Tata Safari & Storme: Technical Issues & Solutions

I am so far proud owner of safari storme till last night as I have noticed that while driving from 0-40 on a normal road without traffic my vehicle is struggling to get a pick up either at 1st and 2nd or 3rd gear sequentially used.
what can have gone wrong as this is a recent issue I am having where as this wasn't the case in past during driving at similar speed.
What can be the cause of this issue please help if any expert advice

Amit Desai

Dear all
please let me know if after driving 7500 kms approx now i am having issues with pick up from 0-40 with 1st , 2nd gear and 3rd used sequentially as normal and the pick up has gone drastically down
please suggest what could be the cause of the same

I have a safari storme its only been 10 month since i have bought it. There is a cabin air leak after i reach 100km/hr. A hizz sound starts coming from the window even when they are closed. The cladding has been changed by the dealer but the problem still persists.. what should i do ? does this occur in all safaris ? plz help.

Hello,
There
My monster got a problem. A oil leakage from near suspension area got any idea how to stop it?

Hi guys,

Got a peculiar problem: I was driving to Kolhapur.After covering about 150-160 kms(crossed Belgaum) while I was accelerating in the 3rd or 4th gear , the car had reached 2K RPM or so but and a certain point on the highway I felt the car kind of lose power for at 2k rpm -then a jerk-then lose power again and then back to its normal self all in 3-4 seconds. The feeling cannot be explained properly but imagine the car at the sweet turbo spot climbing at 2000 RPM but the feeling on the accelerator pedal is as if the car is at 400 RPM(not actually happening but the feeling) just for 1-2 seconds and back to 2K RPM. Quite a scary moment that was. This happened back again when I was returning back from Kolhapur. Something similar had occurred to me while I was on the way to Pune some time last month but I thought it was just my imagination. What might be the problem?
Is there any Symbol of Engine Malfunctioning, blinking on odometer which is in amber color? If it displaying pls do check your engine by electronic expert ASAP.

Tata safari coolant overflow

i did a radiator flush, and filled new coolant 10 days back. Today after a hard driving for 60 kms,. All of a sudden when i idled the engine when stoping at my home, the coolant overflew via the overflow tube. But the temp guage, was exactly at half and no signs of engine heating. The temp was so hot around 2 in the afternoon. Is there any problem with the cooling system that i should check? went for a ride for 20 kms in the evening no signs of the same.

Re: Tata safari coolant overflow

Well Pravin, what happens is when you drain old coolant and fill in fresh. There is a cetyain amount of air getting trapped in the plumbing. Which will eventually eject from the plumbing and gets out of the system through the coolant reservoir (plastic bottle). When this happens, the air bubbles do manage to push coolant out of the plumbing or radiator and into the plastic container.

Hence when ever you flush coolant and put back fresh, make sure you idle car for atleast 10 - 15mins, for all air bubbles to come out and ensure you DO NOT OVERFILL THE PLASTIC TANK.
The reason why 99% of all coolant reservoirs comes with a mark of "MAX" @ half the level of the can, is because the coolant expands when hot and contracts when cold, it needs space to do so, by overfilling the tank, you arent giving it space.

Here is a video of my nano's tank overflowing due to same mistake.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4o7Fd4ktdM&feature=youtu.be

the coolant overflow that i repoerted in my dicor has been resurfacing . the coolant would overflow after 30 mins of driving and it happens at a rapid pace. the temprature would be at half mark.

while coming back from hyd, in mid afternoon for the first time temp went past quarter above half. I stopped the car and the colant has been leaking. waited till late night for the engine to cool and filled in coolant and drove to chennai. But there was no overflow this time around.

no check engine light blinking. Immediately took it to TASS and explained them. they did a check for 4 hours and said the head gasket is blown and needs immediate replacement.

I did not hesitate too do the work as the car has clocked 140,000. booked the service apointement. While coming back, i did decided to check with a road side mechanic. found a guy who works with heavy vechiles.

by the time i reached him, the coolant was leaking from the overflow bottle. the guy did a quick check and drove the car. He said there is no problem in engine or the cooling system. He asked me to change the radiator cap and he did not charge me.

i was [frustration] tinking what a radiator cap will do. got a replacement cap and topped up the coolant and paked the car. next day i drove the car from chennai to trichy. there was no leak at all. i was suprised.

been 10 days and more than 1000 kms, no leaks. i visited the mechanic again. he said the radiator cap was not holding the pressure of the hot coolant as a result coolant was pushed through overflow tube.

