Tata Tiago Petrol XZ - A Layman's Long Term Ownership Review

Re: Tata Tiago Petrol XZ - A Layman's Review: 10,000 Kms Milestone

It seems the thread is pretty much alive. [:D]
I am new in this forum. I have couple of things to know. I am staying in Bangalore. I am looking for a new car, and then saw the Tiago. I loved the car. But the problem is I have heard that Tata service center is not good in Bangalore and the dealers are always fooling and getting more money when you are buy a Tata car. I am not going to talk about any other car company. So, my questions are below:
1. Is it good to buy Tiago in Bangalore?
2. If, yes, then which dealer is good?
3. After sales service which dealer is good?
4. I am planning to take insurance outside not from dealer? which insurance company to look for?
5. What about RTO tax? everyone is quoting almost 78-80K as RTO tax for Tiago XZ version.
6. Dealer is saying Tata stop manufacturing XZ of Tiago w/o Alloy wheel. Not sure how true it is.
7. Planning to go for SBI loan. Any idea how to get it directly from SBI.

Any help will be helpful for me. I am a new buyer and don't know how to negotiate with dealer.
Today I went to Aadya Motors in Bangalore. They gave me offer. It seems they have November 2016 Tiago XZ model and if I go for that they will give me 40K discount. Is it good to go with 2016 Nov model. Please reply.

Thread Starter #423

I am new in this forum. I have couple of things to know. I am staying in Bangalore.
Today I went to Aadya Motors in Bangalore. They gave me offer. It seems they have November 2016 Tiago XZ model and if I go for that they will give me 40K discount. Is it good to go with 2016 Nov model. Please reply.
Hi, I am not from Bangalore but hopefully someone will reply to your questions. You could also post your questions in the official Tiago review thread below:
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...iew-pictures-tatas-tiara.html?highlight=tiara

I would stay away from that Nov-2016 car. There may be issues with it which is why it sat in their inventory for so long. Tiago has been selling decent numbers since last year without the need for inventory pile up.

Re: Third Service Update - 12750 KMs

Took my Tiago for third service this morning. Checked in at 9am and checked out by 12:30pm which is pretty quick from my previous experiences. Clocked 12770 KM on the ODO which is some 2000+ less for third service but its close to 1 year and so cannot wait for 15K.

Scheduled Service:
- Oil & Filter change
- Air filter cleaning
- Check brakes
- Tyre rotation, wheel balancing and alignment
- Clean cabin air

Issues/Requests:
- Reverse park assist and reverse lights stopped working a couple of weeks ago. Learned from other owners that the switch had gone kaput for several of them. It was replaced under warranty.
- Front wiper worn out. Replaced under warranty.
- Rear wiper spray did not work. Fixed.
- Loud tak tak noise when driving with windows partially rolled down. This is also a known issue with Tiago, I believe winder motors are being replaced for this. Did not bother as I rarely drive with rolled down windows.
- Avoided washer liquid top up. Recently bought Proklear winshield wash concentrate and topped up just two days back.
- Avoided swirl marks by politely rejecting their car wash & vacuum. Had the engine bay cleaned up.
- Apparently, my ECU calibration file version is still RN09, came to know they do not update unless there are any problems reported by owners. Since it was getting late, I did not bother waiting another hour for this and decided to get it done some other day.

Wiper Issue:
View attachment 226352

Oil drained. I requested to be present when draining so I can get to see the condition of oil.
View attachment 226348

Washed last weekend so avoided getting swirl marks with TML's car wash:
View attachment 226346

Wheel alignment report. Notice the caster value which is still out of threshold after alignment. God knows the reasoning behind this.
View attachment 226350

Invoice Copy. It will be an estimate until it is claimed by my dealer (Gold AMC). Paid only for wheel balancing weights.
View attachment 226351

No service visit is complete without gifts [lol]:
View attachment 226347

View attachment 226349
Thanks for the update Prabhagar.
How has been your experience on the wheel alignment, after the service?
How was the engine oil condition?
In my case it was black during the 1500 kms service.

I have fixed an appointment for my vehicle this 17th June, when it completes a year on that day.

Here i am lucky with the washing team, they have all the required tools to clean the car.
They have micro fibre cloth.
Will update my experience of one year service in another two weeks.

Re: Third Service Update - 12750 KMs

I think it is better to get alignment done at a independent workshop.

If the car is a petrol car the engine oil should not turn black. Diesel oils turns black pretty soon after change, sometimes after 200 km.

Dear sir,
I don't see any illumination in my dashboard in dark like the knobs and switches of infotainment system.Is there some setting that stops it from glowing?

