Tata Tiago Petrol XZ - A Layman's Long Term Ownership Review

Thread Starter #453
Re: Tata Tiago Petrol XZ - A Layman's Review: Third Service Update

Hey guys,
I have ventured into detailing my car with help from our fellow TAIger CRACING. Many thanks to him for answering all my dumb questions on detailing. Sharing some pictures here and the process I followed is explained in the Exhaustive Detailing Thread.

Tiago_Detailing_Products.jpg

227990d1498828167t-exhaustive-guide-car-detailing-basics-a00_img_20170625_094233_edit.jpg

227991d1498828167t-exhaustive-guide-car-detailing-basics-a01_img_20170625_100249.jpg

227992d1498828167t-exhaustive-guide-car-detailing-basics-a02_img_20170625_100530.jpg

227993d1498828167t-exhaustive-guide-car-detailing-basics-a03_img_20170625_124727.jpg

227994d1498828167t-exhaustive-guide-car-detailing-basics-a04_img_20170626_142931.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_yRZcyb8Rs

Prabhagar .. Thanks for this wonderful review.

Could you please help me with the below queries:
1. How much mileage are you getting in the city with AC on ? Has the mileage improved after 3rd service?
2. Is the petrol engine reliable for long term usage ?
Thanks.

Thread Starter #456

1. How much mileage are you getting in the city with AC on ? Has the mileage improved after 3rd service?
2. Is the petrol engine reliable for long term usage ?
Hi Siddh, Please see my replies below:
1. I do not drive my car daily for office commute so my mileage numbers are always mixed with city + highway (single laned).
2. We hope it will be reliable in the long run (one proof would be the 50,000 KM endurance test done by Tata on these engines).

@Prabhagar, in the second last pic your parking skills have just vowed me!
Hi Abhisek, Don't be wow'ed yet, I cannot park this myself without guidance, unless I come out myself to see the clearance after every inch [lol].

Hi Prabhagar,

Read many of your posts today. It was really informative. Photos are also good. Thanks. Just following this thread and reading more for now.

Might seek your help for accessories and mods.

I too got my Tiago XZA recently from SRT Tata, Kovai (via their stall in Tiruppur actually). But I work and stay in Chennai.

- Siva

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Dear buddy, After seeing your wonderful efforts for keeping the car in best shape, I have a suggestion for you. I feel you can check out a good design for the alloys. I feel gun-metal color alloys will look fab on the car. Just a thought!

Saw these 2 good designs on google.

Calibre-CCR-Gunmetal_18627_600.jpg

productlarge_11040_600.jpg

Regards

Akash

Last edited:
Thread Starter #459

Might seek your help for accessories and mods.
I too got my Tiago XZA recently from SRT Tata, Kovai (via their stall in Tiruppur actually). But I work and stay in Chennai.
Hi Siva, I appreciate your feedback on my thread and glad you liked it so far. Congrats on your new XZA, looking forward to your experience with the AMT. I am no expert on mods/accessories but I sure will try to answer your questions as much as I know. [:)]

Dear buddy, After seeing your wonderful efforts for keeping the car in best shape, I have a suggestion for you. I feel you can check out a good design for the alloys. I feel gun-metal color alloys will look fab on the car. Just a thought!
Hi Akash ji,
Appreciate your suggestions and I do love those alloy designs you shared. In fact, it was the first thing I started searching after initial months of purchasing my car. However, I had to shelf this for a couple of years due to several reasons including warranty voiding, inset/offset mismatch, tyre rubbing against wheel well, alloy vendors not knowing the technical know-how on some of my questions etc. Now that you have tickled me with the pics, I might as well start the hunt again. [glasses]

bhvm

Honoured Member

Buddy the car is just Gleaming with all the detailing effort you have made!
And yes, that Parking scared me a bit too! LOL.

I'll say you have purchased the perfect car that fits in the parking space so perfectly! Did you measure the parking before buying the car?

Thread Starter #461

Thank you bhvm [:)].
The parking space was pure luck, if I ended up buying a Jazz, it wouldn't fit there. Also, its my parents' place where I visit once a fortnight or so, and my current living has no covered parking to protect the car from environmental elements. This was of the primary reasons to to try out detailing myself, the other being the high cost of professional services like 3M Car Care.

Thread Starter #462

Yo guys,
Got myself an armrest last week and its a special one [glasses]. It's a DIY setup created by TAIger Gurubhai bypassing almost all negative points of generic / after market arm rests.
  • Fully usable center console bottle holder (the only one in Tiago which can hold a tall and wide bottle.
  • No drilling or screwing required. Fits snuggly between front seats. Chances of being thrown around in a crash are slim.
  • Can use handbrake without lifting the arm piece upward.
  • Install and remove in seconds, no fiddling with alignments.
  • Foam padded, soft fabric for comfort.
  • Costs only Rs 500 :biggrin:

00 Arm Rest.jpg

Custom made, specially for Tiago:
01 Open_Close.jpg

Fully usable center console bottle holder:
02 Center_Console.jpg

Gear shifts are a bliss now:
03 Gear Shift.jpg

Can use handbrake even without lifting the arm up:
04 Hand_Brake.jpg

Blends well with the interiors.
05 Overview.jpg

Yo guys,
Got myself an armrest last week and its a special one [glasses]. It's a DIY setup created by TAIger Gurubhai bypassing almost all negative points of generic / after market arm rests.

[
Looks great.
Where is it available?

Just to update all of you. My car reached to the dealer on Saturday. By the time the price dropped almost 26K for Tiago XZ. So, I asked dealer about the new price. They are doing some dilemma about that as they already made the invoice. Hope I will get the new price. Hope for the best.

Top Bottom