Tata Safari & Storme: Technical Issues & Solutions

Thread Starter #16
AC not working, the gas has leaked out again. Man there are alot of issues tobe taken care off. Clutch plates, ORVM's, side fender.[frustration]

Hi,

Would appreciate your advise on follwing issues on new Storme, taken delivery on 15th September and already been to ASC twice, spent many hours, no resolution.

1) Pulling to left (alignment done twice), if i leave steering for a moment at speed of 40+, steering goes to left automatically along with car.

2) strange noise (sssoooooonn) when I press accelator

3) noticable vibrations in streering, gear shaft.

Have got call from tata team 4 time in last two days asking me to rate the service and despite sharing the experience, no one is bothered to call back.

At ASC service advisor is complete fool, I asked him to drive it to know the issue and he don't want to, he said he has done the alignment twice and now waiting for some software update, which will help him in correctly aligning the vehicle.

What I am worried about is, if this issue is due to something else, I read somewhere that streering/pinion was changed to rectify the issue.

I am completely pissed off, after buying 13lakhs vehicle, one expects better quality and after sales service from Tata.

Hi,

Would appreciate your advise on follwing issues on new Storme, taken delivery on 15th September and already been to ASC twice, spent many hours, no resolution.

1) Pulling to left (alignment done twice), if i leave steering for a moment at speed of 40+, steering goes to left automatically along with car.

2) strange noise (sssoooooonn) when I press accelator

3) noticable vibrations in streering, gear shaft.

Have got call from tata team 4 time in last two days asking me to rate the service and despite sharing the experience, no one is bothered to call back.

At ASC service advisor is complete fool, I asked him to drive it to know the issue and he don't want to, he said he has done the alignment twice and now waiting for some software update, which will help him in correctly aligning the vehicle.

What I am worried about is, if this issue is due to something else, I read somewhere that streering/pinion was changed to rectify the issue.

I am completely pissed off, after buying 13lakhs vehicle, one expects better quality and after sales service from Tata.
Hi Sunit,

With regards to the Ssnooon sound, (it is combined with normal engine sound i believe. then that is normal sound. I dont know the technical reasons but that sound is heard in Storme as well as Aria.

Now the reason on vehicle pulling left, is some thing to be worried about. have you put in any other tyres or have put in any new alloys? if not then I guess this needs to be escalated to higher up in Tata. I will try to get some numbers in TML. let me see.

With regards to Vibration on gear shaft, I guess Rajiv9896 also faced similar issues and was resolved in concorde motors showroom in Pune. I will give his details as well.

Last edited:
Hi Sunit,

With regards to the Ssnooon sound, (it is combined with normal engine sound i believe. then that is normal sound. I dont know the technical reasons but that sound is heard in Storme as well as Aria.

Now the reason on vehicle pulling left, is some thing to be worried about. have you put in any other tyres or have put in any new alloys? if not then I guess this needs to be escalated to higher up in Tata. I will try to get some numbers in TML. let me see.

With regards to Vibration on gear shaft, I guess Rajiv9896 also faced similar issues and was resolved in concorde motors showroom in Pune. I will give his details as well.
Thanks any contact in TML would really help.

I am at jaipur and I did changed the steel rim to Dicor Stock alloys (same specs) and Yoko tyres (Stock specs). I was very specific that I don't want to do anything beyond with stock specs, this was done post confirmation by tata dealer & his service manager.

I have done the tyre check (for raidal pull) by swapping front tyres, tomorrow will do the swap of rear tyres.

Regarding noise when accelator is pressed, I never noticed in TD vehicle (or may be I failed to) but it sounds like some air is being released.

I have noted down all the issues and intend to again take down my vehicle to ASC (cost of another saturday ruined)..but intention is to keep my love for Safari alive.

On another ASC, yes this is again a option , but are they going to charge me anyting for resolving mentione issues as I have not purchased it from other dealer.

The air release noise is coming from the waste gate of the turbo.

Are there any other ASC in your area that you can visit?No harm in trying to get the issue sorted at another ASC.

Have you tried calling customer support at: 1800 209 7979

Use this link to find more ASC workshops in your area:

http://www.tatamotors.com/contactus/passengervehicles.php

Last edited:
1) I have a 2008 2.2VTT DICOR, covered 68k kilometers, recently i noticed the front bushes which are shown in the attachment are little bit worn. Please conform if it is normal/ worn bushes.

2) When I start the vehicle in the morning the gears are perfect, but after driving few kilometers in stop and start traffic It is giving problems for engaging the first gear, some times I am not able to engage the gear, it happens 2 or 3 times out of 10 gear change.

Please suggest on these.
Thanks [:)]

Attachments

Get the gear lever checked and gear selector checked out.

How long ago was the gear oil changed?

The picture you attached is of the upper and lower arm bushes.You need to change those, they wear out.

Last edited:
Get the gear lever checked and gear selector checked out.

How long ago was the gear oil changed?

The picture you attached is of the upper and lower arm bushes.You need to change those, they wear out.
They are not upper and lower arm bushes, They are at the end of Panhard rod, I think the name is correct.

can this gear shifting problem is because of low Gearbox oil? I also have a doubt on that, I have changed the oil at 45k, 2 years back.

This rod connects left and right lower arms, with a bolt that has four rubber bushes, I don't know what exactly it is called, but it is for reducing body roll.

can this gear shifting problem is because of low Gearbox oil? I also have a doubt on that, I have changed the oil at 45k, 2 years back.
Seems to be low gear oil. I faced a similar problem after my gear oil was changed as the TASS guys didnt refill oil properly due to unprofessional methods of oil filling and breather sucking in air. But if it is low gear oil, you may have some damage too there!

Top Bottom