Tata Safari Storme Review & Pictures

Re: Tata Safari Storme Review | Test Drive | Pictures

This is my first post in TAI, and nothing could be better than posting in the TATA Storme. It has been my dream, rather a long one, to own a Safari. But then came the storme, which simply is a great iteration an iteration of the product which only a few can understand and appreciate the kind of breed it is.
Kudos to TM.
The news that I have is that the official launch is around the 9th of April, just a week to go to see it in steel and fuel. 2015 I will definitely be stormed with the new update.

@Shail1061 has this been since you bought the Storme ?? Or is cos of any recent maintenance issues ? I am keen to know.

4x4 is slightly heavy but that should not affect the FE so much.
Its been from first, in city sometimes i get even 6.5kmpl to 7kmpl. Its bangalore traffic[frustration]

Hi, Rohit

I usually get fuel efficiency of 10-11KMPL in city, On highway i get 13.5 to 14kmpl (Odo between 80 to 110) depending upon speed. Once odo is above 110KMPH to 140KMPH average goes down to 9.5 to 10kmpl

Last edited:

Looks simple and neat. There is another picture in that blog which highlights the 400 vaircor badge. The picture not only reveals the large gap between the door and the side panel but also i guess must be the hinge. TML should focus more on the shut lines as well.

^^ So not much change in dash board, especially music system. Are they again gonna fix single din (Harman?) music system in their higher priced SUV where their hatchback/CS car with half price of Safari coming with double din?

As per other public forum, it is 2 din HK system. Still TATA should have provided ACC along with this. With respect to panel gap, even i felt bad. Expecting it is only on test mule. Any idea about price. There are no concrete information about launch also.

As per other public forum, it is 2 din HK system. Still TATA should have provided ACC along with this. With respect to panel gap, even i felt bad. Expecting it is only on test mule. Any idea about price. There are no concrete information about launch also.
Update : Checked with Sai Motors Hosur. Price might be same as current model. Still not sure with dates. No front facing third row seats.(Sales person is very much sure with this)

IMO, it involves cutting the beam and that would invariably hamper the structural rigidity. Too big a risk.

Few questions for the Storme owners. Would really appreciate some honest answers and not all of them need to be coming from the hearts.[:)]
(1) Have you ever regretted the decision of buying a storme ? if yes , was it because of the vehicle or a.s.s?
(2) Would you have listened to your mind now if given a choice and bought something else ?
(1) As of today i feel very proud to have strome every time i see my strome standing in my parking lot or driving it . i feel happy in fact delighted.

(2) first i listened my heart for strome purchase and than the mind but now both are satisfied .

Hello Friend's, it's almost now more than 2 years driving my beas. Done with almost 45K with no major lags, all together it is always pleasure driving it. Recently went for a Safari so some pics from the trip.

Attachments

Hello Friend's, it's almost now more than 2 years driving my beas. Done with almost 45K with no major lags, all together it is always pleasure driving it. Recently went for a Safari so some pics from the trip.
Hi Navdoon,
Simply superb. Have you upsized the tires. If so, what is the current size you are using. Really loved the way it looks.

Clear pictures of the interiors has been published by the autos blog. The ICE screen could have been a little bigger for such a large dash. This looks a tad small. The looks are not all that great but the chrome bezel given all around the unit will definitely enhance the looks of it.

There is no mention of the third row seating.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well the latest update is that The Storme update would have 5 speed box with 140+ HP. That is a big no for me. I always wanted the 6th gear.

They have integrated the Harman ICE in Storme which is good but then the silver/steel finish gives is down market look. I has to be black with chrome accents. Then there is no classic watch either.

Over all I may rate it 7/10 (2 points for it being a safari, legacy)

the Zest steering though a good addition feels out of place with old speed and rpm cluster. I donot see and Driver info system in cluster. It is again a bit let down.

Top Bottom