Tata Tiago Petrol XZ - A Layman's Long Term Ownership Review

Re: Tata Tiago Petrol XZ - A Layman's Review: 10,000 Kms Milestone

Thanks for the reply.

Does anybody feel that the turning indicator stalk cuts too early?
No. Felt actually a couple of times may be but it doesn't actually bother. Infact I hate in the earlier cars I used to drive and they cut too late meaning they don't cut sometimes for small turns.

@Prabhagar, in your review you mentioned you bought xz for steering mounted controls. Earlier I didn't realise it much but after using it for a long time I feel definitely its a feature to die for. Driving other cars without steering mounted controls I feel something is missing/inconvenient in those cars.

Armor All Ultrashine car wash shampoo always leaves the body panels with a soft touch feel. The shine is probably from clear coat, I am not sure.
Since the car is of dark colour, apply a coat of wax occasionally. You can use a spray wax like Meguiars spray wax which is just spray on and wipe off product and is very easy to apply. The wax should last you about one month. If you want more durable product and are ready to apply some elbow grease you can try proper wax like Meg's yellow wax no 26 or other waxes.

When I used to detail my car actively 3-4 years back, my favorite was Colinite 845. It is durable, easy to use and gives a very good finish. Also it used to be pretty pocket friendly.

I have some detailing products with me. I can give members from Kolkata small quantities of those to try on - FOC.

Hello guys,

Hope Tiago owners are having a great time with their cars.
I posted sometime back with a small scratch on my front left bumper which i got it fixed by tata service center

just a few days back some children in my apartment scratched my left side of car..i was heartbroken to see that..i need to know will this be fixed by rubbing or this needs complete paint job..my insurance company person said don't claim insurance for this.just get it fixed by rubbing.

Apart from this my steering is also not in the default position i.e straight while driving(tested on ring road which is plain) and my vehicle is getting pulled towards Right..will this be fixed by wheel alignment including steering

need your valuable suggestions on this

Attachments

Thread Starter #409

Prabhagar, this is a wonderful thread. I just purchased a XZA variant. Can you please advise how to use Google map with HK system instead of the navimaps?
Congratulations on your XZA and wish you millions of happy miles. As Gautam mentioned, Google maps can be used only via BT with the phone display for map view.

Does anybody feel that the turning indicator stalk cuts too early?
They are ok for me too, one observation I noticed is that when turning at slightly higher speeds and come back to straight line, the stalk flicks the opposite indicator once during cut off.

@Prabhagar, in your review you mentioned you bought xz for steering mounted controls. Earlier I didn't realise it much but after using it for a long time I feel definitely its a feature to die for. Driving other cars without steering mounted controls I feel something is missing/inconvenient in those cars.
Totally man, I missed it very much during my recent trip in a Zoomcar Scorpio.

When I used to detail my car actively 3-4 years back, my favorite was Colinite 845. It is durable, easy to use and gives a very good finish. Also it used to be pretty pocket friendly.
Thank you for the tip, I regret living in an apartment with no covered parking and no water supply to wash my car (not a fan of bucket washing). I have been longing to try out clay bars, polishes and waxes but can do so only when I visit my native place. Collinite 845 is already on the top of my list and your recommendation boosts it further up. [:)]

just a few days back some children in my apartment scratched my left side of car..i was heartbroken to see that..i need to know will this be fixed by rubbing or this needs complete paint job..my insurance company person said don't claim insurance for this.just get it fixed by rubbing.
Hi Abhishek, Please check if you can feel the scratches with your nails, otherwise rubbing compound should easily mask them. Repainting may or may not match the color of other body parts due to oxidation. I too have two long lines on my hood but they were deep enough and I just ignored fixing them.

Apart from this my steering is also not in the default position i.e straight while driving(tested on ring road which is plain) and my vehicle is getting pulled towards Right..will this be fixed by wheel alignment including steering
I guess wheel alignment should fix this.

Hi Abhishek, Please check if you can feel the scratches with your nails, otherwise rubbing compound should easily mask them. Repainting may or may not match the color of other body parts due to oxidation. I too have two long lines on my hood but they were deep enough and I just ignored fixing them.

Yes i can feel the scratches and they are deep ..someone might have scratched with some key or sharp object just for fun [frustration][frustration]...paint is totally gone from those parts and i can feel the depth of that :(

Thread Starter #411
Third Service Update - 12750 KMs

Took my Tiago for third service this morning. Checked in at 9am and checked out by 12:30pm which is pretty quick from my previous experiences. Clocked 12770 KM on the ODO which is some 2000+ less for third service but its close to 1 year and so cannot wait for 15K.

