Tata Sierra Suspension Lift

Thread Starter #1
So finally, me & my friend bought a 1995 tata sierra for 70k[clap] The car is in very nice running condition , i.e. engine is overhauled & suspension are fine. The power steering, power windows & A/C hav some work which will be finished soon. Its hooked with 235/70-15 tyres installed by the previous owner. We wanna upgrade it to 235/70-16, i.e. stock size of safari, scorpio etc, the profile will be kept 70 to retain the comfort!! Alloys are going in but its obvious the suspension height has to be raised to make space for the 16inchers. Now i heard of some kind of suspension shackles used to raise suspension by 2-4 inches without changing or modifying the springs etc. The question is where to source these & will these fit? because sierra has coil springs both front & rear. Any other way to raise the suspension[confused]
356439987_be04b123ec.jpg

congrats on sierra! please post review. i dont have any tech info. maybe other gurus can help you out..[thumbsup]

Got new 16 incher and on heavy suspension work , the tyre touches the mud flap.

On closer inspection , older tyres have almost made the bolt head smooth , that holds the rear mudflap. -

One point to be noted is , this happens on the side , where the stay rod bush had worn out to the core , that is literally there is no bush on that side, that have made the axle to move a bit back on harsh conditions.

On turning lock to lock , inner side walls do get scratched, and on slight release after a full turn makes this easy. solution , add some spacers to bring the wheels a bit outside.

i practice the former one - easy and i do not prefer thick spacers.

Shackle lift works only for leaf spring setups. For coil spring, use coil spring spacers. They are readily available, moulded thermoplastic which fits in between the coils. As for tyres touching, either get spacers fabrcated, not much, maybe half inch, or get negative offset alloys.

I won't post anything..FIRST OF ALL SHOW ME THE PICS OF THE SIERRA,please.
Rest,follow the words of Ilango,he is a mobile manual(chalta firta auto manual),his advise will be simply perfect.

Shackle lift works only for leaf spring setups. For coil spring, use coil spring spacers. They are readily available, moulded thermoplastic which fits in between the coils. As for tyres touching, either get spacers fabrcated, not much, maybe half inch, or get negative offset alloys.
Yeah , but in sierra case lifting is not needed.

Both front and rear , negative offset alloys do work , else a spacer.

rear wheels scraps at rear part- mud flap area.
and when the vehicle is lift , that is not in puncture case , where we lift along with the axle - when the body is lifted and axle is not lifted the inner walls of tyre do touch the stay rod - upper part - not a harm though and we dont lift the chassis alone so often . maximum its once in a year or two! [evil]

Any ways picture of the rear tyre taken while typing this post. the quality may be low , since i zoomed from the room - i accept am lazy!

The thing marked in red is scarping at rear
and the foot rest scraps when the axle alone is lowered. - as said earlier no a issue as in 99% when the axle is lowered for installing new bushes the tyres are removed!!![evil]

Attachments

Top Bottom