Tata Safari Varicor 400 Drive Review

Thread Starter #17

Akash1886

Honoured Member
@Akash, amongst the Creta 1.6 MT & Varicor 400, which one seems VFM?
For Space, Seating, Off-roading and power/torque Safari Storme is good choice but if you need AT Convenience, ASC network, Elegant Interiors then Creta is good. In terms of performance, I don't think Creta can be compared to Varicor 400 as there is a difference of 600cc in the engine size firstly.

Regards

Akash

I have compared the SX+ with Storme VXand I feel that Storme VX with much more space, and power is definitely VFM choice.

Ofcourse the interiors of Creta are tad bit better with touch screen ICE but Harman in Storme must fare better than one in Creta.

So for me its Storme VX

For pure SUV feel with tough body on frame construction and with benefits of rear wheel drive there is no option but Storme 400nm its the real SUV! If the requirement is a more car like feel and petrol engine option then Creta.

@Akash: Nice and much awaited review.

Can you please comment on NVH comparison between varicor 320 and 400?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #21

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Can u please comment on NVH comparison between varicor 320 and 400?
Sir as I have driven both, the NVH in both the models have been a pleasant experience. In both models NVH was well modulated. Cabin is silent as well. If you accelerate this Varicor 400 above 2K RPM then you'll be able to hear the growl else its a silent and refined beast.

Regards

Akash

Ofcourse the interiors of Creta are tad bit better with touch screen ICE but Harman in Storme must fare better than one in Creta.
What!!! I have seen people criticising Creta for interiors infact.
And touch screen is hardly 25 k aftermarket matter for any car.

Me feels Creta has got only FE advantage over Storme.

I think they will have to rework on the entire chassis to make the front facing third row feasible, If they make it front facing now the last 2 seats will still remain uncomfortable. May be they might work on it later..Cause it is Tata motors after all.

The Creta is actually a fake Crossover. It is very soft in feel like a hatchback or sedan and doesn't feel SUV enough. Feels like an i20 on stilts and that's it. It is nowhere comparable to the "Real SUV" the Safari.

I think they will have to rework on the entire chassis to make the front facing third row feasible, If they make it front facing now the last 2 seats will still remain uncomfortable. May be they might work on it later..Cause it is Tata motors after all.
This is just for me. I like the storme as it is. i.e. side facing front seats.

If you want to take the car for some rough no-road country ride, the Storme is the right car esp 4WD, not the faux crossovers like Creta. IMO even the XUV will find the going tough in the 2wd avatar. Only a highly upgraded and reworked Scorpio/Bolero will come close to the Storme. The Duster might just do it in AWD mode, but will still fall a bit short in terms of overall toughness compared to the ladder-frame chassis. Those who want to buy a proper SUV and have 16 lac to spare, should look only at the Varicor 400. Unless someone wants to just carry a pretty suitcase and picnic hamper on a sunny afternoon to a resort. Then the Creta will do.

Last edited:
Depends on the definition of VFM. If VFM is more metal per rupee, it is the Varicor 400, but if it is a contemporary, better engineered, better finished, international product, it is the Creta.

This is just for me. I like the storme as it is. i.e. side facing front seats.
Iknow this is a typo but can't help smiling wide. [lol]
Again if the seats can be folder but facing front just like in the geneva auto expo though not suited to the purpose none the less front facing storme may get in more numbers

Tornado, Let us compare Apples to Apples.
Creta is a mini (fake) SUV. It is just a big car with a higher GC.
An SUV by definition should sport a rear wheel drive at least and by this definition Creta / Ecosport / Duster (4x2) are out of this league.
Take a test drive in the Varicor 400. I bet it will leave you smiling for the rest of the day.
Talking about VFM - Define your requirements like budget limits / interior features / exterior looks / road presence / off-roading capability / no of passengers. Then narrow down to the models that fit into the scope of these requirements. That's the way to go.

If you want to take the car for some rough no-road country ride, the Storme is the right car esp 4WD, not the faux crossovers like Creta. IMO even the XUV will find the going tough in the 2wd avatar. Only a highly upgraded and reworked Scorpio/Bolero will come close to the Storme. The Duster might just do it in AWD mode, but will still fall a bit short in terms of overall toughness compared to the ladder-frame chassis. Those who want to buy a proper SUV and have 16 lac to spare, should look only at the Varicor 400. Unless someone wants to just carry a pretty suitcase and picnic hamper on a sunny afternoon to a resort. Then the Creta will do.
In short, precise words you have explained the capability of safari.

I ask my self, if not Safari Storme, then which vehicle, suitable, for my requirement?

I don't have answer.

Top Bottom