Tata Safari & Storme: Technical Issues & Solutions

Guyz,

Off late i see my ac blower is not working as expected, Now the blower speed feels like 1 and in 1 there is very negligible air blowing out.

Any idea what it could be, as the AC gas is refilled before shirdi trip last month.
Is it same from front and rear blowers or there is a variation? I had a similar problem but flow was reduced from rear vent only, got it checked and found that the rotary cover(functions with the help of knob for decreasing/incr the air flow) was blocking the flow. Took 10 mins to fix.[:)]

Is it same from front and rear blowers or there is a variation? I had a similar problem but flow was reduced from rear vent only, got it checked and found that the rotary cover(functions with the help of knob for decreasing/incr the air flow) was blocking the flow. Took 10 mins to fix.[:)]
Problem with both front and rear vents of main ac.the rear roof ac works perfectly.

The blowers in the 2 front doors, dashboard and the 2 rear vents have same low blower speed. (All gets cool air from the main ac coil). The rear roof ac which has separate coil works perfectly.

Problem with both front and rear vents of main ac.the rear roof ac works perfectly.

The blowers in the 2 front doors, dashboard and the 2 rear vents have same low blower speed. (All gets cool air from the main ac coil). The rear roof ac which has separate coil works perfectly.
Ok. I think time to pay a visit to TASS !

Guys cross posting the info here , thanx to our esteemed member manojodungat for guiding me to this thread .

tata has also issued a notice to all a.s.s to check the shocks and if shocks are found with even a minor leakage change them under warranty for free . ( kindly check this too when the storme goes for service , and remember if found leaking it's changed free of cost , so don't let the a.s.s take you for ride and charge you )

And also they retro fit a small bracket in the front door incase you have a complaint for door not closing . The new batches already come with this fixed , but still at time of delivery if it happens ask them to check .

And if you decide to buy the storme just check the above mentioned things during your PDI.

Info and source - the info was told to me and storme911 when we took his storme for service and to rectify the issue of steering getting hard which happened because of lack and leakage of fluid which was done free of cost under warranty )

Last edited:
Hey guys,

one of my headrest monitors has conked off, So where can I get the same model? My safari is a VX which came with the screens from the manufacturer itself. Local accessories guys dont have the same model and recommend changing both the screens but I'd like to see if I get the same model before. Will it be available with the Tata Spares or is it available anywhere In India and if so can you guys help me source it please?

Model name NMT-M500 ,5" screen.

pro01_01b1.jpg

guys the engine immobilizer fuse gets blown up frequently. 3 fuses replaced in a week. the service center checked it and hoked the laptop and found no problems with the electrical circuits. He said it's replaced with a better fuse( i don't know what he means) but what could be the reason?

Hi,

I have completed 5400 KMS since 15th September and just got the 5k service done, pathetic service, even I can clean my car better. When told SA, was told it is like this. Fruther, I have couple of queries/advise required from Storme owners -

1) My rear roof blower does not work independent of AC, i.e. if I do not switch on rear AC, blower does not work. When I raised it at Kamal & Co, I was told that it is like this and will only work when rear AC is switched on. Which when i checked in owner manual (there it was clearly mentioned that roof ac blower can be operated independent of AC). Then I check with my cousion, who also owns a storme and he also said it does not work. Can any one confirm this? as it is very strange, we do not always want to switch on rear AC and some time only blower is required.

2) The rattle/noise from my rear door, which is still not fixed despite several visits to Kamal and many settings by its service engineer. Though noice is less now but on every bump (even smaller ones) it comes back. When raised, usual response is it is like this in storme. Which is pathetic. What could be the issue and how can I get this fixed.

3) Noise from seat belts, windows and another noise (squeaking) i notices from front left side door on way to Delhi.

4) Foul smell comes in even if inside air circulation is on, when raised to SA, was told it is fine. can something be done about this.

Please advise.

Hi,

I have completed 5400 KMS since 15th September and just got the 5k service done, pathetic service, even I can clean my car better. When told SA, was told it is like this. Fruther, I have couple of queries/advise required from Storme owners -

1) My rear roof blower does not work independent of AC, i.e. if I do not switch on rear AC, blower does not work. When I raised it at Kamal & Co, I was told that it is like this and will only work when rear AC is switched on. Which when i checked in owner manual (there it was clearly mentioned that roof ac blower can be operated independent of AC). Then I check with my cousion, who also owns a storme and he also said it does not work. Can any one confirm this? as it is very strange, we do not always want to switch on rear AC and some time only blower is required.

2) The rattle/noise from my rear door, which is still not fixed despite several visits to Kamal and many settings by its service engineer. Though noice is less now but on every bump (even smaller ones) it comes back. When raised, usual response is it is like this in storme. Which is pathetic. What could be the issue and how can I get this fixed.

3) Noise from seat belts, windows and another noise (squeaking) i notices from front left side door on way to Delhi.

4) Foul smell comes in even if inside air circulation is on, when raised to SA, was told it is fine. can something be done about this.

Please advise.
I too had squeak coming from seat belt, clutch and brake pedals, they go away after spraying with lubricant.

With regards to foul smell, kindlyget the ac checked and cleaned.

Door rattle, this is an issue with all Safaris, Tata have provided couple of washer small plates that need to be put / inserted under locking mechanism, Credit card would also serve the purpose.

I too had squeak coming from seat belt, clutch and brake pedals, they go away after spraying with lubricant.

With regards to foul smell, kindlyget the ac checked and cleaned.

Door rattle, this is an issue with all Safaris, Tata have provided couple of washer small plates that need to be put / inserted under locking mechanism, Credit card would also serve the purpose.
The foul smell etc comes in when I am driving in traffic or from stinking area. I think its related to air circulation vent but TASS guys don't know anything they say its working fine. For them all the issues reported which they cannot fix usual reply is it is like this in safari & storme.....

I own 2013 tata safari storme and after 10000 kms clutch is getting harder and after few days i found the rear suspension fail means shock absorber has been leaked , if anybody facing same problems like me or solution for hard clutch please reply

Last edited by a moderator:
I own 2013 tata safari storme and after 10000 kms clutch is getting harder and after few days i found the rear suspension fail means shock absorber has been leaked , if anybody facing same problems like me or solution for hard clutch please reply
I don't know much about hard clutch , maybe you can show the a,s,s . About shocks

tata has issued a notice to all a.s.s to check the shocks and if shocks are found with even a minor leakage change them under warranty for free .

Your shocks will be changed under warranty for free . Incase you have AMC they will change the clutch too .

Both should get resolved with warranty irrespective of whether you have amc or not - drop a mail and push them in case they dont agree.

@ Pravin. Have you installed some electrical accessories? Any imbalance in electrical circuit could lead to blown up fuses.
A better quality fuse! that means either they have been using a substandard fuse; or they have fixed a fuse of higher current rating. If thats the case, they have not solved the problem. The fuse wont blow, but some other electronics might blow up. get it checked properly.

Last edited:
I have crossed 2100KM in less than a month. Today morning while driving to office my malfunction lamp started glowing. Called KHT Service center and went there for checking. It goes off automatically when I switched off and started after 5 minutes. The Service Advisor told me it is normal and no need to worry. No error codes were checked.

Is it normal with safari?

Top Bottom