Tata Tiago Petrol XZ - A Layman's Long Term Ownership Review

Thread Starter #17
Re: Tata Tiago Petrol XZ - A Layman's Review

Congratulation Prabhagar for your Lovely Tiago.. [:)]
How much Fuel Efficiency of your Tiago ?
About 14ish in mixed driving. Pure city rides returned only 11ish. I used to upshift at higher RPM's (2500) looking at the gear shift indicator on the MID. Gonna try out early upshifts at 2000 RPM to see if it makes any difference in city rides. I have also not used the ECO mode.

Hi,
Congratulations on your TATA Tiago. Wishes to clock many more miles without issues.
Thank you Ambylovers [:)]

Thread Starter #19

nice review and a VFM purchase. Does the AC cut off frequently while driving in traffic?
Thanks Pravin!
AC did not cut off on my car (atleast yet). Have been driving in city most of the time. Wait for TSIVipul's Diesel review to be published, he noticed this during his review drives.

Congratulations on your new ride. Your daughter sure looks happy on the driver's seat! Also, at this price point and the kind of benefits we are getting from the Tiago, forget nitpicking on vibration. Don't worry. Looking forward to seeing more photos of your ride.

Thread Starter #21

First Service Update:
ODO - 1100 KM
Date - 21-Jun-2016

Observations:
  • Left front door panel alignment fixed [thumbsup].
    07_01 Door Panels.jpg

• ECU software updated. Service Reps didn't know what changes the new version offered (bug fixes/enhancements etc) and neither did the invoice.
    07_03 Service Items.jpg
  • Front wheels aligned.
    07_02 Wheel Alignment.jpg
  • Standard wash and vacuum. Dashboard appears to be dressed up. Car wash was so-so, I can wash it much better.
  • Rear parcel tray mount put back in place.
  • Clutch feels lighter.
  • Minor dashboard vibration corrected by replacing a spare part named "Tack Rag". A quick Google search revealed it's a piece of cloth used for paint works [confused]. Anyways, vibration appears to be gone but facing sporadic minor rattling under the dash at around 1500 RPM. Will monitor closely after cleaning out loose items from glove box.
  • Next service at 7000-8000KMs or 6 months. Engine oil changed only at 15000KM intervals for Petrol.

Man your car looks cool. You feel any change after service and how was service station experience. My car is now 6000+ kms and it's getting smoother as its getting old and mostly driven between Bangalore to chitradurga 200 kms onside 3-4 times a week.

Thread Starter #24

Man your car looks cool. You feel any change after service and how was service station experience. My car is now 6000+ kms and it's getting smoother as its getting old and mostly driven between Bangalore to chitradurga 200 kms onside 3-4 times a week.
Thank you sir. I didn't know you owned a Tiago all these days with so many miles, you are a true mile muncher [:D].

There isn't any noticeable changes in my drive after first service except for a lighter clutch and smoother gear shifts. Service guys were responsive and decent at my dealership which is good. I can see they are in the process of transitioning to a customer focused approach and will take some time to succeed. When leaving their station, my service rep requested to give good feedback when TML calls for feedback [lol].

Lol prabhagr driving is my passion so never let a chance to go out of hand. Now leaving from chennai to Mumbai via ponda in Goa. This time I am on my white comet that one of my safari, never take flight because they don't let me fly lol and I can't sit idle

Prabhagar, Congrats for your Tiago. There is a blue Tiago XT I'm seeing regularly now a days in the office premises. I went with my colleague to have a closer look. He right away pointed out the slight misalignment of the front doors and I was like :sorry: . He uses an i20 and said like Tata is improving but still a long way to go.

When I saw your post after service, I'm more than happy that this alignment is not an issue..[clap]

Hi, congrats. Lovely car. Regrading reverse shifting, wait for about 5 seconds before shifting to reverse. No need to shift to first. This is designed so people don't accidentally shift to reverse when in forward motion.

Thread Starter #28

Prabhagar, Congrats for your Tiago. There is a blue Tiago XT I'm seeing regularly now a days in the office premises. I went with my colleague to have a closer look. He right away pointed out the slight misalignment of the front doors and I was like :sorry: . He uses an i20 and said like Tata is improving but still a long way to go.

When I saw your post after service, I'm more than happy that this alignment is not an issue..[clap]
I am glad my post helped your colleague. This misalignment appears to be on many Tiago's rolled out during April/May.

Hi, congrats. Lovely car. Regrading reverse shifting, wait for about 5 seconds before shifting to reverse. No need to shift to first. This is designed so people don't accidentally shift to reverse when in forward motion.
Thanks Akshay for your tip. I have not faced this issue since first service but I will make sure to wait for few seconds before slotting to reverse.

Top Bottom