Tata Safari Storme Review & Pictures

[clap][clap] looks good.
Do you all think an update or a refresh to the storme 400 will be coming soon ?
Well i doubt that. Storme 400 was very recently launched. I dont think so if there would be any refresh for strome 400.

Hypothetically even if there is any refresh it would be on the interior front (that is what I am hoping for) the exterior there may not be any. If tata wants to go all guns blazing they may put in the DRLs (like the one in nexon) in the storme ( but that is a distant possibility)

So to answer your question atleast not until the festive season.

Folks, I am hearing a thud sound from the suspension when maneuvering a speed breaker at some speed. If I do it slowly no sound comes. I am noticing this from few days, any idea why this is happening. .

Folks, I am hearing a thud sound from the suspension when maneuvering a speed breaker at some speed. If I do it slowly no sound comes. I am noticing this from few days, any idea why this is happening. .
Take your Storme to TASS and get the shockers checked. All 4 shockers of my 2013 Storme were changed within 6 months. 2 during first service and 2 during 2nd service. TML changed it on their own free of cost because there were some issues with shockers with specific batch of Stormes.

Hai mukesh ,

7 months back tass has changed all the shockers under warranty .but this problem occurs just 2 months back .my strome done 22000 km till date its july -13 model .

Storme has completed half century i.e 55k km on odo and its been a wonderful journey

Even after abuse , The suspension is still looking good condition. Local Mechanic was suprised to see this , he also said there are many high quality parts in storme compared to old safari , he said the ac compressor is of mistubushi , which generally nevers fails

Have changed tyre recently to falken HT for 22k ( set of 4) , got 600rs per tyre buyback on old bridgestone duller , these falken tyre are very silent and grippy , steering feedback has imrpoved and overall ride quality remains the same as bridgestone.

Have also started to use Mobil Devlac 1 synthetic engine oil 5w40 , now engine refinement has improved leaps and bounds compared to tass mineral oil

Major replacement -
Power Steering oil pipe leaked - covered under warranty

All 4 Shock absorber replaced under warranty at 30k km

Exhaust system - under warranty ( it had got cracked and was making some sound when clutch was pressed )

Other regular replacement
Clutch set at 30k km , under AMC
Brake oil ,cutch oil & coolant at 38k km - Under AMC
Differential oil at 45k km
Brake pads at 52k km for 8k

I have permanently sealed outside air flow of ac , the flaps used to fall down again and again , causing rain water to come on floor carpet and also outside smell used to come in. This problem is solved. Only way getting fresh air is to roll down all windows

The only defect i see that , once the rear seat are folded upfront , while putting it back it dosent get lock properly , one needs to push very hard to lock it .

TASS experience with concorde has been excellent !

Highly impressed by Storme ride and handling , its doing its duty perfectly !

Cheers !

Hi All,
I have a query regarding Jack that comes with Safari Storme. Is the OEM Jack is suitable for changing tyre on not so flat surface (like on rocky rough inclined road) ?
If not what other options do we have ?
Thanks,

Hi All.
Wow !! its been a while I had updated this thread. The car has reached 45k and just got it serviced yesterday. I will be honest the ride quality is far far better than Scorpio or XUV.
The journey has not been a fruitful one with loads of issues that makes you wonder if this car is even trust worthy to take it on long routes. So this is what has happened.

1. After 20K the left headlight went off. Got it checked and replaced the bulb. However after few weeks it went off again, again got it checked and they replaced the bulb again.

2. This time the same bulb went off and took all the left side indicator off along with it. Again took the car to the workshop they couldn’t find anything wrong with electrical circuits and got them replaced. Since then I haven’t faced any issue.
3. At around 35 K, the vehicle AC stopped functioning it wasn’t cooling. Upon getting tie checked first they said it’s a compressor issue and I was like what? You got to be kidding me? Upon further checking they found a fault cable to be the culprit, so they fixed it. In 1 week the AC again stopped working and this time they said they will replace the cable. Well so far no issue with the AC.
4. before I could send out my car for servicing for 45k @ around 43,300 KM the car will not pick up on 1st, 2nd or 3rd gear. The car started to schake and will not respond to speed at all. Soon after I say the MIL light on. Called Tata Motors in Dwarka and fixed up an appointment.
They couldn’t find anything on the MIL that was serious, but recommended to change the brake PADs as they had gone completely. They were replaced and the car was sent back after getting it serviced.
Once I receive the Car the Mil light was gone and it was responding well to Gear change and speed. Since its monsoon season in Delhi the whole weekend the car couldn’t go out anywhere. Here comes Monday and took the vehicles out, after half a KM the same problem came up and I couldn’t take the risk of taking it far, so decided to return back to home.
I will need to take the vehicle again tomorrow to workstation. Now these series of issue makes you think whether you made the correct choice. I don’t loose patience that easily however now my mind tells me to sell this car cause you didn’t buy an expensive car to see it in a workstation, now and then. Not to mention Rattling will stay with Storme (they should have named it as a Rattle Snake)

Maybe it’s one of those Bad car model that I got assigned, however the question remain should I suffer
If anyone has a number or an email of a Senior head in Tata I would love to speak to them as this is just gone beyond the threshold. If someone ask me about this vehicle I would only recommend them to buy it at your own risk.

Tata Safari Storme Automatic Spotted

One of the bhpian spotted Safari Strome Automatic.

It didn't seem like a test vehicle, had no covers on registration plates. A couple was in the car. Didn't seem like people test driving the vehicle. It seems like bought by a person from Army (stickers visible on the car).

The car was spotted in Delhi Cantt area (towards Dhaula Kuan).

Attachments

Re: Tata Safari Storme Road Test Review

Congratulations in advance on Tata Safari Storme.[glasses] Which variant are you planning to book?
I did not go ahead with booking of Storme then because of a job change and shifting to Mumbai in May 2013. Once in Mumbai postponed the idea of going for a new car due to peak time Mumbai traffic madness and it took time for me to get used to it, though the thought of owning a Strome never died down. I took one more test drive in Mumbai after a year, but decided to wait for the upcoming face lift which was rumored to have more power. My lust for Storme again took out its head in Nov/Dec 2015 when new Storme was launched with 148 BHP. I took one more test drive in this more powered version and got impressed once again. I got intrigued about how great it would be to drive Storme 400 NM which was to be made available in Feb 2016 and decided to wait. I finally test drove Strome 400 NM VX 4X4 in Feb 2016 and booked it on 4th March 2016.

Kahani abhi baaki hai Dost..............

Last edited:
Hi All.
Wow !! its been a while I had updated this thread. The car has reached 45k and just got it serviced yesterday. I will be honest the ride quality is far far better than Scorpio or XUV.
The journey has not been a fruitful one with loads of issues that makes you wonder if this car is even trust worthy to take it on long routes. So this is what has happened.

1. After 20K the left headlight went off. Got it checked and replaced the bulb. However after few weeks it went off again, again got it checked and they replaced the bulb again.

2. This time the same bulb went off and took all the left side indicator off along with it. Again took the car to the workshop they couldn’t find anything wrong with electrical circuits and got them replaced. Since then I haven’t faced any issue.
3. At around 35 K, the vehicle AC stopped functioning it wasn’t cooling. Upon getting tie checked first they said it’s a compressor issue and I was like what? You got to be kidding me? Upon further checking they found a fault cable to be the culprit, so they fixed it. In 1 week the AC again stopped working and this time they said they will replace the cable. Well so far no issue with the AC.
Hi how is the car now? I believe getting it serviced at the right TASS will take care of all the issues , have you tried any in gurgaon area?

Top Bottom