Tata Safari Storme Review & Pictures

Hi, update at 25000kms.

The car is running smooth but some rattles here and there and some malfunctions.
1) speedometer malfunctioned hence could not drive above 50kmph.
2) Suspension noise repeated after 18000kms service
3) Clutch has become hard- will be replaced through AMC
4) Wiper motor noise
5) seat belt creaking

BUT I STILL LIKE MY BEAST

I was going through a review in youtube ( car dekho) and it mentions that the headlights in the new storme are not upto the mark and "therefore the night drive had to be cut short"! This was repeated twice.
So are the lights that bad to make the expert review make a comment like that.

I was going through a review in youtube ( car dekho) and it mentions that the headlights in the new storme are not upto the mark and "therefore the night drive had to be cut short"! This was repeated twice.
Well, I beg to differ on this point. I own a 2013 Storme and Donot think any change is being done in headlight department in 2015 storme refresh.

I am still using the stock 55w Osram bulbs. I donot even have fog lights on my storme and feel that the stock ones are sufficient on highways even on low beam. High beam I feel kind of blinds the on coming traffic. So if ever its mentioned that they are insufficient, that I would definitely say that the reviewer was biased.

Last edited:
When I brought Vista people used to say, Vista's headlights are not powerful. Even I had a plan to Upgrade the bulbs. But in this three years and 83,000kms. I never felt Vista's Headlights are bad. stock headlights are powerful and more than enough to take any roads in night time.

And I don't feel, there is any chantges in Headlights on facelifted Strome.
Storme owners may aware of it clearly.

Saarji just ask them if they are as bad as those of third gen Honda City ivtec were?
These mindless fellows are all about bashing the Tata. I can bet he will say that City has fantastic lights. Ask any owner or someone with extensive night driving experience in City and see what the recommend on the top of list.

Hi Update after a long trip of 2750kms.

The beast has its fair amount of problems, but when it comes to satisfaction its guaranteed.

it was towards south India in my elephant. Explored it perfectly to its limits when it was fully loaded with luggage and 5 adults. one word to say its amazing i was doing constant 140kmph-160kmph in NH-47, NH-7. ( 4 lane roads only), very easily controllable with superb brakes and the vehicle feels solid.

Only place where the storme could improve is with better engine( XUV has the best engine among the SUV's below 20lacs)

Had a chance to test the 4x4, had taught its waste of buying 4x4, but very useful in the beach, came out easily in 4WD.

Have got a bigger family, need a proper seven seater, slowly my head says fortuner, my heart says "you are happy in storme". The suspension is also very nicely setup, but i wished it to offer little more softness.

Saarji just ask them if they are as bad as those of third gen Honda City ivtec were?
These mindless fellows are all about bashing the Tata. I can bet he will say that City has fantastic lights. Ask any owner or someone with extensive night driving experience in City and see what the recommend on the top of list.

what you mentioned is 100% right. once I had driven HR's 3rd gen Honda city when he came to Chennai.

We both are discussing whether the headlights are switch ON or not, that much powerful it was[lol]

what you mentioned is 100% right. once I had driven HR's 3rd gen Honda city when he came to Chennai.

We both are discussing whether the headlights are switch ON or not, that much powerful it was[lol]
This is something that everyone on this earth had to complain. I have driven one extensively on highways during full night drives and the headlights are not good enough for doing even 100 kph. Upgrade to HIDs was a must but no one ever shouted over this.
Zest has a fit, finish and build that can be easily compared to the current gen City. Has any review mentioned it? Has any review highlighted that Bolt comes with CSC system along with ABS and EBD? In fact I really doubt a lot of road tests when they praise a car over everything or even put some fantastic claims and then declare a car of their choice winner.

I know that TaMO has got the best electricals when it comes to their vehicles. My '06 Xeta never had any issues whatsoever with the stock headlights though later on I upgraded to 90/100 W halogens. 2010, I changed to 6ooo kelvin Xenons and that lasted me for 4 years till one of the bulbs faded. These are now replaced to halogens again.
I wanted to convey that unless the electricals are very good. So the report on poor headlights on Storme was a shocker!

So, after a long time and 50K plus miles, here are my 2 cents:

1) I have driven my Storme extensively on highways(in Night), bad roads and even sometimes offroading in night and never faced any issue with headlights. In fact the throw of low beam is wide and looks very controlled.
2) Who are these experts, some foolish media people who knows nothing about cars and they are just reading lines which are provided to them.
3) A 55W halogen bulb will always deliver the same amount of candle power, be it a Merc, BMW or TATA. The only difference would be the reflector, angle of light and glass of the headlight. In my opinion, Safari has everything which needs to illuminate a road well not disturb and blind traffic coming from other side.

You will find n number of reviews from these so called auto magazines/ experts, use your judgement to decide and also check websites like TAI :) for honest reviews.

Thanks,
Slushmaster

This is something that everyone on this earth had to complain. I have driven one extensively on highways during full night drives and the headlights are not good enough for doing even 100 kph. Upgrade to HIDs was a must but no one ever shouted over this.
Zest has a fit, finish and build that can be easily compared to the current gen City. Has any review mentioned it? Has any review highlighted that Bolt comes with CSC system along with ABS and EBD? In fact I really doubt a lot of road tests when they praise a car over everything or even put some fantastic claims and then declare a car of their choice winner.
True that, my brother owns this third gen city and it gives one a scare of his lifetime doing even 90-100 on highway at night.
Apart from those features, i have not seen any manufacturer coming even half way close when it comes to the paint quality TMIL offers on these vehicles and Storme's paint quality is outstanding!

Top Bottom