Tata Tiago Petrol XZ - A Layman's Long Term Ownership Review

Re: Tata Tiago Petrol XZ - A Layman's Review: 10,000 Kms Milestone

6,500/alloy is too steep in my opinion for 14" wheels. You would be able to get decent ones from outside for 4-5k/alloy IMO (in case you are not keen on the stock alloys)
Indeed. But my Tiago already comes with OEM siover alloys so thought to leave it as it is.
Anyways my Tiago isn't worth spending a penny on.

Re: Tata Tiago Petrol XZ - A Layman's Review: 10,000 Kms Milestone

Yes, just two options for us. I recommend you visit both the places at least twice to get a better picture. I personally felt SRT to be much better in terms of follow ups and purchase experience.
Will definitely have a look on both the Dealers

Thread Starter #438
Re: Tata Tiago Petrol XZ - A Layman's Review: Third Service Update

A few minor updates guys:

Second Year Insurance:
Being second year, I decided to skip a few add-ons like invoice price cover, engine cover, key cover, spare car clause from first year policy (Royal Sundaram). After getting quotes from several providers with almost similar pricing, I decided to try out TASC's insurance which is tied up with National Insurance with cashless claims across all Tata ASCs nationwide. The only add-on cover added was NIL depreciation and the total premium turned out to be Rs 11068 (down from Rs16.5K last year).
SecondYearInsurance.jpg

PUC Certificate:
Got my car's emission test done from a nearby authorized pollution test center which costed Rs100. Learned from a few of my colleagues that none of them gets this tested on their cars ever, as no cop asks for it. I will continue to test my emissions every 6 months as mandated by Tamil Nadu RTO. [glasses]
Tiago_PUC_Edit.jpg

Heavy Foot:
Off late, I have been doing some heavy foot driving and the mileage dropped only by ~1 KPL (TFTF method) with this kind of driving for the most part. My typical up-shifts are at are above 2.5K RPM and goes up to 3K+ during overtakes like these. Here are some samples from my dashcam, with 3.5 on board and some luggage with AC on blower 2.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqqOVSX-6Qc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc7U7lZwg-E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeTHscX8yiA

TN Owners Meet @ Yercaud:
A bunch of Tiago owners have planned to meet at Yercaud next weekend for a get together and tour of the hill station. Can't wait to see a bunch of Tiago's, driving from Chennai and Coimbatore [:D].

Hey Prabhagar,
I got a free emission test at my office on environment day.
For BS4 vehicles, it's valid for one year here in Karnataka.
And the certificate price is 90₹ (free for me).

Also th IDV is 4,12,000/- for second year.

How much has the car clocked now?

Thread Starter #440

Hey Prabhagar,
I got a free emission test at my office on environment day.
For BS4 vehicles, it's valid for one year here in Karnataka.
And the certificate price is 90₹ (free for me).

Also th IDV is 4,12,000/- for second year.

How much has the car clocked now?
Hi Mukesh,
Glad your PUC was done at your place for free during environment day camp. My dealership sent us a WhatsApp invite for that but I did not wanted to drive up and wait there just for this purpose. TN RTO does not specify special test frequency for BS4 vehicles so I went with the generic rule on their website (link here).
Reg IDV, I agree it has to be 4.12L for second year, with 85% of invoice price. As it matters only during total loss, I did not bother much.
My ODO will cross 13500 KM today [:)].

A few minor updates guys:

Heavy Foot:
I took my Tiago XZP to a 250kms trip last sunday, through some beautiful smooth village roads I enjoyed it fully. While coming back there were only 2 people in car and AC was on 1, I did some heavy foot driving (unlike my sedate driving style) and I was surprised how this car performed. Car's handling, braking, lovely steering feedback and suspensions made this car a fun to drive car. I specially liked braking, so very confidence inspiring. Put the car in right gear and keep it above 2k RPM, car runs well.

