Tata Tiago Petrol XZ - A Layman's Long Term Ownership Review

Thread Starter #286
re: Tata Tiago Petrol XZ - A Layman's Review, "10000 KM milestone".

Great. Seems like you drive mostly with AC off. Eco Mode and AC is a big No for me.
Yep, I did not use AC due to wee hours travel and good weather. Eco is a big no for me as well as I need to accelerate better in dual carriage ways, especially when the road is busy.

Your graphs and table are so informative. Still would like to suggest that the variance should be measured more in % terms rather than only kmpl terms. Gives a better idea since at lower FE variance would also come down but at higher FE it would increase but % would be more or less same.
Valid point bro. Here is the updated data with variance % (third column from last):
Mileage_Data.PNG
Min Variance: 9.8%
Max Variance: 20.4%
Avg Variance: 16.3%

Mileage_Chart.PNG

View attachment Tiago FE Charts.xls

Thread Starter #287

Hi Folks,
Got a few things done from TASC this week. Total damage to wallet ₹3753 [:D].

Item #1: Tyre Rotation (₹483 for balancing & weights)
I had mentioned in my second service update that tire rotation and wheel alignment were not done. My little coin test revealed around 1 mm tread depth difference so I didn't want to prolong wearing out front tires. Besides, what's the point of paying 9 grand for Gold AMC without juicing it's benefits? I was still charged for wheel balancing but didn't want to start an argument for the ₹350 quoted for this. Going forward, I will be rotating tires every 6 months unless I run less than 5000 KM from the prior service.

Coin Test:
Coin_Test_Collage.jpg

Wheel Alignment Report:
Wheel_Alignment_Report.jpg

Invoice:
Invoice_Tyre_Rotation.jpg

Item #2: Body Work (₹1380)
While writing my job card, the body shop guy approached me with his ₹1500 quote to repaint half of my front bumper which had a deep scratches in wheel arch area. I had no choice but to fall for his offer and sign up. It also helps witness their paint matching capabilities.

Rubbed against a wall in a tight parking space:
Bumper_Scratch.jpg

After repainting:
Bumper_Repaint_02.jpg

Job well done:
Bumper_Repaint_01.jpg

Invoice:
Invoice_Body_Work.jpg

Item #3: Dual USB Charger Accessory - Tata OEM (₹1890)
The need for a secondary mobile charging port was mandated by the dashcam occupying 12v charging port 24x7. Last time, I failed to get them install a second 12v port in the dummy slot with lame warranty void claims. This time, I had pictures of the accessory installed by fellow owners so they had no choice. Though one technician instantly recognized the accessory and they committed to procure it from the accessory section for me (dealership and service are separated by 5km in my city). It's a universal Tata accessory that can go in any 12v circular slot, provided it has clearance to open the USB cover.

Carton mentions 2.1 Amps rating:
USB_Box_Collage.jpg

Installation Manual:
USB_Manual_Collage.jpg

The Ports:
USB_Ports_Collage.jpg

Glad to see fast charging when tested with my phone:
FastCharging.png

Hello TAI,
Hope you guys are enjoying your ride
for me its a sad day
Today i got my 1st scratch..now i am a certified driver :P as they say without scratches you ain't a driver
anyway jokes aside i have a small scratch at the end of the front bumper.I parked my vechile near to footpath edge and didnt judge the distance so after taking little right i bumped to the hard surface of footpath i think the color is gone and its showing black inside..now my concern is how do i fix it by myself as i am pro noob with cars and its accessories and i am sure if i take it to showroom they will charge hefty amount just to fix this by painitng...instead i wanted to know if there are any alternative way to fix this i.e color spray,radium or paint...
any suggestion or ideas are welcome
i don't want to see my baby scratched everyday like this :( i love my car so much even though its very small and not noticeable but still i want to fix this

Attachments

i think the color is gone and its showing black inside..now my concern is how do i fix it by myself as i am pro noob with cars and its accessories and i am sure if i take it to showroom they will charge hefty amount just to fix this by painitng...instead i wanted to know if there are any alternative way to fix this i.e color spray,radium or paint...
any suggestion or ideas are welcome
i don't want to see my baby scratched everyday like this :( i love my car so much even though its very small and not noticeable but still i want to fix this
Paint have been peeled off.
Whenever you go for Service, tell the SA to do touch-up paint. As the Scratch is not much noticeable, so I don't think you need to paint that whole area.

I would still say to keep car as it is.

Last edited:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

What will you do everytime the bumper gets hit ? It is supposed to take hits like this. Leave it as it is or do what gautam said.
When the bumper is full of scratches then get it repainted.

