Tata Sierra: Technical Queries & Solutions

Tata sierra non turbo

I recently bought tata sierra non turbo, model.
The engine done with 1,89,000kms, but still its sealed and in very good condition.
But more body sounds. That, I can solve with my tinker.
Now, I have two more problems here.
1. Although the engine is in very good condition, the pick up is not that much great, again I can here a noise from the axle when I release the clutch. Addition to that gear shift is little bit hard.
2. Now after getting out from the first problem, I want to fit a roof AC for my sierra, is that suggestable. If yes I have few queries like which compressor I have to use, will it reduce my engine pickup, do I need to change the condenser and cool.

Please help me out with some suggestions for about 2 problems eagerly waiting for reply

thank you

Re: Tata Sierra - Technical Queries and Solutions

@ trishal i would suggest visit the local scrap for old safari roof blowers, for A/C you need not change the compressor as the compressor that originally came with the sierra is too good. its only the blower that needs to be replaced, replace the blower with super king, original one will cost you 13-14k whereas old used superking blowers which are good are available at 5.5-6k, Also as you are wanting to go for roof blower you may have to purchase a NRV ( non return valve). The total damage for this work would be around 35-40k so think twice before you take the step. adding only superking blower in the front would give enough cool air at the back.

i would suggest first change to superking blower check if the cooling is enough for all the occupants if not then go ahead with the roof blower. hope the info helps.

1997 Tata Sierra Turbo

I've recently purchased an used Tata Sierra Turbo. It is in good condition except for some old pipes and belts and a missing tank inside the engine bay. I couldn't understand what that tank is for. I'll post the pictures soon

i feel it is available. even if its not Any broad 2.5 inch hose can be fitted for it, ask the mechanic for solution if you do not get the part.

Hi Sahu,

The only thing that can bend the ac compressor is a huge weight or pressure put down by a accident or a hammer.

Best thing is to remove the bumper put the belts and check are they really move that much out of alignment because mechanics are like doctors thousand of them with different opinion and maintaining such old beauty is tough job.

Re: 1997 Tata Sierra Turbo

I've recently purchased an used Tata Sierra Turbo. It is in good condition except for some old pipes and belts and a missing tank inside the engine bay. I couldn't understand what that tank is for. I'll post the pictures soon
I am sure @Incarnation and others will guide you on your queries, have you tried 99rpm.com they have all things TATA & FIAT, hope this helps.

Some pics of the ride. Planning to get the roof channels weld shut as there is some leak somewhere. I would also like a complete overhaul of the electrical wiring. A/C is out too, will check later. Planning to sort out the niggles one by one at a slow pace.

Attachments

yeah do not rush through all the problems at once, slowly month on moth get each work done that ways you would not feel the pinch. Getting that part is difficult i guess however TATA Safari shared the same TCIC engine. so i think we can try in A.S.S.

TCIC Safaris are a rare species just like the Sierras now. I visited both passenger & Commercial ASS, hoping some parts of either TCIC Safari or 207 might be in stock. Turns out no one is interested in these vehicles any more. On my way back from Tata Commercial ASS, got a small pack of Araldite, fixed the broken part with it. Hope it would work until I find a new piece, may be from Coimbatore as Ilango suggested, and I'm planning to stock at least 2-3 pieces as all these things are cheap. I'm afraid it might be more scarce to find it after 1-2 year.

Attachments

Top Bottom