Tata Tiago (2019): First Time Car Owner's Experience

deville_56

Honoured Member
Can you please let me know the possible improvement on turbo charged cars ? Specifically asking for the Brezza 1.3 diesel engine. Please let me know if there are some disadvantages as well.

@ vijesh - what are the charges for the remap ?
Main difference for the 1.3 MJD would be reduced turbo lag and improved low-end. Claimed figures are up to 25 bhp and 50 Nm bump. For stage I, only disadvantage heard so far is warranty issues if found by the dealer.

Thread Starter #93
April 2021
Odo - 10350 Kms

The car is being driven less due to the 2nd wave of the Pandemic. I have stopped going out unnecessarily. It now just sees weekly grocery runs. Been travelling in my bike for work. Hope things start to recover this month.

Oh! Its my bad. Forgive me for confusing it with diesel tiago with revotorq engine (which has been discontinued post BS6).
So maybe it's just the tyres,which you can compare by driving any other car with factory specs.
Actually the JTP Avatar of Tiago and Tigor run on 1.2L 3 pot turbo petrol engine, the same motor which propels Petrol Nexon

Thread Starter #96
May 2021
Odo - 10700 Kms

Had to take my car to native. So applied for e-pass and went. The remap is very effective. The car is eager to go past 120 Kmph, which we cant maintain because of the annoying speed limit sound. My comfortable cruising speed has become 110-120 kmph and the car is now giving 18 Kmpl. It used to give 18 only when maintaining a speed of 100 kmph. The remap has been satisfactory in giving me better power and mileage as well.

IMG_1326.jpg

May 2021
Odo - 10700 Kms

Had to take my car to native. So applied for e-pass and went. The remap is very effective. The car is eager to go past 120 Kmph, which we cant maintain because of the annoying speed limit sound. My comfortable cruising speed has become 110-120 kmph and the car is now giving 18 Kmpl. It used to give 18 only when maintaining a speed of 100 kmph. The remap has been satisfactory in giving me better power and mileage as well.
Nice to know that. [thumbsup] Missed this update about remapping. This is on my mind too for my Tigor, let's see may be next year.

Couple of quick questions -
Does it affect warranty?
Also I've read that it gets reverted if ECU update is performed at SC during servicing, is it true?

deville_56

Honoured Member
Yes it does.

No idea. But I think it would rewrite the data. So dont go for a software update. Ask them not to update even if any update is available.
Usual practise is reverting to stock map before going for updates or warranty claims and re-doing the remap. Code 6 offers that. Out of warranty, no one is bothered about OE updates and can be declined as such.

Thread Starter #100
June 2021
Odo 11400 Kms

The car saw some action in first week of june due a round trip to my native. The other weeks it was mostly idle. My detailing sessions at home will not be possible from next month as I am shifting to a flat where washing the car with a pressure washer is not possible. Need to find some alternatives for it.

Thread Starter #102
August 2021
Odo - 16800

1.jpg

Changed to NGK iridum spark plugs. costed me 500 per plug. The initial impression is that throttle response is better. Can expect marginal improvements in mileage as well.
3.jpg

12500 kms run stock champion plug vs new ngk plug. I wonder how Tata recommends spark plug change once in 45000 kms. Yes the plug would have been in better condition if not for the remap but still I dont think it will be good enough for 45k kms. Maybe they have done it in order to reduce the ownership costs. Anyways, the only pending upgrade from my bucket list is Brake upgrade which I am not able to find for now.
4.jpg

Maruti recommends plug change at 40k kms, hyundais at 30k kms. I prefer doing at 30k kms. I have never found gap issues although, but have got improved FE, by 0.5kmpl to 1kmpl than the earlier figures.(People tend to change when they start to get low FEs, I prefer the opposite, getting it changed just before FE drops).
Even fuel filter I changed at 30k kms, while MSIL recommends 40kkms.

deville_56

Honoured Member
My mechanic recommends a change at every 20k kms for normal plug and 30k kms for iridium plugs.
Iridium can last long, really long, ting-tong.

NGK gives them a life expectancy of 40-50k miles. But they have to temper their projections as driving conditions and motor modifications differ. Typically we have found you can expect 60,000 to 80,000 miles on an unaltered motor. NGK Laser Iridium Spark Plugs have iridium center and a platinum ground electrodes.

Top Bottom