Re: Tata safari coolant overflow

i did a radiator flush, and filled new coolant 10 days back. Today after a hard driving for 60 kms,. All of a sudden when i idled the engine when stoping at my home, the coolant overflew via the overflow tube. But the temp guage, was exactly at half and no signs of engine heating. The temp was so hot around 2 in the afternoon. Is there any problem with the cooling system that i should check? went for a ride for 20 kms in the evening no signs of the same.
Usually there will be breeder hole in the thermostat that usually releases trapped air slowly, if it is clogged or excess air in the cooling system it over flows. Even though your temp needle stays in normal range you can check your cooling system efficiency by flowing simple procedure below.

If you have temp gauge like lengthy thermometer you can check inlet radiator and outlet radiator temp, the difference should be approximately 5 degree from radiator fan on to off. If radiator could not able to bring that much diff or fan continuously running then you need to check your cooling system.

-suryaputhra

Last edited:
my 2.2 dicor has done 150,000 kms planning for a suspension overhaul. i saw the thing about gabriel schocks for safari. any one has used it? also tass quoted 40k for the suspension overhaul? any idea of the cost involved would be appericiated?

Hai everybody ,

yeterday when i was driving my strome at yamuna exprssway towards agra suddenly.my stereo stops

and than again starts on its own ..it happend 3to 4 times .and after this there was one more problem crop up ...engine also just died as my strome was in motion so i was able to start it again .same thing happen again after 5 minutes or so and again it came to life because of motion .it happend 5to 6 times and thank god it did repeat till next day till i reachd home .

can anybody help me on this means . what may be the reasons behind this horrifying exprence .

one thing more if u are travelling with family your and that too on a highway it is very dangerous.

Hai everybody ,

yeterday when i was driving my strome at yamuna exprssway towards agra suddenly.my stereo stops

and than again starts on its own ..it happend 3to 4 times .and after this there was one more problem crop up ...engine also just died as my strome was in motion so i was able to start it again .same thing happen again after 5 minutes or so and again it came to life because of motion .it happend 5to 6 times and thank god it did repeat till next day till i reachd home .

can anybody help me on this means . what may be the reasons behind this horrifying exprence .

one thing more if u are travelling with family your and that too on a highway it is very dangerous.
Most probably (wire) loose connections. Did you check fuse/s as well?

Looking for Tata Safari Spares supplier

hi guys good eve,
I am from Chennai and my name is Humayun Shareef.
I had a scorpio 2007 sold it 2 months back and bought a safari 2006 model.

I had been to local mechanics for few works and these people charging excess for the spares.

Then I went to a dealor of Tata parts in Mount Road Chennai and he has fixed price for all parts and no discount.

I NEED following parts for my car to restore suspension and body works.
Front suspension bush kit – 1 no
Tie rod end set – 1 no
Steering dampner or steering shock absorber – 1 no
Front shocks – 1 set
Rear Shocks – 1 set
Power steering seal set – 1 no
Front bearing set – 1 no
Rear suspension bush kit – 1 no
Upper arm ball joint set – 1 no
Lower arm ball joint set – 1 no
Steering rod cross set – 1 no
White dhoti 4 pkts – 1 no.
Front roof lights – 1no
Centre roof light – 1 no
Driver passenger door rubber set
Driver side window rubber set
Driver door Ac blower vent
Foot rest rubber set.
If any one can suggestion me spare parts dealor who gives oem and good price, it will be appreciated.
Also I have some tinkering works in the car as I see the door beading rusted completely and air noise is there inside the car at high speeds. hence it needs tinkering works on both sides of rubber beading near passenger and drives board.
If anyone of you can recommend some good garage who can do both mechanical and tinkering painting, it will be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone, pls help me my tata safari dicore 3.0 when we start the engine no response to the acceleration I need to put first gear and jerk then accelerator work normal or I need to restart the car I don’t know what problem
Car is 2006 model dicore 3.0, meter reds is 106500kilometers

i have A TATA Safari EX model 2008 and iam having a issue of after 120 speed getting service light on dash and engine rpm suddenly dropping and if turn off the engine and start then orginal pickup will get back what is the problem[frustration]
thank you in advance .

Best regards,
Rajasekhar reddy

Top Bottom