Tata Tiago Petrol XZ - A Layman's Long Term Ownership Review

Re: Tata Tiago Petrol XZ - A Layman's Review: Third Service Update

^^ I would suggest you to check the wheel balancing & alignment outside. Any bosch centre will do. You can also check out VOC park or near Gold wins to find better wheel alignment shops, which in my opinion does better job at this than Company owned A.S.S! Give it a try and see it for yourself.

Thread Starter #512

Hi FD, The previous alignment was actually done outside (Sri Vaari Aligners) during alloy installation. I will give Bosch a try next week before TASC.

Thread Starter #513

My generic bumper lip order from Aliexpress was delivered last week by India Post. Installed it in less than 10 minutes this morning after going through some YouTube tutorials. It comes with 3M double sided tape pre-installed so installation is just about cleaning the under side of bumper, peeling the 3M tape cover (in small lengths) and slowly sticking it along to match the bumper's curves, and finally trimming off excess at the edges. However, the edges do not stick properly and I have to use a super glue (like Anabond) on them.
Product Link: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2-5...32756641033.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.K26UVM
Cost: $12.91

IMG_20170827_080813.jpg

IMG_20170827_080901.jpg

Last edited:

The bumper lip bought by Prabhagar Ji is unbranded and expensive. The rubber looks good but I doubt the 3m tape would hold it well.

SAMURAI makes good quality bumper lips with wide range of color options, including carbon fiber finish. Costs between 700 to 800 and its available locally in Autotrends website. Link to bumper lips.

Preparation is very important before affixing the bumper lip, otherwise it will peel off. Short guide: The clean the surface with strong shampoo and then use IPA to remove any residue. If the bumper has chips (Due to scraping and stone hits), use 1000 sand paper to smooth en the surface and wash again.

Once the surface is clean and smooth, start affixing the bumper lip. Check youtube videos for the same. Incase the edge doesn't hold properly, use the provided screws and washer.

Thread Starter #515

TML has been replacing cabin roof lamps of initial batches and mine was done this afternoon at my doorstep. I did have the issue since delivery but didn't bother to get it replaced as it occurred only rarely (light would appear dim which would become alright by a slight touch at the switch). Front wiper blades were also replaced for the umpteenth time for no apparent reason. I guess they have a special target to achieve in wiper numbers [lol]. I was also asked to sign a satisfaction letter which made this replacement look like a solution to my complaint.

New lamp looks same as old one but with a better feedback on the switch. Note just the glass area was replaced, not the whole plastic covering it.
New_Lamp.jpg

Part number and cost, if anyone cares to know:
Part_Number.jpg

Last edited:
Thread Starter #516

This happened on Monday while on our way to attend a function. I should have stopped, chased that Xylo guy for compensation but missed to do that. To add to this, direct sunlight during early morning meant his number plate was not clear enough to trace either. [frustration]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmU0Poj9rW0

Broken ORVM. Cover was thrown away upon impact. LEDs were still functioning and so did the electronic adjustment.
Broken_Mirror.jpg

ORVM assemblies are one of the high profit margin spares for most car companies. Even the glass piece is not sold separately as a child part. The assembly costs ~Rs 3500 without painting:

Invoice.jpg

I avoided painting as I was planning to black out (glossy carbon fiber) both ORVMs anyways. Noticed the new mirror's cover is a two piece setup connected at the line marked below:
Split_Black.jpg

Old mirror on LHS does not have this:
Split_Orange.jpg

As usual the MRP label was torn and I noticed this only after reaching home.
MRP.jpg

Broken old assembly is resting in peace, possibly to help another owner in future:
Old_Mirror.jpg

Driving around with this ugly looks since Monday:
Full_View.jpg

Last edited:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

That's a hard hit. Moron didn't wait for the breza to complete the overtaking.
Anyways you should have uploaded this before. Even my car's orvm cover was broken. I bought just the outer cover from the local market for 200rs. I did ask the service centre and they too told me it will come as a complete assembly.
Don't you have a local genuine spare market in coimbatore.? You can get these parts on discounts.
FYi - my verna's orvm costs 3200 from hass , 2900rs from local market after 10% discount. Tiago's at 3500rs is [frustration]

Last edited:

MRP missing should be escalated to TATA Motors. May be ORVM costs less than what you were billed for. Any ideas what is the cost of ORVM for other brands.

Thread Starter #519

That's a hard hit. Moron didn't wait for the breza to complete the overtaking.
Anyways you should have uploaded this before. Even my car's orvm cover was broken. I bought just the outer cover from the local market for 200rs. I did ask the service centre and they too told me it will come as a complete assembly.
Don't you have a local genuine spare market in coimbatore.? You can get these parts on discounts.
FYi - my verna's orvm costs 3200 from hass , 2900rs from local market after 10% discount. Tiago's at 3500rs is [frustration]
There are a couple of genuine spare shops here but I never thought Tiago spares would be available. Outer cover + LED cover from local market would have been a lot cheaper, lesson learnt the hard way.

MRP missing should be escalated to TATA Motors. May be ORVM costs less than what you were billed for. Any ideas what is the cost of ORVM for other brands.
Yes this was the case with activ alloy wheels as well. I tend to think if this has to do anything with GST. From FB/WhatsApp owners, the rate of the assembly is the same across India. Some manufacturers are even worse, TAIger CRACING told me that Honda doesn't sell one mirror assembly, we have to buy it as a pair [:)].

Some manufacturers are even worse, TAIger CRACING told me that Honda doesn't sell one mirror assembly, we have to buy it as a pair [:)].
It was way back in 2013 when I bought my car and took it for first servicing. Driver side mirror was malfunctioning and I asked SA for the cost of new mirror. He said 6k for pair + painting and single side is not available. That day I realized, how costly it is to own Honda but anyway, I didn't spend a bomb on it so far. [glasses]

Later found that controller itself is faulty and not the mirror. Cost of it is 4k in Honda ASC but I got it from ebay instead for 2k.

I know OEM single side mirror assembly is available for purchase but its some authorized service centers giving false information and loot newcomers. [frustration]

Got this from a different forum. Honda City 4th Gen Single Side Electronic Folding Mirror:
Cost of mirror assembly - Rs. 5600/- approx
Cost of mirror shell - Rs. 1500/- approx
Cost of painting - Rs. 1000/- approx

Manual folding mirror assembly should be cheaper.

Last edited:

Guys in the other forum there is a news reported saying Tiago XT Revotron AMT is going to launch. Still not clear whether XZA will coexist with XTA or XTA will be the sole AMT variant. What's Tata thinking ? Any news from your dealers/ insiders ?
@jagrover, Today I have booked Tiago XTA Petrol. Yes, XZA and XTA do coexist (at least until now).

@jagrover, Today I have booked Tiago XTA Petrol. Yes, XZA and XTA do coexist (at least until now).
Congrats on your booking. I see no reason to dis-continue either of the 2 variants. A lot of people prefer automatic with top or one below the top variant. New Dzire for instance has AMT in almost all variants.

Congrats on your booking. I see no reason to dis-continue either of the 2 variants. A lot of people prefer automatic with top or one below the top variant. New Dzire for instance has AMT in almost all variants.
Thank you Tarik. [:)]
Looking forward to the delivery in 8-10 days.

Hello Tiago Owners,
I'm Planning to buy Tiago Revotorq XZ for my daily use. My monthly car usage would be around 1500 - 2000 kms. I would like to know what all CONS present in this vehicle as of now? I have decided to buy Tiago only, I just have to prepare myself for the Cons. I already Own Hyundai Verna Fluidic, which have crossed 60K kms. So to reduce the Usage of Verna, to have a better run in the city and a better mileage i would prefer a Hatchback which i zeroed to Tiago.

Thread Starter #525

Hello Tiago Owners,
I'm Planning to buy Tiago Revotorq XZ for my daily use. My monthly car usage would be around 1500 - 2000 kms. I would like to know what all CONS present in this vehicle as of now? I have decided to buy Tiago only, I just have to prepare myself for the Cons.
Hi Karthik,
I have not driven the Diesel Tiago except for a 500m short test drive. Please ask your question in below threads for a wider reach and response.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...99-tata-tiago-technical-issues-solutions.html
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...5-tata-tiago-review-pictures-tatas-tiara.html

Top Bottom