Scheduled Service:
- Oil & Filter change
- Air filter cleaning
- Check brakes
- Tyre rotation, wheel balancing and alignment
- Clean cabin air

Issues/Requests:
- Reverse park assist and reverse lights stopped working a couple of weeks ago. Learned from other owners that the switch had gone kaput for several of them. It was replaced under warranty.
- Front wiper worn out. Replaced under warranty.
- Rear wiper spray did not work. Fixed.
- Loud tak tak noise when driving with windows partially rolled down. This is also a known issue with Tiago, I believe winder motors are being replaced for this. Did not bother as I rarely drive with rolled down windows.
- Avoided washer liquid top up. Recently bought Proklear winshield wash concentrate and topped up just two days back.
- Avoided swirl marks by politely rejecting their car wash & vacuum. Had the engine bay cleaned up.
- Apparently, my ECU calibration file version is still RN09, came to know they do not update unless there are any problems reported by owners. Since it was getting late, I did not bother waiting another hour for this and decided to get it done some other day.

Wiper Issue:
Wiper.jpg

Oil drained. I requested to be present when draining so I can get to see the condition of oil.
Oil Drain.jpg

Washed last weekend so avoided getting swirl marks with TML's car wash:
Car Wash.jpg

Wheel alignment report. Notice the caster value which is still out of threshold after alignment. God knows the reasoning behind this.
Wheel Alignment - Copy.jpg

Invoice Copy. It will be an estimate until it is claimed by my dealer (Gold AMC). Paid only for wheel balancing weights.
Invoice - Copy.jpg

No service visit is complete without gifts [lol]:
Stain01.jpg

Stain02.jpg

Why the oil change in your invoice is mentioned as FOC??Is is due to Amc plan?And if i dont have amc,how much will 3rd service cost??

Thread Starter #414

Why the oil change in your invoice is mentioned as FOC??Is is due to Amc plan?And if i dont have amc,how much will 3rd service cost??
I believe so. Without AMC, you can expect to pay around Rs 1500/- for third free service (only labor).

Oil: Rs 1225 (3500 ml * Rs 0.35)
Filter: Rs 107
Wheel Weights: Rs 100

Thanks for your 3rd servicing update Prabhagar. I intend to take it tomorrow for 3rd service and have most of the same issues:-
1. Reverse Assist stopped working since about 2 weeks. Never checked back lights. Do they blink normally if car is in reverse? If yes, then I'll get them observed by somebody to see whether they are working or not.
2. Sound with Partial windows down.
3. Usual Vibrations/Dashboard noise -Haven't got them fixed till now as others have. I noticed from some posts that they tend to come back after the fix.
4. Wiper spray needs to be checked if both front and reverse are working fine.
5. Havent' updated Harman Unit till now nor the service center told me there is an update available.
6. Poor performance with AC on(City mode). Can't even think of Eco+AC [anger]

Would like to know your inputs on the same.

Thanks,
Kapil

Thread Starter #416

1. Reverse Assist stopped working since about 2 weeks. Never checked back lights. Do they blink normally if car is in reverse? If yes, then I'll get them observed by somebody to see whether they are working or not.
Hi Rautela, The reverse lights will be constantly lit as long as reverse gear is engaged. These are separate white lights in addition to turn indicators.
2. Sound with Partial windows down.
Some owners got their window winder motors replaced and some have reported the noise even after replacement. I would recommend not to raise this issue unless you tend to drive a lot with partially rolled down windows.
3. Usual Vibrations/Dashboard noise -Haven't got them fixed till now as others have. I noticed from some posts that they tend to come back after the fix.
This is a never ending issue for Tiago owners. I rarely go below 1500RPM these days and there aren't any rattles. Vibrations at idle (especially with AC) is something we have to live with.
5. Havent' updated Harman Unit till now nor the service center told me there is an update available.
Most service centers do not inform customers, but again there isn't much gain in the new version unless you face issues with the current one.
6. Poor performance with AC on(City mode). Can't even think of Eco+AC
Please have them clean your AC filter & also check and top up gas if needed.
EDIT: Thanks to FD's reply, I went back and read your question again. You meant the performance of the car when AC turned ON, not the AC itself right?
@FD, you may want to edit your post too [glasses].

Last edited:

6. Poor performance with AC on(City mode). Can't even think of Eco+AC [anger]
What the current ODO reading? If it's not much, then A/C filter cleaning should fix this issue.

Please have them clean your AC filter & also check and top up gas if needed.
A/C Gas top up is not needed if running is less like yours.

Thanks both of you with your replies.
Yes, I was talking abt car's performance. Significantly noticeable with AC V/s without AC. In fact, I got both the air filter as well as the AC filter checked. Both were fine. So maybe this performance is normal.
Reg. HU no issues as of now that's why didn't update.
Yes, Rattles are generally observed during low RPM. Upshifting at higher RPMs doesn't cause any problems. Again something we should learn to live with.

Thankfully, no major issues till now. Current ODO is pretty low for a year old vehicle just above 5000 kms [glasses]

Thanks both of you with your replies.
Yes, I was talking abt car's performance. Significantly noticeable with AC V/s without AC.
This is pretty normal with 3 cylinder engines. So nothing to worry about. If this is what you are concerned about, then no need to clean air filter at all.

Re: Tata Tiago Petrol XZ - A Layman's Review

Second Service Update ~ 7500 km

View attachment 216764

Driving Experience:
It was a mixed experience driving my Tiago for the past 6 months.

Could you please tell me the part no for the IR remote for Harman music system it'd be a great help. I want to get one for myself .

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom