Tata Tiago EV: Price & Specifications

I feel they are going to use the same setup as that on the bolt EV. The Bolt EV too had similar figures. So it will be 24kWh battery pack for the commercial release Tiago and 30kWh Battery pack on tigor for the EESL contract. This will help with the required range figures. The higher capacity and higher model(Tigor) might be the reason for the 11 Lakh plus ex showroom price for the Tigor. Commercial Tiago should cost less.

Tata Tiago EV

Tiago Launching this December

Tata is all set to launch its first electric car, the Tiago EV. It also packs more safety features. Tata Motors is going to launch Tiago EV which will be an electric car showcased in auto expo. The price would be between Rs 6 to Rs 7 lakh and it is expected to launch in starting of December. According to the company this car will travel 100 KMs in one charge. And its top speed is 135 KM/H. new Tata Tiago EV will take just 11 seconds to reach the speed of 100, as per company's claim.

427.jpg

428.jpg

429.jpg

Source: .zeebiz.com

Last edited:
Re: Tata Tiago EV

Tiago Launching this December

Tata is all set to launch its first electric car, the Tiago EV. It also packs more safety features. Tata Motors is going to launch Tiago EV which will be an electric car showcased in auto expo. The price would be between Rs 6 to Rs 7 lakh and it is expected to launch in starting of December. According to the company this car will travel 100 KMs in one charge. And its top speed is 135 KM/H. new Tata Tiago EV will take just 11 seconds to reach the speed of 100, as per company's claim.

Source: .zeebiz.com
Wow mouth watering price for a 100km range EV, it even has an AC and safety features, @6/7L it's a steal.

Thanks for the thread Vaibhav.

Again definitely best looking electric vehicle. I used to like verity electric as well. India first ev aka Reva, now called e2o were funky looking cars shouting I am electric, but with advent of Verito, Tigor, Tiago, that has gone and electric cars look like the normal beautiful car.

Question about Tiago Electric
1. How long does it take to charge full.
2. how many charge cycles is the battery rating?

I highly doubt that price tag.

If it does come at that price though, a potential customer waiting here. [:D]

What my head is saying that Tata is going to judge the market response with Tiago and the feedback, data and other Rnd stuff and then use it for AMP based car.

Even we can or might see EV version of 45x hatch, as AMP is designed keeping EV in mind.

Coming back to Tiago EV, 100 km range would be good for daily local commuters and short distance rides however may get popular for second ride car.

A solar roof panel and Tiago can make life simple and pollution free with savings as well as it will be cheaper to run and maintain an EV with kind of VFM pricing indicated in the news

I can see a great business opportunity for local radio taxi services for small cities and dhaba wala’s.

Dhaba wala’s can install solar system and become a service provider(charging stations). This will give you business in both the ways

Tata can do it easily with help of Tata power and other companies they operate in the band ie solar setups, electricity distribution etc

All in al a great start and am up to support this as you need to start from somewhere. A ground up model is not feasible at the first go as Indian junta might not pay that much amount or show hesitation for the adoption for this new tech cars especially from brand Tata Motors

So good luck Tata and waiting for the Tiago with good luck smile

Off topic: why not design a battery pack or system like mobile phones where battery can be swapped easily. Put a tray under the seats and a slide kind of mechanism where you can add battery maybe like power bank or such and Tiago would be up for some more KM’s if needed. Offer a small kiosks (another business opportunity) to hire power bank batteries where owners can go and hire them if required for a day or two

What say?

Off topic: why not design a battery pack or system like mobile phones where battery can be swapped easily. Put a tray under the seats and a slide kind of mechanism where you can add battery maybe like power bank or such and Tiago would be up for some more KM’s if needed. Offer a small kiosks (another business opportunity) to hire power bank batteries where owners can go and hire them if required for a day or two

What say?
Exactly what I feel, Something like Cocacola or ingeneral bottling operation where you return the used bottle and take a filled bottle home. They can set up battery kiosk at every fuel pump, cars will go, replace with new battery and drive off. Deposit for additional battery can be taken so car owners can have additional battery pack in the car for emergencies. The battery kiosk will charge for the charge and maintenance of the battery. The car should have diagnostic panel to ascertain if the new battery is good or not so the user can reject and get a new battery in place.

I highly doubt that price tag.

If it does come at that price though, a potential customer waiting here. [:D]
I agree. The price quoted seems to be on the lower side, especially as they had to strip down features for managing the pricing for the government contract. While its understandable that the battery prices are coming down with more production, but still the price point I expect for the Tiago Electric would be at least 8-10 lakhs.

Nairrk

Honoured Member

100 kms per charge may be suitable for city run, but not likely attractive in the suburban or village areas. Where do we get charging points in between? There are many places where even not many CNG filling stations available yet.

I have driven my Tigor today - totalling 95 kms (2 way). Not a single charging point in these places where I travelled today and nothing available even for another 20/30 kms further. What will happen if heavy traffic or we need to take diversions which was not anticipated in the beginning of the ride resulting battery draining down - what will happen?

It's not going to sell out all the places in India like petrol/diesel cars.

TATA has clearly announced that they will launch EVs in phased manner after developing the infrastructure to install charging points city wise. So launch will not be at once across the country but city wise.

100 kms per charge may be suitable for city run, but not likely attractive in the suburban or village areas. Where do we get charging points in between? There are many places where even not many CNG filling stations available yet.

I have driven my Tigor today - totalling 95 kms (2 way). Not a single charging point in these places where I travelled today and nothing available even for another 20/30 kms further. What will happen if heavy traffic or we need to take diversions which was not anticipated in the beginning of the ride resulting battery draining down - what will happen?

As I mentioned earlier, it will serve a purpose of the second ride for office commute etc

and the reason why it cant be a ground-up EV due to low sales volume

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Tata Tiago EV (Electric) – Will it be the first EV to sell well?

Tata-Tiago-EV-rear.jpg

The Tata Tiago EV will be entering the Indian market by mid 2019. This will be a time when Tata will also work towards building the infrastructure for EVs. The Tiago EV will be the first electric car to be launched by Tata Motors. The company will be looking to cash in on the governments FAME 2.0 incentives too.

Tata-Tiago-Electric.jpg

The electric Tiago is for sure faster, silent and more fun to drive. Tata Motors will be using the same set of electric motors and battery pack on the Tigor too. Tata has won the contract for 10,000 Tigor EVs for EESL.

Read:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Tata Tiago electric launch likely in 2020 to take on WagonR EV

The year 2020 is going to be an important one in the Indian automotive history as it is set to mark a paradigm shift towards electric vehicles. Several OEMs are gearing up to foray into the zero emission space next year and it seems Tata Motors is eager to join the band wagon as well.

Speaking to Money Control on the sidelines of Harrier launch, Tata Motors Managing Director Guenter Butschek stated that the company may launch an electric vehicle in 2020. However, he also added that the automaker is not committing to the launch at the moment.

Read:

WagonR Electric has set a new benchmark of 130kms in the real world. Actually 130 KMS is a bit disappointing, I expect MSIL to try and push that to 200 Kms at-least which will sure have many takers.
Maruti Suzuki Wagon R EV likely to have 130km real-world range
I expect Maruti Suzuki to lead the way in the EV market with a good battery technology and serviceability of the car. I also expect manufacturers to provide fast charging infrastructure at home for people who are willing to have a convenient fast charging option, at an extra cost ofcourse.

Yes you are right, we need a minimum of 200 kms range at-least, with AC on and no matter what weather (I hear that range reduces in cold weather) and traffic conditions to avoid any eventuality. We may have low charge after coming home and if there is a power cut for the night then we are stranded on the next day. I also think one must have solar panels with inverter batteries and neat charging option to efficiently use an EV. I am already making concealed piping arrangements for my home to accommodate charging infrastructure.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Tata Motors confirms Tiago EV launch details

tata_tiago_ev_8d787924b6.jpg

Tata Motors announced on Friday (World EV Day 2022) that it will be extending the electric vehicle portfolio in India with the launch of the Tiago EV. The new electric car will come out as the third battery-powered vehicle from Tata Motors after Nexon EV and Tigor EV which are sold in the Indian market currently. The new Tiago EV will also sit as the most affordable electric vehicle in Tata's portfolio.

Tata, through its Tata Passenger Electric Mobility (TPEM), aims to have a 30% electric vehicle penetration by 2030. " Today, is a momentous occasion for us, as we announce the expansion of our EV portfolio further with a new mainstream intervention from the stable of Tata Motors, the Tiago EV," said Shailesh Chandra, Managing Director, Tata Motors Passenger Vehicles Ltd., and Tata Passenger Electric Mobility, making the latest announcement on World EV Day 2022.

In addition to this, the company further announced that it will launch 10 electric vehicles in different product segments, body styles and affordability levels, to make its portfolio diverse and more approachable.

"World EV Day is indeed a special day for us, as we look back and reflect on our journey so far. We are proud to lead the EV market in India, with a lion’s share of 88%. As early entrants, we have shaped the market and seen it grow with Nexon EV and Tigor EV. We have over 40,000 Tata EVs plying on road and we are grateful to the early adopters who have shown faith in the brand. Leveraging group synergies, we have also established Tata UniEVerse, a one of its kind EV ecosystem, which is further propelling the EV adoption," added Chandra.

However, Tata hasn't shared any launch timeline for the Tiago EV yet. Expect the same to take place by early 2023. The new announcement comes only a day after Mahindra revealed its XUV400 electric in India on Thursday.

Timiesnownews

Top Bottom