Tata Tiago Petrol XZ - A Layman's Long Term Ownership Review

Thread Starter #648
Re: Tata Tiago Petrol XZ - A Layman's Review: 20,000 Kms Update

May be. Best of luck with your road trip.
Trip went well yesterday, except for jerks which occurred on a wider range of RPMs (1400 onward / 3rd gear). Fetched 19.65kpl by tank full method from 360KM.

By the way, here is another case of the same issue on a 6K km car from Facebook ATOM Club:
Gurpreet Singh Hello bro. I have read your post on automotive india regarding jerky power delivery in 2-3 gear. I am suffering from the same issue. TASS has no clue about this. Mine in feb 2107 make and ran only 6k kms. Please do update when any solution is available. Thanku. I am from punjab.

Hey Prabhagar and Ankush. Fingers crossed on your issue. Hope this will get resolved soon. Any Twitter/ FB posts raised by you guys with TML on this issue ? Maybe TML directly have to get involved in this issue. Maybe some ECU update will resolve the same.☺

Last edited:
Thread Starter #651

Hey Prabhagar and Ankush. Fingers crossed on your issue. Hope this will get resolved soon. Any Twitter/ FB posts raised by you guys with TML on this issue ? Maybe TML directly have to get involved in this issue. Maybe some ECU update will resolve the same.☺
Thank you bro, we haven't taken this issue on social media or TML yet. Awaiting my dealer's call to see what they do next and will decide based on that.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

Trip went well yesterday, except for jerks which occurred on a wider range of RPMs (1400 onward / 3rd gear). Fetched 19.65kpl by tank full method from 360KM.

By the way, here is another case of the same issue on a 6K km car from Facebook ATOM Club:
I too faced this issue before. But after getting that air filter assembly replaced I didn't face this problem. I used to feel the jerks in the 2nd gear under hard acceleration , 3rd gear was fine for me though.

Reported this on the first day. http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...eview-pictures-tatas-tiara-56.html#post532135

Last edited:
Thread Starter #653

I too faced this issue before. But after getting that air filter assembly replaced I didn't face this problem. I used to feel the jerks in the 2nd gear under hard acceleration , 3rd gear was fine for me though.

Reported this on the first day. http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...eview-pictures-tatas-tiara-56.html#post532135
@AHC, thanks man but I am not sure if your jerks were same as what we face now. Ours are very specific to certain RPM range and mostly noticeable in 3rd gear whereas you had said car did well from 3rd gear onward. I will ask my dealer if the air filter assembly could be a possibility, as they are also learning anyways.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

Yeah I read your post again and indeed the problem is different but can be the same source. Keep us updated.

Thread Starter #655

The not-in-stock part was valve cover assembly. I was called yesterday about stock arrival and have dropped off this morning. Gasket is also being changed I believe.
7966530120223581797.jpg

The not-in-stock part was valve cover assembly. I was called yesterday about stock arrival and have dropped off this morning. Gasket is also being changed I believe.
View attachment 243557
Great going there Prabhagar.
How is the car feeling, after the clutch change?

Even i had reported harder clutch somewhere in March and prior to that.
To which they had told me to cover around 27k kms and report the same in May.
So that they will replace the clutch components under Gold AMC.

So, planning one issues at a time. Last time one tyre was replaced by Goodyear on prorata basis.
Will probably go for clutch change in the coming week.

Currently, it is doing 27,780 kms and nearing 28k kms shortly.

Thread Starter #657

Great going there Prabhagar.
How is the car feeling, after the clutch change?
Biting point and launching from stand still are smoother now. However, it's not as soft as the one found in new Tiagos.

Even i had reported harder clutch somewhere in March and prior to that.
To which they had told me to cover around 27k kms and report the same in May.
So that they will replace the clutch components under Gold AMC.
Glad to know that. I was also told that my brake pads & liners will be replaced under AMC during 5th service visit.

Currently, it is doing 27,780 kms and nearing 28k kms shortly.
I am just 1K less than you, will catch up after my Mysore trip next weekend [:)].

On a side note, my intermittent jerking/choking issue is still on-going. Visited 4 times and still no luck, and I am starting to loose confidence in my ASC:
Visit 1: Spark plugs replaced. Valve cover assembly was ordered to be replaced. It was found to be loose during inspection. They also noticed slight oil traces in spark plugs which in itself is worrisome.
Visit 2: Valve cover assembly replaced.
Visit 3: Fuel injectors cleaned.
Visit 4: Fuel lines cleaned and fuel filter changed.

During test drive after 4th visit, the technician himself says there aren't any jerks where as I clearly feel them. Meanwhile, I took my buddy's Tiago for a spin and noticed jerks on his car as well (both are May 2016 made). Just that his car has very less of it and not easily noticeable.
My 5th scheduled service is due in 3 weeks and planned to continue investigating at that time. In talking to a known FNG mechanic, I learned ignition coil could also be a culprit.

As much as I love the car, I hate to visit so many times for this issue. Sigh!

Hi Prabhagar, did you install Tigor alloys in your car ? What is the part number for same ? Are they available via TASS ?

Thread Starter #659

Hi Prabhagar, did you install Tigor alloys in your car ? What is the part number for same ? Are they available via TASS ?
Hi Anshuman,
They are Tiago's Aktiv Kit alloys, sourced from my Tata dealership. More details along with part numbers on below posts:
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...eview-third-service-update-32.html#post543236
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...eview-third-service-update-33.html#post544483

Your ride definitely looks good with those Activ alloys. Cheers.

Im looking for Tigor Alloys (for 5th Spare wheel) , I got the part number from a source but need to check with TASS if they can source 1 pc.

Sadly alas, all these are China made, giving thumbs down to - Make In India.

Top Bottom