am sure you would love the BMW S1000RR superbike. It has asymmetric Headlights and fairing too. Get one [;)]
If I had that money, there would be a Hexa in my garage already [lol]. On a serious note, I have started inquiring car decor shops on wrapping the ORVMs but most of them (even well known folks) are shying away due to sharp curves in the design, wrap won't stick to plastics etc. I have managed to buy some carbon fiber wrap and will experiment (based on YouTube DIYs) with a less known shop who will listen to customers. Alternately, if I run into another orange Tiago that is replacing left ORVM, I will pursue swapping my painted ones with the replacement black cover. Let's see which of the two works out. [glasses]

Hi, wanted to know if you guys have the following issues with your Tiago:
*The driveside airvent pushes out warm air when AC is on, This is not at the extreme end of Blue but say quarter way up. rest of the vents send out cool air.
*Rev Needle doesn't turn Red at redline.

Thread Starter #543

*The driveside airvent pushes out warm air when AC is on, This is not at the extreme end of Blue but say quarter way up. rest of the vents send out cool air.
*Rev Needle doesn't turn Red at redline.
Hi there, I do not feel warm air in driver side vent even the dial is set 20% towards blue side. My rev needle also turned red back when I redlined it few weeks ago. Please get it checked with TASC.

Thread Starter #544

ORVM Cover:
Learned last week that ORVM cover is a separate part costing a mere Rs 173. My entire RHS mirror assembly was replaced for Rs 3700 (without painting) when I broke my cover last month. I called up my SA and asked to order the LHS cover to match both sides to black. Once it arrives, I have to check if it includes LED blinker cover and then [gun] my ASC for what they did. Either they didn't know such a part existed or taken me for a ride. Part number highlighted in below invoice copy of a fellow owner:
Mirror_Cover.jpg

RN 13 Update:
This is one of the best things happened to my ride. Power delivery is less jerky in lower gears and most importantly, ECO mode is more drive-able. I did not notice the typical power drop right after ECO mode engages. Don't get me wrong, it is still a dud but less dudder than before. I was able to drive with 3 on board + some luggage and AC in this mode for my weekend drive to native place.
RN13_Eco.jpg
As usual, this ODO mileage is highly overstated and my tank full calculation turned out to be 15'ish which included city driving at crawling speeds as well:
MileageReport.png

LED Boot Light:
Thanks to my good friend Guna (TN Tiago Group), he swapped my regular bulb in the boot with the spare LED he had. It took just 2 minutes to replace the bulb and the results are great. Number plates will also be swapped soon, I have to file the LED a little bit to fit into the slots.
Boot_Light_Collage.jpg

Wash & Wax:
It's been 2 months since previous wax and the timing worked out very well last Saturday for the ritual. Don't miss the clouds on my hood below [:D]
Wax.jpg
Wax_Collage.jpg

Last edited:

Hi there, I do not feel warm air in driver side vent even the dial is set 20% towards blue side. My rev needle also turned red back when I redlined it few weeks ago. Please get it checked with TASC.
Thank you for the reply; have to push them now as they said TATA has removed the module which makes the needle to turn red at redline on cars which are made post March 2017. Again, i'm quoting what SA at Hitech Auto, Bangalore told me. A bit cheesed off by his reply. Just got the second service done by them as I was in the vicinity.

Prabhagar you posted somewhere that Tata is using fully synthetic engine oil with the container of the oil. Can't find it. Can you help?

Thanks for the prompt reply!

I have changed the engine oil and oil filter during my second service (cost me total Rs 1502/-). They mentioned the same oil (Castrol Magnatec T 5W-30) in the bill but charged Rs. 350 (approx) per liter for the oil .
I could not understand how they are providing fully synthetic oil for such a low price. Fully synthetic ones are atleast around Rs. 1000 per liter.

I did not see the container but they are using individual containers for oil. I asked the SA and he told it is semi-synthetic.
[confused]

Thread Starter #549

Thanks for the prompt reply!

I have changed the engine oil and oil filter during my second service (cost me total Rs 1502/-). They mentioned the same oil (Castrol Magnatec T 5W-30) in the bill but charged Rs. 350 (approx) per liter for the oil .
I could not understand how they are providing fully synthetic oil for such a low price. Fully synthetic ones are atleast around Rs. 1000 per liter.

I did not see the container but they are using individual containers for oil. I asked the SA and he told it is semi-synthetic.
[confused]
It's a mystery to be solved. I will try my luck during next service visit to get a peek at their barrel. That fully synthetic can might be a one off case.

Re: Tata Tiago Petrol XZ - A Layman's Review: 10,000 Kms Milestone

Hey,
I got a chance to peak at the rear end of Harman unit and have posted here, if that helps you.
Tata said the Service manual can not be provided to the customer. I'm following it up.

