Tata Sumo - Modify it or Not?

Thread Starter #1
Hai everyone, I own Tata sumo Ezi 2004 model which clocked 150000 now. I have many ideas to modify my sumo but one thing what irritates me is its odo readings. Yes already it is one and half kilometers done[frustration]. So my query is what is the range of this vehicle engine. Shall i go for modification or leave it as its original shape.
But my sumo is still running good without any problem and even single break down. It is well maintained as stock.
My modification are full body paint, putting alloys and good brand tyres, fog lamps and more..
Guys please give me suggestion for me whether i will go for mod job or leave that..My only question is whether the current odo reading is already crosses the my vehicle lifetime.

AMG

Suspended
Post the current pics, and the reference pics of what you want to convert it into

It all depends on you whether you want to keep it for some more time or not.
As for your concern regarding the odo, rest assured, Sumos are built to last for lacs of kms. I know a person who is still driving his 3lac km+ Victa without any major troubles.

Also do post some pics of your ride which will help us suggest well suited mods for you.

yup post the pic of exterior and interior of your car .SO that we can tell you what mod can be done . I think ilango did mentioned somewhere that sumo engine has life of 3L but not sure .

Thread Starter #5
@akash: If that victa's issue is true, then i will be happy[:D]..i mean that 3+ lacs km

And soon i will post the pics of sumo both exterior and interior. BTW, i had idea to sell but for my dad, this is not just car, He consider it as one of the family.
But the good one from this decision, we have planned to buy new hatchback as the replacement of my alto.

@akash: If that victa's issue is true, then i will be happy[:D]..i mean that 3+ lacs km
The car has covered an extra 20,000 kms after the last time i checked her. The same owner has another Victa which has clocked 100K till now. But the latter is used for commercial purpose.

350Z

Core Team
Earlier Sumos were usually built to last, no matters how much the car has done. This car is capable enough to tackle some of the worst roads in India, as a reason it was quite popular in rural areas. Modifying it or not entirely depends upon your future plans. I’d still not recommend any heavy modifications. This car looks nice as is, just refurbish and install basic accessories to make it look neat. Some photographs and budget would help to advise accordingly.

Drive Safe,
350Z

hey buddy you still didn't posted any pics?? do add some so that some people can help you! [:)]

Top Bottom