Tata Tiago (2019): First Time Car Owner's Experience

Nairrk

Honoured Member
MVD Kerala was on a spree in catching mods. How's the things there in tvm now bro?
I don't know the situation about TVM, but suggest avoiding making any such changes, at least for the time being. Seems, they have been checking all over Kerala.

Last week I was coming back from my relative place, en route there was Police checking going on. They stopped me also and then one guy came round the car and finally stopped in left front side of the windshield and looked at the sticker fixed down the corner. Luckily, that was a South India Automobile Association' sticker which he looked and did not say anything..I was worried that TAI sticker affixed to the rear is going to catch his attention but seems he didn't see it or just not bothered it.

I have seen few cars were stopped and parked side of the road and most of them all have visible changes like Bigger rims/tyres, steel bumper guards, etc. Another thing I have seen was that One officer in one hand holding the RC of the car and checking something on his mobile (may be googling?) to see the original colour/fittings of the car?

I am sure that I did not change or upgrade anything other than the headlight bulbs which he may not come to know unless open the headlight assembly and see it and a front and rear parking camera which in any case is not a problem it seems.

Be careful.!

Thread Starter #65
Update on Suspension

Drove the car for about 1000 kms after the suspension change with 200 kms city and 800 kms of highway driving. The car feels more stable and seems like more responsive (may be just to do with the mind). The lane changes are quick and the comfort hasn't taken any beating at all with my driving style (I usually go over very very slowly on potholes and bumps even with the stock set up). My comfortable cruising speed has increased from 80-90 to 100-110.

Car has clocked 7900 Kms. It is due for its 3rd Service ( First Oil service) before December 31st. No other issues for now except the Fog Lamp(Fitted from the showroom) bulb getting fused twice in 2 weeks. Need to check for issues at my friend's garage.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Car has clocked 7900 Kms. It is due for its 3rd Service ( First Oil service) before December 31st.
I presume your car has no auto folding ORVM's? If yes, then when you visit the service centre for next service ask them the rate for fixing auto folding ORVM.s.
My Tigor also has no auto folding ORVM's and I heard all Tiago/Tigor's manufactured from 2019 is equipped with auto folding ORVM's.

I checked with our guys here, but they just casually said it will cost around Rs.20k which I feel too high. My next service is also due this month and prefer to fit the auto folding ORVM's on my car during the service.

Thread Starter #67
I presume your car has no auto folding ORVM's? If yes, then when you visit the service centre for next service ask them the rate for fixing auto folding ORVM.s.
My Tigor also has no auto folding ORVM's and I heard all Tiago/Tigor's manufactured from 2019 is equipped with auto folding ORVM's.
Auto Folding ORVM's can't be fitted unless you change the BCM unit, and it will cost a bomb and I don't think it is an easy process. In contract, you can fit electric adjusting mirrors easily if you don't have it. I am planning for it in the future.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Auto Folding ORVM's can't be fitted unless you change the BCM unit, and it will cost a bomb and I don't think it is an easy process. In contract, you can fit electric adjusting mirrors easily if you don't have it. I am planning for it in the future.
See below video (I have already shared this in some other thread) - It seems easy fitment if you have the mirror set from Tata which I think the dealer's may have it now .

Thread Starter #71
Third Service - Odo 7965 Kms
Got the oil service done. No unnecessary add-ons this time. Specifically asked them not to wash the car. Oil and oil filter were replaced. Wheel balance and wheel alignment were checked ( as per the SA) which is included in the service. Dropped the car around 10 AM. There was some police enquiry issue going on so they informed me that work would be started only around 1 PM. I gave the go ahead and asked them to deliver the car by 2.30, 3.00 PM as I had to go to work. They obliged. But due to an issue which I brief below, I got the car back at 4.30 PM only.
1.jpg

Meanwhile an issue has cropped up. ABS light was on for 1 or 2 mins while driving yesterday. Then it went off automatically. Informed the SA. They did the diagnostics and informed me that the ABS sensor has failed. Now the ABS light is on always. And they cited the large size tyres as the reason. But they said they will replace the sensor under warranty some other day as the part is not available. Something similar happened to my Duke during the Ladakh ride. The mechanic ran the diagnostics and cleared the DTC codes. He said water has entered the sensor and so the sensor didn't work initially. After the code was cleared there was no issues. I hope it is the same here and will take the car to my friend's garage and get the code cleared and hope there is no need for ABS Sensor Replacement . I have removed the negative terminal of the battery for 20 mins and connected it back, But the light is still on.
2.jpg

Some random shots of my car.
4.jpg

3.jpg

@Nairrk Sir, I enquired about the mirrors and they have no clue if it is possible at all. SA told me he will inform the cost of the mirror, but I don't think he will get back to me for this.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #73
Sorry, I didn't make it clear. They did not tell me it was because of the larger tyres, they told me that the sensor might have been damaged during the installation of these large tyres. But anyways, no problem. They will replace it in warranty.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
@Nairrk Sir, I enquired about the mirrors and they have no clue if it is possible at all. SA told me he will inform the cost of the mirror, but I don't think he will get back to me for this
Yes, most of these dealer/service centre guys are lazy and they don't even bother to check what a Customer asks.

When I wanted to change my stock Harman head unit to a touch screen device, I first asked these dealer guys but they simply said they cannot. Then I wrote an email to them with a copy to TAMO. Again, same response. Finally, I wrote another email with copies to all TAMO senior guys and asked them either they arrange a touch screen HU or permit me to fit one from other sources. After seeing this, they woke up and then things moved fast.

Like above, I will first ask my dealer/service centre and if no positive response then will write to TAMO otherwise do it from outside sources

deville_56

Honoured Member
Sorry, I didn't make it clear. They did not tell me it was because of the larger tyres, they told me that the sensor might have been damaged during the installation of these large tyres. But anyways, no problem. They will replace it in warranty.
If it happened after wheel balancing/alignment, it can be due to their re-installation as well.

May be due to water damage as well. Experienced that will Volkswagen's sensors. Dunno how many times it was replaced. It blinks during rain. ABS lights always on after last heavy rain.

Upsizing won't cause any ABS error unless wheel sizes are different causing confusion between sensors.

Top Bottom