Tata Tiago (2019): First Time Car Owner's Experience

Thread Starter #76
If it happened after wheel balancing/alignment, it can be due to their re-installation as well.
Wheel Balancing and alignment was done almost 3000 kms prior to this. So I mostly think it is water damage. Last week my wheels were dirty, so had to go a little rough on the wheels with the brush and had to spray water from a very close point. Will get it checked today or tomorrow with my friend before going back to TASS.

Thread Starter #77
Checked the car at my friend's garage. The right side ABS sensor is not working according to the scan. Will need to go to the showroom for warranty. Also he asked me to get the wrong checked. Will post further updates when things happen.

Thread Starter #79
January 2021
The car has clocked 8200 kms. Very less running this month. The ABS sensor warranty replacement has not been done yet as the part has not yet arrived as per the SA. Everything else is fine with the car. Clay barred, polished and waxed the car for her First birthday.
1.jpg

Thread Starter #81
More new goodies for her. Half the work completed. Small wiring works need to be done to get it working to its full potential.

Costed me Rs. 12,300/- for the Headlight from TASS. Need to source India or Tigor's couplers for the levering motor to work and also fuse tap to make both the high and low beam work. Will get it done shortly.

e1206527-ce06-497a-abcb-278f30a0a4bb.JPG

Old one is removed.
IMG_0913.jpg

The car is completely transformed. Love the way how it looks now.
IMG_0915.jpg

Thread Starter #82
February 2021
Odo - 9300 Kms
IMG_0858.jpg
IMG_0859.JPG

Did a Coimbatore - Banglore - Coimbatore trip in 16 hours. On my previous highway trip, I maintained 90-100 Kmph and got odo indicated mileage around 19 something. This time wanted to check the mileage in higher average speeds. So maintained 110-120 this time around. The mileage in the below pic is after driving through the Banglore traffic from Electronic city to Yeshwanthpur and vice versa at around 12 PM to 2 PM.
IMG_0890.jpg

The below pic was taken next morning as I forgot to take pics after completing the drive.
IMG_0892.jpg
IMG_0893.jpg
IMG_0901.jpg

Thread Starter #83
Need to source India or Tigor's couplers for the levering motor to work and also fuse tap to make both the high and low beam work. Will get it done shortly.
Wiring work done. Now both High Beam and Low Beam bulbs turn on when we turn on High Beam. A friend from Tiago whatsapp group couriered me the Fuse Taps.

Thread Starter #86
Got the wheel alignment checked, all wheels balanced and rotated front and back. Car was pulling left side and steering was also tilted to the left slightly. Everything was corrected.
IMG_0976.jpg

The performance mods have been done. Will be posting about them shortly.

Thread Starter #87
Remapping
Got the car remapped from Code6 Tuning, Coimbatore. Stage 2 Ecu Tuning was done and BMC Stock Replacement Filter was installed. The car has gained 9 bhp power and 16 nm torque over the stock which is approximately 10% gains. Did a pre and post remap dyno run to confirm the gains. The car is more drivable now in city at lower rpms. So my shifting patterns have changed and so the mileage has increased by 0.5 kmpl in city as per MID. Need to test the car in highway. There is a flat spot on the torque graph. Need to know if it can be changed.
2.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Thread Starter #89
Yes. I was informed before. The main reason I remapped is because I wanted to improve the low end and mid range performance. Now the power delivery is better and mileage has improved.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Remapping is effective on Turbo charged cars.
Non turbo cars have negligible improvement.
Can you please let me know the possible improvement on turbo charged cars ? Specifically asking for the Brezza 1.3 diesel engine. Please let me know if there are some disadvantages as well.

@ vijesh - what are the charges for the remap ?

Top Bottom