Tata Safari & Storme: Technical Issues & Solutions

I have crossed 2100KM in less than a month. Today morning while driving to office my malfunction lamp started glowing. Called KHT Service center and went there for checking. It goes off automatically when I switched off and started after 5 minutes. The Service Advisor told me it is normal and no need to worry. No error codes were checked.

Is it normal with safari?
Hi Ram,

Even I had face similar issue with my vehicle. Infact I drove the vehicle with lamp on for about 2 KM (hoping it to go-off) It did not. It was late night hence could not get in touch with my SA. Later on I turned off the engine and started the car after 10 min, the indicator worked well. I have not yet gone to TASS as I am pretty held up in work but after that I did not see that happening again.

By chance do you start your vehicle instantly or let the indicators go-off and then turn on the ignition? I suspect that day I had turned on the engine instantly like we do in petrol cars.

Its about 500km since that issue has not yet cropped up.

Hi Ram,

Even I had face similar issue with my vehicle. Infact I drove the vehicle with lamp on for about 2 KM (hoping it to go-off) It did not. It was late night hence could not get in touch with my SA. Later on I turned off the engine and started the car after 10 min, the indicator worked well. I have not yet gone to TASS as I am pretty held up in work but after that I did not see that happening again. But when I stopped in Service station for five minutes and then started, it vanished.

By chance do you start your vehicle instantly or let the indicators go-off and then turn on the ignition? I suspect that day I had turned on the engine instantly like we do in petrol cars.

Its about 500km since that issue has not yet cropped up.
I drove almost 5 KM with this malfunction lamp on. I guess today I was in some hurry and started my vehicle instantly like our petrol car. But I noticed the warning light only after driving around 7 KM. Then I stopped my car for 10 - 20 seconds without removing my keys, I started again and the warning was still there.

My Service adviser told if that happens again switch of the vehicle, unlock the central locking and then after 5 - 10 minutes start the vehicle. I will monitor this issue and report to you, if it happens again. No change in vehicle behavior though :).

If you have a OBD2 scanner or someone in bangalore does, you can scan the car to read the codes - that should help in diagnosis. It shouldn't matter really even if you dont wait for the heating coil - its not advisable but it shouldn't cause the engine malfunction to light.

It could be something silly electrical, but best to diagnose with an obd 2 scanner.

I have crossed 2100KM in less than a month. Today morning while driving to office my malfunction lamp started glowing. Called KHT Service center and went there for checking. It goes off automatically when I switched off and started after 5 minutes. The Service Advisor told me it is normal and no need to worry. No error codes were checked.

Is it normal with safari?
I have been driving mine for 4 years, nothing to worry. It happens and it goes, mostly during city driving in my case. On highways, havn't seen it happening frequently. Checked a no of times at TASS and they say "all is well." If it bothers you much then try switching the vehicle off and on 2 to 3 times. The light will switch off on its own!

Thanks 'The Monk' for your suggestions. My rear door jammed yesterday night. I was not able to open from outside and inside too. Any solutions veterans?

Thanks 'The Monk' for your suggestions. My rear door jammed yesterday night. I was not able to open from outside and inside too. Any solutions veterans?
Well rear door meaning rear passenger seat door or the rear hatch door? Anyways what ever the door be it, firstly you may not be able to open the door from inside if the child lock switch is engaged. But since you are unable to open the door from outside, looks like you are having issue with that specific door. Kindly have the lock replace by TASS. They would do it for free.
I know you have definitely done this but just to be sure, have you click your keys unlock button twice? As on first click only the driver side door gets unlocked. On second click rest of the doors get unlocked.

Its the rear hatch door. Yes I used child lock for that door. I clicked twice the unlock button in my key but in vain. I will visit TASS.

Yest i was driving down from Mumbai, i had switched on the AC but after some time i realised only the blower was working, even though the AC was the car was throwing hot air via blower, i stopped at the side and did some quick checks and noticed the condenser fan wasnt working, so now i dont know if its really the condenser fan problem or the gas problem.[cry]

Yest i was driving down from Mumbai, i had switched on the AC but after some time i realised only the blower was working, even though the AC was the car was throwing hot air via blower, i stopped at the side and did some quick checks and noticed the condenser fan wasnt working, so now i dont know if its really the condenser fan problem or the gas problem.[cry]
Hit TASC imdtly. No point trying to find a retro solution and driving the truck without AC

Re: Tata Safari Storme Road Test Drive Review

Hey guys,
I am experiencing one issue in my Storme since last few days. The SUV pulls towards left while driving. Have checked the alignment balancing couple of times but still this issue exists. Sometimes i feel that road it inclined towards left but sometimes even on perfect road i feel this issue.
is there anyone facing this issue with their Storme?

Re: Tata Safari Storme Road Test Drive Review

Hey guys,
I am experiencing one issue in my Storme since last few days. The SUV pulls towards left while driving. Have checked the alignment balancing couple of times but still this issue exists. Sometimes i feel that road it inclined towards left but sometimes even on perfect road i feel this issue.
is there anyone facing this issue with their Storme?
ya, same thing i too had developed in my safari. Thereafter i got tyre pressure checked, found less pressure in front left tyre, got it refilled and was working fine...till for a few days, the problem cropped again and again less tyre pressure. I got the tyre checked and all seams fine but repeated air filling within 20 days is mandatory now.

Any update on what the issue was?

Top Bottom