BTW since you got your HU removed, do you remember the procedure for removing the central fascia panel surrounding the HU?

Got hold of the following HU from Aliexpress. The connector is same. Will try to install tomorrow:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Zee...lgo_pvid=5811a2e1-236b-496f-8fa2-66144e143230

Last edited:
Thread Starter #551
Re: Tata Tiago Petrol XZ - A Layman's Review: 10,000 Kms Milestone

Tata said the Service manual can not be provided to the customer. I'm following it up.
That's a bummer, please do post back on what you hear from them.
BTW since you got your HU removed, do you remember the procedure for removing the central fascia panel surrounding the HU?
Just use a plastic prying tool and pick it out. Remember to not use metal ones like screw drivers which will create scars on the plastics like mine.
Got hold of the following HU from Aliexpress. The connector is same. Will try to install tomorrow:
All the best buddy, let us know how it goes. [thumbsup]

hi friends,
I am new to this portal and I am planning to buy my first car. I am considering tata tiago xza varient. Please give opinion regarding this variant. I am in trichy, TN and got a quotation from Cauveri garage PVT ltd. I am mentioning the quotation details below. Please comment on the quotation amount and suggest me if I can do anything to save some money.

Ex-show room price Rs.541616
Insurance Rs.25163
Tax, reg, Hand Charge Rs.60962
EXT warranty Rs.4602
AMC Rs.4030

Total Rs.638373

Regards
Hari K P

Akash1886

Honoured Member

hi friends,
I am new to this portal and I am planning to buy my first car. I am considering tata tiago xza varient. Please comment on the quotation amount and suggest me if I can do anything to save some money.

Ex-show room price Rs.541616
Insurance Rs.25163
Tax, reg, Hand Charge Rs.60962
EXT warranty Rs.4602
AMC Rs.4030

Total Rs.638373
Buddy, You may buy insurance from outside or tell the dealer to match the quote to other insurance provider's quote. I did the same while buying Tigor this year. Secondly, the "Handling Charges" are totally unethical so do not pay that at any cost. Do negotiate very very hard on the accessories if you plan to buy them from dealer.

PS: You may delay the Extended Warranty by an Year or so since the new car would be coming with a standard warranty. Consider buying the extended warranty after an year.

Regards

Akash

Last edited:

Hi all,
I didn't know such a thread existed. Had I known earlier I would have checked it by now. Anyways I have almost read all the comments posted in this thread in regards to my new car Tata Tiago. I have bought it just over 2 months and had my first servicing done.
No issue was there at all, everything runned so smoothly till day before yesterday when I realized that car is vibrating at idle.
By the way I had Tiago XZ 1.2 petrol. And it was manufactured in the month of June, 2017 and I bought it In August.
Till day before yesterday there was no vibration at idle, but all of a sudden it's vibrating. I switched off the ac, still it's vibrating. But the moment I increase the rpm it gets smoother - no vibration at all.
The steering, the gear box, the driver's sit and even the passenger seat next to driver's seat is also vibrating. And it's very annoying as the traffic in kolkata is very infamous. So one can't handle this vibration siting idle in a car while having a B2B traffic.
I had talked to the Kolkata service center lady today - Lexus Motors and they have asked me to bring the car on coming Monday.
I don't know why it's happening. But I have read so many comments in regards to vibration in this thread that I'm a bit confused. Someone says that keeping the ac off reduces the vibration, someone says change/replace some parts and some others say replace something else all together. Some even says that being a 3 potter it's normal. My concern is if it was normal then why wasn't it there from day 1? Why now after 2 and a half months it starts vibrating all of a sudden. However it's absolutely smooth on the move.
Can someone please throw some light on this? Is it some thing very serious. And I must confess it's not just a sporadic vibration, it's continuous and very irritating as if I'm sitting in an old ambassador kind of stuff.
Here I would like to say this is my first car and I have no idea about these cars whatsoever. I have only driven my father's endeavor (earlier) and later on city ivtech.
Please suggest.

Buddy, You may buy insurance from outside or tell the dealer to match the quote to other insurance provider's quote. I did the same while buying Tigor this year. Secondly, the "Handling Charges" are totally unethical so do not pay that at any cost. Do negotiate very very hard on the accessories if you plan to buy them from dealer.

PS: You may delay the Extended Warranty by an Year or so since the new car would be coming with a standard warranty. Consider buying the extended warranty after an year.

Regards

Akash
Thanks Akash four your comments.
Anybody got P2P plan for tata tiago. Here in tirichy the SA is not aware of such plan. He says only AMC available. Is this region specific?
I request prabhakar to comment on this as he got his tiago from coimbatore.

Regards
HARI K P

Top Bottom