And oh, I forgot to tell you the car was in ECO mode as I am in love with that mode. [:D]

Today after 12 days of booking, they told me that the engine number and chassis number is allocated for me. Now they are saying the car will take 10 days to reach Bangalore from Gujrat plant. Don't know how true it is. Also they are saying they will invoice the car in June itself.
My question is:
Is it a good idea to invoice the car before itself it reaches Bangalore? Or Before seeing my car (pre-delivery)?
Also, I am thinking to go with insurance (Royal Sundaram to be specific). Anyone have any idea about that? I can get the insurance online, but how will they inspect the vehicle and is there any time period for that, means, after I get the insurance online how much time will take for them to inspect the vehicle?
Is the Chassis number and Vin number is same, and how to decode that?

Thanks in advance for all your guides.

Today after 12 days of booking, they told me that the engine number and chassis number is allocated for me. Now they are saying the car will take 10 days to reach Bangalore from Gujrat plant. Don't know how true it is. Also they are saying they will invoice the car in June itself.
My question is:
Is it a good idea to invoice the car before itself it reaches Bangalore? Or Before seeing my car (pre-delivery)?
Also, I am thinking to go with insurance (Royal Sundaram to be specific). Anyone have any idea about that? I can get the insurance online, but how will they inspect the vehicle and is there any time period for that, means, after I get the insurance online how much time will take for them to inspect the vehicle?
Is the Chassis number and Vin number is same, and how to decode that?

Thanks in advance for all your guides.
Onkur, chassis number and vin number are same. Invoice the car only after you do the PDI. Are you buying from Prerna Motors? I remember they were very hesitant for PDI so I purchased from KHT. I too went for RS. For a new car there is no inspection (even for older car I think only pics need to be mailed depends on company to company). After PDI, note diwn engine and chassis number and pay them online, you'll get your insurance and you can then register it on your name(RTO)

Thread Starter #444

It's normal for 10 days of transit for the car. I do not prefer to invoice the car before completing your PDI because if you are not satisfied with the car, it will not be easy to change the car. I hope you have not paid them in full by now, if you did, there is nothing you can do here, they will anyway go ahead and invoice it in June, to meet their monthly targets.
As with insurance, new cars do not require inspections, they only need your chassis number (VIN number) and engine number to insure it.

Onkur, chassis number and vin number are same. Invoice the car only after you do the PDI. Are you buying from Prerna Motors? I remember they were very hesitant for PDI so I purchased from KHT. I too went for RS. For a new car there is no inspection (even for older car I think only pics need to be mailed depends on company to company). After PDI, note diwn engine and chassis number and pay them online, you'll get your insurance and you can then register it on your name(RTO)
Thanks Abhishek. I am buying it from KHT motor. If they don't do the invoice in this month GST will be apply http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/images/smilies/7.gif. I will go for RS.

It's normal for 10 days of transit for the car. I do not prefer to invoice the car before completing your PDI because if you are not satisfied with the car, it will not be easy to change the car. I hope you have not paid them in full by now, if you did, there is nothing you can do here, they will anyway go ahead and invoice it in June, to meet their monthly targets.
As with insurance, new cars do not require inspections, they only need your chassis number (VIN number) and engine number to insure it.
Thanks Prabhakar. I am eagerly waiting for PDI, but the car is still not yet come. What to do? With out PDI I am also not willing to do invoice. But if not done in this month next onth GST will apply http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/images/smilies/11.gif. I haven't paid them till now. Just booking amount.[confused]

Is there any way to get the car info from TATA?

Thread Starter #447

Hi, Your dealer should be able to give the VIN number if the car is in transit. Between GST and PDI you have to take the risk, though my preference would be PDI over GST. In any case please get the VIN number from dealer before invoicing, should you pick the GST route. All the best.

Hi, Your dealer should be able to give the VIN number if the car is in transit. Between GST and PDI you have to take the risk, though my preference would be PDI over GST. In any case please get the VIN number from dealer before invoicing, should you pick the GST route. All the best.
Yes dealer gave me chassis number, which apparently is the VIN number I assume. Don't know should I pick GST route or not, But probably I think I have to take the risk of invoicing.[confused]

bhvm

Honoured Member

Heavy Foot:
Off late, I have been doing some heavy foot driving and the mileage dropped only by ~1 KPL (TFTF method) with this kind of driving for the most part. My typical up-shifts are at are above 2.5K RPM and goes up to 3K+ during overtakes like these. Here are some samples from my dashcam,.
Whats TFTF method~?

Top Bottom