Tata Tiago Petrol XZ - A Layman's Long Term Ownership Review

Re: Tata Tiago Petrol XZ - A Layman's Review: 10,000 Kms Milestone

How many kms have you covered ? I felt the same thing and the car is new with just 300kms. Didn't try with ac off. It just takes the fun oit of the whole car experience.
Now I have covered close to 1500kms. But before also have experienced it 2 times. There is some problem with AC. Without AC my car runs very smooth. But in this hot summer and ultra high Bangalore pollution and dust (Bangalore would easily be the most dusty city in the world [cry]) its next to impossible to drive without AC. Car loses considerable power when AC is on (AC is very chilly in my car even more than my liking) and at times (this is the 3rd time I am experiencing), the car loses complete power, gives jerks, stutters and I don't have any other option but to switch off AC for few seconds and it really works. Some guy in my Tiago group said he was facing similar issue and its due to Valve blockage (In such a new car [surprise][frustration]) and clearing that in service center helped him. Not sure if its gonna help me.

If you experience the same try switching off AC (for me it works wonders). Cold start jerks have reduced in my car considerably after doing 1500kms but this is not a cold start issue. Even if I have driven my car for 10kms and then I stop at a shop to buy something and again start my car it might happen but its not that everytime it happens. It happens at times so I can't show the mechanic when it happens.

On another note glad that you bought the Elantra. The car looks really awesome. I checked that in Hyundai Showroom recently and the seat comfort was superb.

Thread Starter #377

Now I have covered close to 1500kms. But before also have experienced it 2 times. There is some problem with AC. Without AC my car runs very smooth. But in this hot summer and ultra high Bangalore pollution and dust (Bangalore would easily be the most dusty city in the world [cry]) its next to impossible to drive without AC. Car loses considerable power when AC is on (AC is very chilly in my car even more than my liking) and at times (this is the 3rd time I am experiencing), the car loses complete power, gives jerks, stutters and I don't have any other option but to switch off AC for few seconds and it really works. Some guy in my Tiago group said he was facing similar issue and its due to Valve blockage (In such a new car [surprise][frustration]) and clearing that in service center helped him. Not sure if its gonna help me.
I have not noticed jerks with AC usage in all my 11.5K km (touch wood). I do agree that AC is a power sucker and makes city rides a bit difficult with people on board.

If you experience the same try switching off AC (for me it works wonders). Cold start jerks have reduced in my car considerably after doing 1500kms but this is not a cold start issue. Even if I have driven my car for 10kms and then I stop at a shop to buy something and again start my car it might happen but its not that everytime it happens. It happens at times so I can't show the mechanic when it happens.
This could be due to climate change. With summer approaching, even early morning weather is a bit warmer compared to winter.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

@ abhishek - if you go ahead with the valve clearence thing do update if it was helpful or not. I will report this issue at the first service. And thanks. Paid some more down payment today only. Loan has passed , car is in transit. Should reach within a week.
Also there is a hard grinding noise from the break pads if pressed a little hard. Has anyone else faced the issue ?
Another thing is the indicator sound is impossible to hear even if the audio level is at 1 [lol]
Also has anyone found the fog lamps to be useful ? I turn it on and notice no difference at all.

Last edited:

Also there is a hard grinding noise from the break pads if pressed a little hard. Has anyone else faced the issue ?
Another thing is the indicator sound is impossible to hear even if the audio level is at 1 [lol]
Also has anyone found the fog lamps to be useful ? I turn it on and notice no difference at all.
1. Yes, but it went of after 1st service
2. Agreed
3. I find difference, but still not satisfied with its mediocre performance.

@ abhishek - if you go ahead with the valve clearence thing do update if it was helpful or not. I will report this issue at the first service. And thanks. Paid some more down payment today only. Loan has passed , car is in transit. Should reach within a week.
Sure will update but will check it in 2nd service which is couple of months far,
1. Brake- No noise. Generally I avoid pressing hard though.
2. Yes sound is low but doesnt bother me much as I have habit of constantly looking at mid and use lane change function when reqd.
3. I use as dusk light and is iseful for that. Having said that the fog lamps are definitely weak and I gave this feedback to Tata Territory Managers.

Thread Starter #381

After 2 missed appointments, I visited TASC to attend to my Harman backlight issue. Right after driving in, I informed TML service adviser about the illumination setting behind this issue (actually not an issue) and told them we may not have to replace the head unit. After an hour of waiting in customer lounge, I walked over to the service bay area and found the head unit was already removed [frustration]. Since the damage was already done, I updated Harman guy about the setting (who was not informed by SA) and asked him to go ahead and replace it.