Paint have been peeled off.
Whenever you go for Service, tell the SA to do touch-up paint. As the Scratch is not much noticeable, so I don't think you need to paint that whole area.

I would still say to keep car as it is.
thank you for your quick reply bud :) I have my servicing next week will take this issue forward and ask for retouch i hope they dont charge much.. parallely i want to know if there are any products available in market which can fix these small issues without paying much amount [glasses][glasses]

What will you do everytime the bumper gets hit ? It is supposed to take hits like this. Leave it as it is or do what gautam said.
When the bumper is full of scratches then get it repainted.
yes Gautam i am sure in future car will get lot of scratches even if we don't do it but by others..i will try my luck in servicing center if they dont charge then it wil be awesome..but yes i will keep your point in mind to get the job done if i get more scratches fter sometime(which i m bound to get) Hyderabad roads and traffic sense is the worst in india [cry][lol][:)]

went for a pdi today. all good. the car is 2017 made as per the vin. attached the vin number. kindly reverify the vin number so that i can remove it.. on the windscreen glass the manufacturing year is written as 16. is it the glass manufacturing date? . also i found this on the door panel. is it something serious? should i take delivery of the vehicle?

Attachments

yes Gautam i am sure in future car will get lot of scratches even if we don't do it but by others.
So true.
A Taxi hit my car, and caused a dent. Slight deep scratch, other scratches went through rubbing.
Thanks to Concorde Motors, they know how to pamper my car [:D].

Before rubbing pic attached.
IMG-20170127-WA0006.jpg

went for a pdi today. all good. the car is 2017 made as per the vin. attached the vin number. kindly reverify the vin number so that i can remove it.. on the windscreen glass the manufacturing year is written as 16. is it the glass manufacturing date? . also i found this on the door panel. is it something serious? should i take delivery of the vehicle?
Its January 2017 manufactured.
Kindly check whether sticker on windshield have same same VIN as punched on driver side door frame.
I would say choose another Tiago. Though let's wait for other to reply [:)]

Last edited:

So true.
A Taxi hit my car, and caused a dent. Slight deep scratch, other scratches went through rubbing.
Thanks to Concorde Motors, they know how to pamper my car [:D].

Before rubbing pic attached.
yes gautam :)

btw what did concorde motors do to fix ur car scratches retouch paint or spray..did they charged you for the fix?

Last edited by a moderator:

yes gautam :)

btw what did concorde motors do to fix ur car scratches retouch paint or spray..did they charged you for the fix?
They just used rubbing compound to fix it.
As I used to give my Manza there too (for last 5 years), I have good experience there. They did is FOC and with few minutes after entering. They also did exterior polish FOC.

After rubbing pics attached. Only dent is there and one deep scratch. Driver side fender is scratchless now.

IMG-20170210-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20170210-WA0005.jpg

They just used rubbing compound to fix it.
As I used to give my Manza there too (for last 5 years), I have good experience there. They did is FOC and with few minutes after entering. They also did exterior polish FOC.

After rubbing pics attached. Only dent is there and one deep scratch. Driver side fender is scratchless now.

View attachment 220382

View attachment 220383
wow its like almost gone great work by them

Item #3: Dual USB Charger Accessory - Tata OEM (₹1890)
The need for a secondary mobile charging port was mandated by the dashcam occupying 12v charging port 24x7. Last time, I failed to get them install a second 12v port in the dummy slot with lame warranty void claims. This time, I had pictures of the accessory installed by fellow owners so they had no choice. Though one technician instantly recognized the accessory and they committed to procure it from the accessory section for me (dealership and service are separated by 5km in my city). It's a universal Tata accessory that can go in any 12v circular slot, provided it has clearance to open the USB cover.

The Ports:
View attachment 220350
Hello Prabhagar,

I assume, this is fixed near the Gear box. Can you give the full picture of the area?

Thread Starter #298

Hello Prabhagar,
I assume, this is fixed near the Gear box. Can you give the full picture of the area?
Yes Deepak, it is located right next to hand brake. Please see below picture, let me know if you need a wider view than this.
IMG_20170209_110633.jpg

Yes Deepak, it is located right next to hand brake. Please see below picture, let me know if you need a wider view than this.
View attachment 220534
This picture is good. I understand its position now. As i didn't have my Tiago yet, i am still assuming of its interior and the position of double USB port.
:offtopic:
It would be awesome if we an option to select the color of USB ports with Sub-rust Orange to match with exterior. [music]

@Prabhagar: How much did the noodle mat cost you? You got it from 3m, accessories shop or cutting was DIY.

Top Bottom