Tata Tiago Petrol XZ - A Layman's Long Term Ownership Review

Re: Tata Tiago Petrol XZ - A Layman's Review: 10,000 Kms Milestone

I am purchasing Tata Tiago XZ Petrol next week. Want to Join TAI Tata Tiago Whatsapp Group. Please help me!

I am purchasing Tata Tiago XZ Petrol next week. Want to Join TAI Tata Tiago Whatsapp Group. Please help me!
Brother as you are a newbie, won't be able to PM you.

I would request you to first join fb group, and then you can post regarding whatsapp group.

Thread Starter #396

Adjust Wiper Water Spray Throw​
Intrigued by Mukesh's recent post, I decided to check out and increase the wiper spray height in my Tiago. I have always felt the water jet was hitting my windshield at a lower height but did not spend any time adjusting it. There is a screw like insert on the right side of both spray nozzles, we just have to rotate them using a flat head screw driver to increase/decrease the angle.
224396d1492229319-my-fantastico-tata-tiago-xz-1-2-p-sunburst-orange-wipersprayadjustment.jpg

Before Adjustment:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ONHc71LSw0

I was over curious and set it to max height and ended up wetting my roof top [lol]:
RoofWet.jpg

After a few trials, I was able to get the sweet spot that I am comfortable with.
After Adjustment:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_uNHDHecrA

Thread Starter #397

Weekend Car Wash Ceremony​
I get teased by family members for spending close to 2 hours every time I wash the car. :stupid:. (Un)Fortunately I can wash only when I visit my native place (once a month), because my apartment does not have a car wash area.

Armor All Ultrashine car wash shampoo always leaves the body panels with a soft touch feel. The shine is probably from clear coat, I am not sure.
Wash_01.jpg

Wiped down:
Wash_02.jpg

Cleaned interiors and polished dashboard:
Wash_03.jpg

Sonax Clear Glass: This guy does wonders in dirt removal without hazy or streaky looks on the glasses. I was using 3M glass cleaner and never liked it from the beginning. It gave me lot of trouble with the hazy results, especially during night drives.
Wash_04.jpg

Armor All Tire Foam: Never thought I would buy tire foam but this one has already become my favorite. I planned to write up a review of it after a couple more uses.
Armor_01.jpg

Leaves behind a dark black look with no gloss, just the way I like it.
Armor_02.jpg

Same day evening, we visited a temple, about 35 km away. Some random clicks:
Temple_01.jpg

Temple_02.jpg

And back home for a good night's sleep [:)]:
Temple_03_Edit.jpg

I get comments from my family that I hardly wash my car. I always give it to car wash guys and to be frank, your work is a lot cleaner than the guys at car wash. Now you have one more business opportunity in your hand! [lol]

Jokes apart, I really appreciate for your effort in keeping your car neat!

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

The armorall foam looks brilliant. My dad doesn't like me cleaning the car. He says to get it cleaned from the drycleaning guy. So once every 2 months i call my local garage guy who works at bosch to clean the car. Takes 300rs for wash and wax the exterior plus cleaning the floor and polishing the dahboard and doors for verna(300rs extra for dry cleaning) 200rs for figo. I give them(2 guys) all the products and i don't think i do a better job than them.
But i really liked this foam. I hate gloss finish on tyres. Do post the product review.

Thread Starter #400

Now you have one more business opportunity in your hand!
Jokes apart, I really appreciate for your effort in keeping your car neat!
Thank you FD, this is something I really love doing, more than writing code [;)].

Takes 300rs for wash and wax the exterior plus cleaning the floor and polishing the dahboard and doors for verna(300rs extra for dry cleaning) 200rs for figo. I give them(2 guys) all the products and i don't think i do a better job than them.
But i really liked this foam. I hate gloss finish on tyres. Do post the product review.
That's a fair price you are paying them. Car wash rates near my office costs Rs450, which to me is not worth it. I am glad you liked the tire foam, I too hate to see shiny tires on cars for no reason. I will definitely post more details in it's review thread after using it few more times.

Weekend Car Wash Ceremony​
I get teased by family members for spending close to 2 hours every time I wash the car. :stupid:. (Un)Fortunately I can wash only when I visit my native place (once a month), because my apartment does not have a car wash area.

Armor All Ultrashine car wash shampoo always leaves the body panels with a soft touch feel. The shine is probably from clear coat, I am not sure.
View attachment 225114

Wiped down:
View attachment 225115

Cleaned interiors and polished dashboard:
View attachment 225116

Sonax Clear Glass: This guy does wonders in dirt removal without hazy or streaky looks on the glasses. I was using 3M glass cleaner and never liked it from the beginning. It gave me lot of trouble with the hazy results, especially during night drives.
View attachment 225117

Armor All Tire Foam: Never thought I would buy tire foam but this one has already become my favorite. I planned to write up a review of it after a couple more uses.
View attachment 225109

Leaves behind a dark black look with no gloss, just the way I like it.
View attachment 225110

Same day evening, we visited a temple, about 35 km away. Some random clicks:
View attachment 225111

View attachment 225112

And back home for a good night's sleep [:)]:
View attachment 225113
Wow Prabhagar, that's nice glossy and shiny Tiago.
I have reduced the cleaning interval of Tiago, in order to conserve water.
One word of caution for the tyre polish, apply them on side wall only.
As on the tread may make braking ineffective for a short stint.
How much has it clocked now?

Thread Starter #402

Wow Prabhagar, that's nice glossy and shiny Tiago.
Thank you Mukesh ji [:)].
I have reduced the cleaning interval of Tiago, in order to conserve water.
That is a commendable decision and care for environment [clap].
One word of caution for the tyre polish, apply them on side wall only.As on the tread may make braking ineffective for a short stint.
Thanks for the tip, it was printed on the can's label too. I did misfire a little bit during the learning curve.
How much has it clocked now?
122XX as of now. I don't think I will hit the 15K mark before third service, due in June.

Prabhagar, this is a wonderful thread. I just purchased a XZA variant. Overall pretty satisfied except some erratic cooling of the AC and sluggish take-off in the first gear. The AC sometimes is super effective , sometimes not .

Can you please advise how to use Google map with HK system instead of the navimaps?

Can you please advise how to use Google map with HK system instead of the navimaps?
Congratulations for your new car brother.

As far your query goes, Google Maps can't be used in place of NaviMaps [frustration]
Though you can connect your phone via bluetooth, and stream music. Doing this will help as Google map guidance will use car's speaker instead of your mobile.

Congratulations for your new car brother.

As far your query goes, Google Maps can't be used in place of NaviMaps [frustration]
Though you can connect your phone via bluetooth, and stream music. Doing this will help as Google map guidance will use car's speaker instead of your mobile.
Thanks for the reply.

Does anybody feel that the turning indicator stalk cuts too early?

Top Bottom