Tata Safari & Storme: Technical Issues & Solutions

i have A TATA Safari EX model 2008 and iam having a issue of after 120 speed getting service light on dash and engine rpm suddenly dropping and if turn off the engine and start then orginal pickup will get back what is the problem[frustration]
thank you in advance .

Best regards,
Rajasekhar reddy
how many kms done? it could be due to one of the following things.

blocked injectors- more fuel would accumulated at the nozzle creating a vaccum in the fuel lines. when engine is switched on and off, it would go away and would come back after driving again.

adulterated sedimentor: more bypass particles and water gets accumulated in the sedimentor. have a close look if the sedimentor light in dash board lights up with the service light, do a sedimentor cleaning.

as your vechile is from the vintage batch of dicors as mine, it's safe to do a injector clean up and recalibration done after every 45,000 kms.

thank you pravin for your quick response[clap] ,
my safari done 130000 km and i forgot to ask one question my car battery get draining in one day 1.5 years amaron new battery its under warranty and when i remove positive terminal its after 10 days also starts at 1st self so its problem in car not in battery and its only having from last 1 month
thank you in advance .

Best regards,
Rajasekhar reddy

thank you pravin for your quick response[clap] ,
my safari done 130000 km and i forgot to ask one question my car battery get draining in one day 1.5 years amaron new battery its under warranty and when i remove positive terminal its after 10 days also starts at 1st self so its problem in car not in battery and its only having from last 1 month
thank you in advance .

Best regards,
Rajasekhar reddy
130k kms is too long without a injector clean up. do a clean soon before it gets locked up which can set you back by a huge amount.

regarding battery, i suspect one of your doors not locking properly. leave the car unlocked .just close the doors. Do not use central lock. Check the next day.

when one of the doors not locking properly, the light on the door is on which is enough to drain battery.

if the car starts the next day, then one of the door lock hinges getting stuck. either it needs a replacement or can be fixed with applying oil.

ALso check the condition of the battery. clean terminals with hot water. also check the body earthing cable.

when central locking is enabled, a small indicator(lock signal) keeps bliking on the instrument cluster, if it's not glowing then there may be a problem with central locking system.

Re: Looking for Tata Safari Spares supplier

hi guys good eve,
I am from Chennai and my name is Humayun Shareef.
I had a scorpio 2007 sold it 2 months back and bought a safari 2006 model.

I had been to local mechanics for few works and these people charging excess for the spares.
Hi,
Check for prices in 99rpm: 100% Authentic Car Spare Parts. I have bought a few Fiat parts from them. Service and quality of stuff received were good. Prices were less than the dealer / spares outlet prices. Their shipping charges are also reasonable.
-Ilango

Hi
if i travel 150km in ac is on my car coolant is drains or evaporating min 1lit there are no leakage every time i have to check before i start the vehicle and if i turn full turn to right brake is not working ,brake pedal is touching the floor but brake is not working other than that in straight or in left turn brake is working fine
thank you in advance .
Best regards,
Rajasekhar reddy

Hey guys,

My brother took our Storme to Gwalior and complaint that Storme was loosing the power.
He was driving over 120 and all of sudden engine check light appeared, after that the SUV did not go beyond the speed of 80 KMPH. He stopped and restarted the SUV and after that everything was fine. He faced this issue three times in the entire journey.
is there anyone who has faced similar issue.

hi mukesh i am also having same issue on my safari dicore 2.2 one frnd told me that injecter cleanup will clear the issue but didn't tried at . if you know any thing about it please let me know.
thank you in advance .
Best regards,
Rajasekhar reddy

my safari dicor ex 2.2 was loosing the power.
while i was driving over 120 and all of sudden engine check light appeared, after that the SUV did not go beyond the speed of 80 KMPH. He stopped and restarted the SUV and after that everything was fine. same issue repeating every time [frustration]
is there anyone who has faced similar issue.

I have a safari storme which had completed 38000 Km
Nowadays i feel difficulty in driving the vehichle.. the clutch is very hard and also when i drive in small gears i feel lot of problems. Steering wheel is shaking when the vehichle is driven through bad roads which have gutters..
when i bought this vehichle it provided me a special feel when driving.. The suspension was awsome.. But now its very very difficult to drive.. All the services are done at correct time and they are not able to find any faults still but iam not getting the ride comfortability which i had get in the intial days. I dont have any deep knowledge about vehichles. Please help me
Iam dissapointed because i payed 12 Lakhs rs for this car and iam not getting enough ride quality nowadays. I think the problem is with suspension. When i ride through small roads i feel lag and some kind of difficulty. Pls help

bhvm

Honoured Member
Are you sure that tyres are properly inflated with recommended pressure?
Best would be to approach SVC and ask senior engineer for a test run.

Are you sure that tyres are properly inflated with recommended pressure?
Best would be to approach SVC and ask senior engineer for a test run.
tyres are inflated with recommended pressure
gear lever is tight and the steering is also very tight
when the car is driven through rough roads its shaking too much
now a days my maruti 800 gives more ride comfortability than safari storme
when I change the gear from first gear to second gear while running I feel something like a jerk

Please help me
So many people told me that tata cars are not good.. But i never heard their words.. I opposed them all selected safari storme as my car.. now i regret

bhvm

Honoured Member
Do not fret.
first, send a mail to Tata customer care

next we need history of your vehicle.
purchase date.
odo.
warranty status.
driving style.
major repairs or accident.
service and maintenance records.

Top Bottom