While talking to them, got a chance to see the rear of Harman HU and its connection pins:
HarmanHeadUnitRear.jpg

Apparently they used metal tools to remove the head unit resulting in scratches to the dashboard trim [cry]:
DashTrimScratches.jpg

To compensate the damage, they had left these free gifts in passenger foot well area :lol!:
FreeGift.jpg

After 2 missed appointments, I visited TASC to attend to my Harman backlight issue. Right after driving in, I informed TML service adviser about the illumination setting behind this issue (actually not an issue) and told them we may not have to replace the head unit. After an hour of waiting in customer lounge, I walked over to the service bay area and found the head unit was already removed [frustration]. Since the damage was already done, I updated Harman guy about the setting (who was not informed by SA) and asked him to go ahead and replace it.

While talking to them, got a chance to see the rear of Harman HU and its connection pins:
View attachment 223925

Apparently they used metal tools to remove the head unit resulting in scratches to the dashboard trim [cry]:
View attachment 223924

To compensate the damage, they had left these free gifts in passenger foot well area :lol!:
View attachment 223926
Sad to see that those people are not listening to solutions we have and creating further issues like the scratches. Hope the problem got solved with new head unit.

This "AC" jerk was an inherent problem in the Liva as well. I used to face this jerking only when creeping in heavy traffic. But did not have this problem when it was cruising at say 30 or 40 km. Needless to say I did not have this problem when cruising on highway as well. Not sure if it has anything to do with the type of compressor used.

HI anyone please suggest good service center in Hyderabad. I usually go to Concorde Motors, Uppal only because it is the nearest place for me and unfortunately I am not satisfied with their service. First service was fine because its only minor checks.

Second one gave me problems:

1. After wheel alignment, went for test drive, immediately I noticed car was dragging to right side and when I asked them about this, answer is "its normal, car is absolutely fine." I wonder I drove my car for 6000 km and never felt like dragging, but they say its normal??? On their word, I went home, but I was not comfortable at all as it was clearly dragging to right. I had to call them again and on my insisting they asked me to come again. Went next day, they made few changes, now its almost back to normal (about 90%).

2. Car vibrations and gear lever vibrations... again same answer "its normal for Tiago."

3. Rattle sound from dashboard on top of odometer. If we put hand on it, it goes off. Answer I got "some problem with dashboard cluster, we made necessary changes and its fine now," but I still hear that sound.

Its all after 2nd service and here is the latest one, My car in bumper to bumper traffic, hardly 0-5 km speed, I hit a temporary divider block (made of concrete), making small scratches and right side of bumper came out just a little bit. Again Concord says, it may take 1 day depending on damage happened inside... One day to remove bumper and put it back?????

Apart from all these, my car is due for 3rd service NEXT month, I want to make sure these all taken care in that service and I don't trust Concord Uppal now... Please anyone suggest good service center in Hyderabad

Thank you

Anyone put fog lamps for XT? How much it costs and is it worth to add fog lamps to XT?

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

Ask them to do alignment again. They didn't do it properly.
Don't know about the cost but they are not that effective so don't install them.

Ask them to do alignment again. They didn't do it properly.
Don't know about the cost but they are not that effective so don't install them.
Thanks for reply

They did alignment twice after raising complaint through service app, but I am not totally satisfied with it, but I will get it done in my third service next month with another service center.

Fog lamps ruled out then :)

Seeking opinions of good service center in Hyderabad for my car 3rd service.. pls anyone give inputs [confused]

Thank you

Thread Starter #387

Seeking opinions of good service center in Hyderabad for my car 3rd service.. pls anyone give inputs [confused]
Thank you
Hi Murali, Please PM me your contact number, I will connect you to Hyderabad owners.

Thread Starter #388

First fuse blown yesterday:
After about 2 weeks of unattended tyre pressure, I hooked up my portable tyre inflator to top up if required. As usual a couple PSI's were down and the moment I started the compressor, it went dead. Initially I assumed the inflator went kaput but learned it had blown my charging port fuse (15Amps).
Z_IMG_20170408_115759.jpg

The blown fuse:
Z_IMG_20170408_120231.jpg

I knew there were spare fuses in engine bay fuse box, so went ahead and opened the cover by pressing the four clips pointed in this picture:
Z_IMG_20170408_172838.jpg

There was 1 spare fuse of each 5, 10, 15, 20 and 25Amps. I picked the matching 15Amps fuse. Notice the fuse puller also included in engine fuse box:
Z_IMG_20170409_091841.jpg

After successfully verifying charging port power output, tried to inflate again, only to face another blow out [frustration]. Next time, I plonked a 20Amps fuse just to see if that helps but to no luck. Even then the inflator refused to start the compressor. Didn't want to take chances so packed everything and done for the day. Next step is to find the warranty claim process of the damn inflator.

Cabin Fuse Box Diagram:
Z_IMG_20170408_115355.jpg

Engine Fuse Box Diagram:
Z_IMG_20170408_172908.jpg

Thread Starter #390

What is the power/current rating of the compressor? You should also account for starting current.
It is rated 12V and 15Amps which is the setup in my car. Besides, it worked just fine for almost 6 months before this issue.

Top Bottom