Tata Safari & Storme: Technical Issues & Solutions

Thread Starter #1
Just searched the forum and did'nt found any thread related to problems faced by Safari owners. The thread is created to bring out the issues being faced with Safari so as to help members better tackle them with.

Recently I had given the car for service and had several issues:

1) AC not working.
2) Clutch oil leaking
3) Several oil leaks.
4) Left pulling. (This has not been solved from several thousand kms)

Dear All

I am starting this thread so that all the Storme owner can come to one platform and share what all the issues they faced till now and what are the possible solutions.

I would request all the Storme owners and other knowledgful members to please contribute

NB: Mukesh, Decool, Navdoon, Guralla Sir, Iron rock sir, The Xover, Hillbilly, rajdeep, sanjaysg, urbanoffroader special participation is desired

Let me start the problem faced by me till now and their solutions, completed (2400km+)

FE: In city 11kmpl
Highway 13+kmpl

1) Remote of music system is not working (waiting for replacement from Tata Motors from last 10days)
2) Bluetooth mike is not working (waiting for replacement from Tata Motors from last 10days)
3) Lighter fuse blown up (replaced immediately)

Last edited by a moderator:
@mercidised

Regarding your problem

1) Their could be problem of gas leak/ AC grill kindly check the same i think it is being covered in the warranty. One of the Dicor owner faced the same problem and TASC just keep refilling the AC gas but actually the grill was faulty.
2) Regarding issue 2 and 3 there is a possibility that oil seal is not proper/ Kaput.
3) Regarding issue 4 kindly go for wheel balancing and alignment hope it will get resolved.

Please let me know how many km is there on the odometer

A.C could be even blower motor fault

Problems

Dash board noise
Door pad noises
Rear jump seat rattling noise
Blower problem
Batter/alternator/self motor problem
Few safari storme the body is ferm but drive seat alone is very shakey

This is an old thread.mercidised posted the problem closed to 8 months ago.

@rahulsingh_er:You're thread got merged with this old one.

Latest one, My car was not used for almost 2 months. After returning, i cranked the engine, reversed, took her out, till now all seems okay..then after slotting into first, car jerks(initial slag and sudden pull). I take it lightly and slot it into 2nd, and the magnitude of jerks multiplies. I quickly accelerate and cog her into third, all fine. Now, i thought this to be normal after such a long hibernation. I was driving from Hyderabad to Secunderabad(you know what i mean, heavy traffic) and numerous down shifts resulting to repeated jerks. Then suddenly a major jerk and speedo dies. Somehow reached the destination, following points noted:-
1. Speedo dead.
2. Major drop in pickup.
3. Engine RPM reaching upto 4000 RPM[shock] with engine refusing to perform beyond 100 KMPH.
4. Excessive black smoke!
5. And last.. engine malfunction light glowing.
Fixed an appointment at Malik cars. Problem diagnosed as damaged wires to ECU. It's a RODENT ATTACK![frustration] For replacing wires and a new set of connectors they charged me 1200/-. Result, ohh the car is back on road with previous performance.[clap]

@The Monk: The problems you have mentioned will ocour only if there is block in Electronic valve and choaking od Cat Con.
What was the reason for damages in ECU wire?
Check the quality of fuel you use and Its safe that you change the filling station where your regularly fill fuel.

Did you get an solution for the third problem?

@The Monk: The problems you have mentioned will ocour only if there is block in Electronic valve and choaking od Cat Con.
What was the reason for damages in ECU wire?
Check the quality of fuel you use and Its safe that you change the filling station where your regularly fill fuel.

Did you get an solution for the third problem?
Every problem i mentioned was sorted out by replacing wires that were damaged/cut by rodents as i mentioned, vehicle working fine now buddy.

Hi....
I have two questions to be answered, please help

1) Some auto jukies have recommended to put 2T oil along with diesel. Is it a good thing to do? If we can mix then what care to be taken
2) My service light keeps coming up and stays for 1-2 secs and vanishes. This happens on certain locations on my daily route to work. I gathered these areas are grey patches (where cell phone networks drop drastically) could this be the reason?

Please reply

Jassida, modern diesel cars have particulate filters.The oil will just clog the particulate filter.

Make sure your diesel car doesn't have a particulate filter if you wish to mix 2T oil into it.

Have you read your owners manual about what the service light indicates?

Check the level of engine oil and gear oil.Check if your glow plugs are working.

The ECU and ABS are prone to electromagnetic interference.A simple experiment to try would be to locate the ECU/ECM and cover it with aluminium foil.Then check if you face the service light issue when passing through the grey patches you mentioned.

Hi....

My service light keeps coming up and stays for 1-2 secs and vanishes. This happens on certain locations on my daily route to work. I gathered these areas are grey patches (where cell phone networks drop drastically) could this be the reason?
Please reply
Jessida, service light for safari is towards left and Malfunction Indicator towards right of instrumentation panel. If it is malfunction indicator than it will create a log for malfunction in engine exhaust system which may lead to catalytic converter damage. But, if it is service light then you need to rush it to nearest service centre. If TASC is unable to diagnose, then perhaps phone network needs to be blamed!

Thanks guys. I enquired with my mechanic he said not to put any thing in the diesel as the EMC detects faulty fuel and may cause some serious harm, As it did to one of the beasts (safari) he worked on due to the same negligence of a enthusiast.

@the Monk, buddy its the service light (yellow) not the Malfunction light (red) and the Service light is not on for beyond 2 secs and like i mentioned this happens only in specific areas of my daily route. Will try the aluminum foil technique.

ive completed 13K kms with my beast. faced minor issue. water drops are coming inside during long trip with AC on. I felt the water drops in my feet during the long drive. I think some other storme owner also faced this issue before. Apart from sponge solution suggested by TASS is there any permanent solution for this?

Top Bottom