Tata Safari & Storme: Technical Issues & Solutions

Any update on what the issue was?
So sorry for not reverting back, I checked with my mechanic when I took it for regular servicing, he told me the fan wasn't working and he will try repairing it, if it works then all good or else I ll have to replace it, but luckily he it got repaired he told me the brushes were gone that's replaced now and it works just fine now

I got my safari delivered yesterday, a weird thing I noticed -although it is as expected in the manual. The engine lock indicator keeps blinking even after I have pulled out the keys -as I its mentioned in manual 1.>Blinking means engine immobilized and secure 2.> Off means key authenticated and ready to start 3.> On means -some issues, get it checked

Have never seen it any other vehicle and hence wanted to reconfirm.with existing safari owners

Second issue I noticed is squeaking sound -doors, seal belts knobs and here and there -all from latches and knobs seems no proper greasing! Is it normal in new vehicle, atleast I had none of these in my WangonR!

Otherwise ..WOW ..what a vehicle ..comfort, drive ..superb!

Re: Tata Safari Storme Road Test Drive Review

ya, same thing i too had developed in my safari. Thereafter i got tyre pressure checked, found less pressure in front left tyre, got it refilled and was working fine...till for a few days, the problem cropped again and again less tyre pressure. I got the tyre checked and all seams fine but repeated air filling within 20 days is mandatory now.
Either the tire have small puncture or Disc(Rim)/alloy has bent in case it has tubeless tire. Plesae check.

Also check up whether the particular wheel has break jam/ bearning problem and if then the wheel may get hotter and that will reduce the tire pressure.

I got my safari delivered yesterday, a weird thing I noticed -although it is as expected in the manual. The engine lock indicator keeps blinking even after I have pulled out the keys -as I its mentioned in manual 1.>Blinking means engine immobilized and secure 2.> Off means key authenticated and ready to start 3.> On means -some issues, get it checked

Have never seen it any other vehicle and hence wanted to reconfirm.with existing safari owners

Second issue I noticed is squeaking sound -doors, seal belts knobs and here and there -all from latches and knobs seems no proper greasing! Is it normal in new vehicle, atleast I had none of these in my WangonR!

Tata cars if engine immobiliser is working even after key is removed it will blink its normal.

I got my safari delivered yesterday, a weird thing I

Well, the door squeaks and generally not seen in new vehicles. in my case, the squeaks started after 8th month. but some times I had an odd noise coming in from the rear hatch door while closing.

I had sent the vehicle to service center couple of times to attend this mini issues. But there are bound to get these squeaks here and there. They get resolved too (at least in my case)

But other than these the storme is wonderful beast to drive.

When I took my wagon R I was recommended by the service manager not to cross 60kmph before first service! No one recommended any thing like that for safari, neither do I see it the service manual -Is there such limit for diesel vehicles especially Safari -if its there I do not know how will I do it -it seems 60+ is minimum speed when safari is happy ;)
I am planing for a long trip, Bangalore to Mumbai in a month -is it Ok to get the first service done after I return or vice verse (get the first service done and then take it for a long ride)

This is normal. Same in my Manza and also for Vista series. I think VW also have similar thing but just a LED light on door.

i have noticed few issuse in my Safari
1. My ac condenser fan has stopped working again, hence cooling has gone for toss,so this time rather than reparing it again i plan on replacing it completly.
2. i had taken my car for wheel alignment yesterday and the guy told me there is a play on LHS front wheel and suggested not to do alignment and take it to you mechanic 1st to detemine the problem because if the aligment is done on that the left side tyre will go bald. so i took the car to my mechanic he told me the tie rod will have to be replaced also the car drives like a boat.
3. its been raining like crazy since few days, and i noticed there is water leakage in the cabin some where near a "DEAD PEDAL" area. (i know safari doesnt have one !!), actully cant exacly pin point the location, i shall click a photo and post it tomorrow.
Can someone throw some light on this.

Last edited:
Hi, My safari is now 3 months old with 1500 on odo, first service done.. no issues as such. Some noise was there in cabin which was rectified -it was due to door alignment. I wanted to ask about steering handling -is it harder that other vehicles? I have wagon R , and I find Safari steering not to be as light as WagonR -is my comparison wrong? Here is what i have observered:
1.>When Igntion On and vehicel is slow, as while reversing or on signal -Steering very smooth. Almost like my Waggy
2.>If at High speed -it takes some effort to change lane. It's not that I have to apply too much muscle, but it's not as smooth as while reversing or at slow speed -let's say 20-30% stiffer
3.>If the Road condition bad, for example, all of sudden rough patch, it seems that steering has lost its "power" tag
4.>After ignition off, when I try to lock steering -it's tooo hard. I reported it during service, but do not see any improvement.
I though before talking to service people, it's better to get opinion of existing user as my point of reference is WagonR which is much lighter and smaller! + it's a Maruti!
Is it little bit tougher to handle such heavy vehicle? I have driven non power steering vehicle -so power steering is def working, but not sure about the level of smoothness when it is safari! for example a Hyundai guy will find Maruti steering a little more stiff

can some one help me out, I got the below errors when I connected OBD device to TORQUE pro car. can you ll tell me what exactly is wrong in my car.

Attachments

Hey guys want some small help, I managed to crack one of my rear fog lamps. I bought a replacement and want to do a DIY but dont know how to get access to remove the same. I tried from underneath the vehicle but the chassis is blocking access so how is it actually removed?

Central locking stopped working in Tata Safari 3.0

Today morning when I tried to open a door with remote, there was no response. Had to open the door manually. Realised that the central locking is not working in my Safari. Any suggestions what I need to check?

Also, the reverse horn did not work today, so I wonder if there's any wire cut? Or are there any fuses to check.

Please help. Thanks.

Top Bottom