Tata Tiago Petrol XZ - A Layman's Long Term Ownership Review

Thread Starter #677
Re: Tata Tiago Petrol XZ - A Layman's Review: 20,000 Kms Update

how much IDV should I go with... By default, it came as around 3,20,000 (XT varient). Is it good to get higher IDV of waste of money (no claims for 2 years)
Rule of thumb is 10% depreciation from last year IDV but you can raise/lower it a little bit. IDV matters only when car is declared total loss (repair cost > car's market value) so I would not worry much on that.

Congrats on completing 2 years @prabhagar, car looks in mint condition, just out of the showroom.
Thank you Vinod ji. [:)]

Rule of thumb is 10% depreciation from last year IDV but you can raise/lower it a little bit. IDV matters only when car is declared total loss (repair cost > car's market value) so I would not worry much on that.

Thank you Vinod ji. [:)]
Even I was in the same understanding until a total loss occurred for my car, and the reduced IDV value for saving the premium amount by 2000 rupees left me with a loss of 1 lakh.

Thread Starter #679

Even I was in the same understanding until a total loss occurred for my car, and the reduced IDV value for saving the premium amount by 2000 rupees left me with a loss of 1 lakh.
Sorry to hear that. As I mentioned earlier, we should not boost or lower IDV by a huge value like 1L. I personally won't vary it by more than 20K.

Hey Prabhagar,
Have you opted for P2P?
Can that be availed before the Gold AMC expires?
Heard that there is a new P2P plus plan that has come recently.

I came for the fifth service, along with the usual service and oil change clutch repair was carried out.
So the clutch was replaced too.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #682

Hey Prabhagar,
Have you opted for P2P?
Can that be availed before the Gold AMC expires?
Heard that there is a new P2P plus plan that has come recently.
I didn't buy P2P but I believe we should buy it before warranty expires so you may be able to buy it now with a future start date. I'm hearing P2P Plus for the first time, please do share if you get to know more info on that. Thanks!

I didn't buy P2P but I believe we should buy it before warranty expires so you may be able to buy it now with a future start date. I'm hearing P2P Plus for the first time, please do share if you get to know more info on that. Thanks!
Hi Prabhagar.
They are making all sorts of drama that a vehicle having Gold AMC cannot opt for P2P.
Also they have updated the vehicle purchase date of vehicle as 3rd June instead of 15th or 16th June. And now are stating that i cannot opt for P2P.

They explained me on the P2P plus, that has been launched on 29th May 2018.
Its pricey and for the existing owners with Gold AMC has coverage only till 45,000 kms or 3rd year and not beyond that.

When i said i would like to go for P2P which was just 6299/-
They came up with warranty expired drama.

Will come up with the detailed breakup of P2P plus in my thread.
---------------------------------------------

All Dealers / TASCs,
SUBJECT: Value Care AMC “Protect Plus” Policy.
This supersedes the earlier Service Update SU771DZ dtd.17th May 2018 on the subject. Based on the feedback received from channel partners, we are pleased to announce following changes in parts coverage limits for 13 identified parts in new Value Care AMC “Protect Plus” Policy.

Features of Protect Plus Policy are as follows:

Name of the Policy - Protect Plus

Model – Tiago, Tigor, Zest, Bolt and Nexon

Coverage – Schedule Services, Parts & Labour for 13 identified Wear & Tear
Components.

Combination - 1 yr / 15K, 2 yr /30 K, 3 yr / 45K, and 4 yr / 60K combination.
List of covered parts - Clutch, Brake Pad, Brake Linings, Brake Disc, Wiper, Wheel Cylinder,Suspension Bushes, Engine Mountings, Ball Joints, Hoses, Auxiliary Belt, Alternator & A/C Belt), Window Winder.

Exclusions - Standard Exclusions of Silver and Gold AMC, Engine & Aggregates, Body Parts, Catalytic Converter, Top Up of oil, coolant, brake fluid.

Condition - The plan is available for the customers in warranty period.

Validity : - Validity of the contract is same as the existing logic of Silver AMCs (Kms or Years whichever is earlier) up to which the contract would be valid
depending upon the combination registered in the system subject to maximum 4 years / 60000 Kms from Date of Sale.

No claim other than Schedule service claim will be allowed in first 21 days from the date of the sale of the Protect Plus Policy.
With introduction of this new Protect Plus policy customer is now eligible to get benefit of both P2P and Silver AMCs.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #684

Hi Prabhagar.
They are making all sorts of drama that a vehicle having Gold AMC cannot opt for P2P.
Also they have updated the vehicle purchase date of vehicle as 3rd June instead of 15th or 16th June. And now are stating that i cannot opt for P2P.
Looks like you will have some fun with them, hopefully it is resolved soon.

Its pricey and for the existing owners with Gold AMC has coverage only till 45,000 kms or 3rd year and not beyond that.
I poked on this in my dealer's whatsapp group and they also have this info. It looks like a marriage of P2P and AMC.

Thread Starter #685

Yesterday was a lucky day for me (and my car) as we encounterd a close call during reverse parking on the side of a main street. Had I backed up a few millimeters, car would be in body shop by now, and me asking insurance process in this post. Apparently that hole is intended for local municipality folks to remove sewage blocks but usually such spots are covered with metal grills or covers of some sort.

Lesson Learnt: Flip the ORVMs downward so that wheels are visible during such reverse maneuvers on road sides.
CloseCall_LI.jpg

Last edited:

Yesterday was a lucky day for me (and my car) as we encounterd a close call during reverse parking on the side of a main street. Had I backed up a few millimeters, car would be in body shop by now, and me asking insurance process in this post. Apparently that hole is intended for local municipality folks to remove sewage blocks but usually such spots are covered with metal grills or covers of some sort.
Phew, that was a close call indeed.

Hi Prabhagar.

Correct me, my understanding is Gold AMC already covers the items in P2P , so why do you need separate P2P ?

Phew, that was a close call indeed.

Correct me, my understanding is Gold AMC already covers the items in P2P , so why do you need separate P2P ?
Hi Anshuman,
Since the car completed 2 years, and so is the Gold AMC.
After the final oil change under Gold AMC (30,000 kms) it gets de-activated.
Officially the standard warranty got over last week on Saturday.
Now the car has extended warranty till 2020.

Hi Anshuman,
Since the car completed 2 years, and so is the Gold AMC.
After the final oil change under Gold AMC (30,000 kms) it gets de-activated.
Officially the standard warranty got over last week on Saturday.
Now the car has extended warranty till 2020.
Since your Gold AMC is over you can buy P2P now then , but I am not sure if there is a plan in which you can buy after 2 years .

Friends,

I am having strange problem with my Tigor's music system. After 6.00 PM Bluetooth music streaming is not working, its cracks and breaks continuously. I have tried three different phones Moto G5s Plus, Redmi Note 4 and Oneplus 6 and all are having same problem. What is surprising thing , its works fine in day time but start having problem only after 6.00pm.

Already told the issue in first service, they updated the software also but still continues to behave same. Any suggestion to fix this, check the video.

https://youtu.be/WGP53jlN3iw

Last edited:

Top Bottom