Tata Safari Storme Review & Pictures

Re: Tata Safari Storme Review | Test Drive | Pictures

@Shail1061 has this been since you bought the Storme ?? Or is cos of any recent maintenance issues ? I am keen to know.

4x4 is slightly heavy but that should not affect the FE so much.
Sorry for the late reply.

4x4 is bit heavier and steering feels more heavier due to the 4x4 system. In my possession i drove the vehicle for 29500kms and best in city i had got was 10kmpl without AC and 9kmpl with AC[frustration]. This was not a major problem for what the beast made us to drive every time.

I have sold my vehicle in the mean time to buy pajero sport. The beast was excellent with AMC. I had got changed many parts such as Clutch, brake pads, wipers thrice, 3 services and other small bits under AMC worth 60-70k.

AMC is must as the clutch gets heavy every 18-25k kms. Found this in my manza, vista.

Will surely buy another storme next year in order to replace my fiesta.

Looks like MP police has got a good deal in Tata motors stock clearance sale :biggrin:

Is it only me or anyone else is also unable to spot a facelifted version of Storme in this police cars yard? Old version == stock clearance sale :biggrin:

Looks like MP police has got a good deal in Tata motors stock clearance sale :biggrin:

Is it only me or anyone else is also unable to spot a facelifted version of Storme in this police cars yard? Old version == stock clearance sale :biggrin:
Which is why I have put these pics in the Storme review and not in 2015 referesh thread. At the face of it i thought to be a 2015 version. But then it seems they have had older and better LX versions. they would have ABS, EBD, Side Steps, bigger wheels, in that LX. the 2015 LX IMO is not worth even a look.

Re: Tata Safari Storme Review | Test Drive | Pictures

I have sold my vehicle in the mean time to buy pajero sport. The beast was excellent with AMC. I had got changed many parts such as Clutch, brake pads, wipers thrice, 3 services and other small bits under AMC worth 60-70k.

AMC is must as the clutch gets heavy every 18-25k kms. Found this in my manza, vista.
Advance wishes for the Pajero Sport. You will feel the difference as these fall in two separate Genes. Pajero Sport is a nice vehicle with best drive comfort. No need for AMC, only routine maintenance from authorized service centers.

Guys,

Need some advise from the seniors. I just booked a Storm but door rattling and other minor niggles are putting me off. Not sure if I should go ahead with this purchase or decide for something else. When will TATA take it's ASS seriously!! Simply not acceptable If same issues getting reported in 2015 version too [confused]

Also please advise how much time TASS take to service Storme usually especially in Pune?

I am from Pune and planning to go on long drive with my family and looking for a car for the same. I know it's not the correct question to ask in Safari forum but what else would you suggest if I cancel my booking. We are going to be 4 members in my family soon and my father and sister also will be travelling with me most of the time if not all the time.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks,
Kshitij

@ksharma, mine is Jan 2012 LX Storme (38k ON ODO) and yes the doors rattles some times which is really annoying but lately i have observed that this problem is almost gone (Concorde Mathura road fixed the issue). though i am not sure on the new Storme, Just take a TD and you will be aware of the rattling. Coming to TASS, believe me the TATA service is improving, TASS may not be the best but they are still better than some other companies.

@ksharma, mine is Jan 2012 LX Storme (38k ON ODO) and yes the doors rattles some times which is really annoying but lately i have observed that this problem is almost gone (Concorde Mathura road fixed the issue). though i am not sure on the new Storme, Just take a TD and you will be aware of the rattling. Coming to TASS, believe me the TATA service is improving, TASS may not be the best but they are still better than some other companies.
@Mukesh,

Thank you for replying. One of the guy at my company has an Ex (2013 I guess) and he said the same. I have taken a TD and the vehicle was butter smooth. However I got news from one of my source in TM that Storme Varicor 400 with 6 speed gearbox is due to launch in next 4 month (AutoExpo may be). I asked sales guy at concord Pune to hold for some time due to that. I think it will have some changes in the instrument cluster as well. I am trying to get more info on the same :)

Thanks,
Kshitij

Just got an update.. Safari will get new model (with major changes) in 2018 :(. Can't wait that long lol.

Off topic but TATA going to launch HEXA in AutoExpo. Booking will start as soon as it get launched and delivery by April.

Thanks,
KS

Top Bottom