Tata Safari Varicor 400 Drive Review

Hi TAIgers,

Any idea where can i buy the front grill of Varicor400 in Bangalore. I want to upgrade my pre- Varicor400 storme with this grill

Thread Starter #62

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Hi TAIgers,

Any idea where can i buy the front grill of Varicor400 in Bangalore. I want to upgrade my pre- Varicor400 storme with this grill
Instead of going aftermarket way, suggest you to ask the ASC. It would be of much better quality and workmanship will be good too. Of-course the price would be different.

Regards

Akash

How come I missed this thread for these many years ! lol

Now that Varun and Myself own a storme Ex.
Even the TD vehicle had lot of vibration at 100mph. Poor maintenance.

Mine was fine until the first ever wheel balancing. after a lot of trial with 3 to 4 machines the car is back to normal. Also the rear suspension was changed in wty.

I also read in this thread , front facing 3rd row. We have hexa now for that purpose .

Storme is meant for the 5 ppl only ! and hope all the safari owners are happy with that!

Just bumped on this thread and wonder how i missed this. I bought Storme Varicor 400 4x2 VX in Aug 2018. So far I am happy with the car. Minor rattles in the roof AC bothers me which cant be controlled by Concorde Chennai. I feel the ride quality is stiff and potholes are felt badly. Its nowhere close to "plush" ride as many say about Safari Storme. Did they change the suspension setup recently? There is no body roll at all. Sometimes I feel the body roll is better than my earlier Punto on similar sections. Can someone suggest how can I find if suspension is really stiff than normal on this car and how to correct it?

bhvm

Honoured Member
I feel the ride quality is stiff and potholes are felt badly. Its nowhere close to "plush" ride as many say about Safari Storme. Did they change the suspension setup recently? There is no body roll at all. Sometimes I feel the body roll is better than my earlier Punto on similar sections. Can someone suggest how can I find if suspension is really stiff than normal on this car and how to correct it?
What are you comparing this with?
Was your own car better when you had it out the showroom? Has the stiffness increased gradually in recent months? Suddenly?

Storme is stiffer than Old school Safari and has limited body roll. But it should still be softer than say an XUV 500 or Fortuner.

I have not travelled or driven XUV 500 or fortuner. I am comparing ride quality with common cars like baleno, i20, Honda City etc. It has been stiff ever since I drove it out of the showroom. Initially I thought it will cure itself once run in period is over but it remains so.

It shouldn't be so stiff. I suggest you get the car checked at a good ASC.
I complained this issue with Concorde Chennai SA in 10K service. Surprisingly they didn’t understand what “ride quality “ means. Then I explained in layman terms in various ways and finally they took it for a test drive in a rough road with me sitting as co pilot. I screamed whenever I felt harsh road beneath me but the SA said it was normal. Finally they did nothing regarding that. In my next service I will try Gurudev Motors as I heard they are the best TASS in Chennai. Let us see if they could acknowledge the issue if not solve it.

I complained this issue with Concorde Chennai SA during 10K service. Surprisingly they didn’t understand what “ride quality “ means. Then I explained in layman terms in various ways and finally they took it for a test drive in a rough road with me sitting as co pilot. I screamed whenever I felt harsh road beneath me but the SA said it was normal. Finally they did nothing regarding that. In my next service I will try Gurudev Motors as I heard they are the best TASS in Chennai. Let us see if they could acknowledge the issue if not solve it.

. I feel the ride quality is stiff and potholes are felt badly. Its nowhere close to "plush" ride as many say about Safari Storme. Did they change the suspension setup recently? There is no body roll at all. Sometimes I feel the body roll is better than my earlier Punto on similar sections. Can someone suggest how can I find if suspension is really stiff than normal on this car and how to correct it?
25 K Kms and I can vouch Storme EX 2017 has best suspension and plush ride. Recently I took test drive of brand new Marazzo, Swift and Brezza. They are no where near to the ride quality of storme. You feel stiffness and connection to the road underneath.

Have u personally checked any leakage from shock absorbers?

25 K Kms and I can vouch Storme EX 2017 has best suspension and plush ride. Recently I took test drive of brand new Marazzo, Swift and Brezza. They are no where near to the ride quality of storme. You feel stiffness and connection to the road underneath.

Have u personally checked any leakage from shock absorbers?
it

Not checked personally of any leakage but I hope there is none as I have given it for service twice and mentioned about stiff ride to the SA. If there was anything they would have found it suring inspection.

HI All,

I am facing problem with my used Storme which i recently purchased. My shoe ( upper toe part) gets stuck when I operate the clutch .Is there a solution to this? I wear size 11 shoes and operate the clutch with the middle of my foot.( between toe and heel ) . Is this a wrong practice?

I'm in Pune. I suggest try 2nd hand car dealers.
There are several used car dealers in Viman nagar , hadapsar, katraj kondhwa road and also Satara road. However for buying a used car , my best experience has been on droom.in

HI All,

I am facing problem with my used Storme which i recently purchased. My shoe ( upper toe part) gets stuck when I operate the clutch .Is there a solution to this? I wear size 11 shoes and operate the clutch with the middle of my foot.( between toe and heel ) . Is this a wrong practice?
I think you should operate clutch with your toes. Your heel should rest on the floor and your toe should never go above the pedal bed. I don’t think any problem with your shoes or clutch. I hope you use shoes that cover all your feet - top and bottom and not sandals. Never use sandals while driving a car. Barefoot driving is ok, flat and thin sole shoes are the best.

Top Bottom