Thread Starter #427

Thanks for the update Prabhagar.
Hi Mukesh,
Alignment felt good but I do not run on highways so cannot really confirm 100%. I did not notice any issues in my regular routes (single carriageways). I have clocked about 200 KM since service.

Mine was black too. When I commented about it, they replied Diesel engine's oil will even be darker and this is normal for Tiago. They also claimed that oil drain nut has a magnet inside to pull any metal pieces, if at all they get into the sump. Please do let us know your oil condition when they drain, I missed to click a picture when they drained mine. [frustration]

I have fixed an appointment for my vehicle this 17th June, when it completes a year on that day.
I just completed one year on 2nd June [:)]. I was so busy with work that day and felt bad I could not take it for a spin. So I decided to gift a nice wash at a local water service place where I requested to use my shampoo and micro fiber cloths along with my never ending directions on the wash process.
IMG_20170603_080648.jpg

IMG_20170603_090031.jpg
Here i am lucky with the washing team, they have all the required tools to clean the car.
They have micro fibre cloth. Will update my experience of one year service in another two weeks.
I noticed this in your thread too, and have been envious of you [evil]. Looking forward to your third service update. Please also get the RN13 ECU update, I hear from owners that this makes the engine a bit smoother, possibly with a little compromise in power.

I think it is better to get alignment done at a independent workshop.
If the car is a petrol car the engine oil should not turn black. Diesel oils turns black pretty soon after change, sometimes after 200 km.
Hi archat68, Yes I agree with you on doing it with a reputed alignment center outside. They are any day better than A.S.S. I cannot comment on your point with oil color as I have never seen used oils before. I believe Mukesh changed oil during 7500 service as well, lets hope to see a picture of his oil.

Dear sir,
I don't see any illumination in my dashboard in dark like the knobs and switches of infotainment system.Is there some setting that stops it from glowing?
Hi tapaz179, The illumination should turn ON along with parking/head lights. Please upload a picture for us to review, I do not know of a setting to turn OFF all the backlights at once.

Hello TAi'ans, I am Looking to buy an Automatic Car, and i am pulled towards the Beauty named Tiago.

I have a couple of questions like, as per my Research, there seems to be an ACTIV kit for Tiago advertised over the internet. But i havent been able to see a release date for that. Would you guys suggest me to wait for an Activ Tiago, or is the kit applicable to any Tiago Car on Road.

PS:
Been following this thread for a While , and a lot of informative posts from all the Tiago owners. Thanks for influencing me to look into a Tata Car..[:)]

Hello TAi'ans, I am Looking to buy an Automatic Car, and i am pulled towards the Beauty named Tiago.

I have a couple of questions like, as per my Research, there seems to be an ACTIV kit for Tiago advertised over the internet. But i havent been able to see a release date for that. Would you guys suggest me to wait for an Activ Tiago, or is the kit applicable to any Tiago Car on Road.

PS:
Been following this thread for a While , and a lot of informative posts from all the Tiago owners. Thanks for influencing me to look into a Tata Car..[:)]
The Aktiv kit + Alloys (surprisingly no dealer have roof rails) can be bought from dealer end and can be fitted to any Tiago on road.

Aktiv kit costs ₹30K and Alloy costs ₹6,500 (per alloy)

The Aktiv kit + Alloys (surprisingly no dealer have roof rails) can be bought from dealer end and can be fitted to any Tiago on road.

Good to hear, cause i am yet to visit the dealer but making all the preparations beforehand , to have an insight into buying the car without getting tricked.[glasses]

Dear sir,
There is an illumination setting in the MID. If the illumination is set very low the back-light on the keys are turned off.
See this and adjust yours
https://youtu.be/fj7Vw6NqP6o

Last edited:
Thread Starter #432

Good to hear, cause i am yet to visit the dealer but making all the preparations beforehand , to have an insight into buying the car without getting tricked.
I see you are from CBE, may I know which dealership you have selected? Also please do not pay up-front for the Activ kit, may be a small token advance should suffice.

I see you are from CBE, may I know which dealership you have selected? Also please do not pay up-front for the Activ kit, may be a small token advance should suffice.
I believe SRT and TAFE are only available right in our town?

SRT is near to my home so its gonna be my 1st stop, so will it make a difference in the buying experience???

Thread Starter #434

I believe SRT and TAFE are only available right in our town?
Yes, just two options for us. I recommend you visit both the places at least twice to get a better picture. I personally felt SRT to be much better in terms of follow ups and purchase experience.

6,500/alloy is too steep in my opinion for 14" wheels. You would be able to get decent ones from outside for 4-5k/alloy IMO (in case you are not keen on the stock alloys)

Top Bottom